Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1579 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 04-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #23671
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I would not mind a soda set up either. I actually researched one before, but I think more soda is the last thing that I need.

Unread 04-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #23672
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I did a crossfit class Saturday morning. And it totally kicked my ***. It was pretty expensive to do all the time but it was a lot of fun and pretty intense. I'm sure ill be sore for a week.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #23673
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Hey Andy I was wondering if you would like a side project? Something you can do with your new welder and ill pay for materials of course and no rush.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #23674
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Shoot a pic of the fridge area you are talking about. Are you wanting to keep the fridge? We would need a cooler or fridge to keep the soda water cold, or it will taste flat. A small bottle would last a while, provided you have no co2 leaks. The syrup would be the only other thing you would need to come up with. It's usually around $80/5 gal box. That 5 gal of syrup will yield 25 gal finished soda! Even if you did one or two flavors, I think it would be plenty! Lol maybe do mtn dew and lemonade or powerade or hiC? Two flavors, one carb, the other non carb?
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #23675
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It would automatically provide carb water and plain water too. We would need a water source also(no problem) I have a water filter setup as well. Filters would need replaced every 6-12 months though. Many of the parts are available online for not too much.
Unread 04-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #23676
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
It would automatically provide carb water and plain water too. We would need a water source also(no problem) I have a water filter setup as well. Filters would need replaced every 6-12 months though. Many of the parts are available online for not too much.
I can run plumbing lines if needed.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #23677
sirhk100

HAHAHA, oh crap, soda dispenser in my garage would be a bit nutty!!!

Yes, looking to keep the fridge but all that's kept in it is sodas so this would still be it's purpose. LOL

Best pictures I can find of the area. Right above the cab on the wall. The black box is the fridge itself and the rest of the shelf to the right between the fridge and wall could be used where that box and cooler are sitting. That stuff can easily be moved to my shed.

Yeah, I'd probably do mtn dew and something non soda like you suggested. A poweraid or something like that.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #23678
sirhk100

Realistically if you're serious about this. I probably wouldn't want to set it up till May time frame. I'd like to get my exploder out of the garage and spend a weekend cleaning up the garage before I did anything in regards to plumbing and setting something like this up.

Unread 04-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #23679
sirhk100

Just running numbers... 25 gallons of soda (disgusting really to think about but I guess it's better then 25 cartons of cigarettes. LOL) is about 22 twelve packs. I pay $5 a twelve pack so that's about $110 for canned vs. $80ish for fountain. I guess that's a decent savings. I go thru 2-3 twelve packs a week depending on garage activities and temps. I really mostly drink it in the garage while working which is... Well, a lot of my time. LOL

Unread 04-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #23680
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Just running numbers... 25 gallons of soda (disgusting really to think about but I guess it's better then 25 cartons of cigarettes. LOL) is about 22 twelve packs. I pay $5 a twelve pack so that's about $110 for canned vs. $80ish for fountain. I guess that's a decent savings. I go thru 2-3 twelve packs a week depending on garage activities and temps. I really mostly drink it in the garage while working which is... Well, a lot of my time. LOL
How many of the 12 packs do you personally buy, versus the 12 packs that are brought to your house from other people?
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #23681
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

ok, well, if you want it, i would still have to source all the install stuff. may sounds good. I'll have to swing by and survey it for you. try to find out if you can get access to syrup from wherever. if you dont have access to syrup, it defeats the purpose. I've got a 14 button gun, which is WAY bigger than you need, but it could be cannibalized for parts if needed. I would have to go over all the dos and donts of the system, which is pretty easy. we could use the fridge to cool the lines so you would have super cold soda all the time. i could mount the gun under that shelf. I could see you actually using it enough to warrant having it, so thats a good deal. Like I said, I'll have to swing by and do s survey to find out exactly what is needed and where stuff can go. in the mean time, try to source your syrup for whatever flavors you want. you can have up to six carb and six non carb flavors. soda and water dont count as flavors, theyre on the gun automatically. we could also plumb the pumps to run off your air compressor to save you on co2 costs as well. it all sounds harder than it actually is. just keep me posted, and let me know when you find out if you have access to syrup.
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #23682
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Greg- your gobi rack questions. does it hinge in the rear to swing out of the way? if it does, does it latch on the top of the front bar? does the front bar stay stationary when the rack is swung back? Does yours have provisions for light tabs and lights? did you notice the added weight when driving around with it? Gawd theyre expensive!
Merrick, same questions for you on your rack, please.
Anyone else that has or has had an overhead rack on they're TJ, please chime in.
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #23683
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
How many of the 12 packs do you personally buy, versus the 12 packs that are brought to your house from other people?
No clue, I don't really track that equation. I guess I'll have to just put out a tip jar though if I go this route instead of accepting soda donations. LOL

Unread 04-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #23684
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Greg- your gobi rack questions. does it hinge in the rear to swing out of the way? if it does, does it latch on the top of the front bar? does the front bar stay stationary when the rack is swung back? Does yours have provisions for light tabs and lights? did you notice the added weight when driving around with it? Gawd theyre expensive!
Merrick, same questions for you on your rack, please.
Anyone else that has or has had an overhead rack on they're TJ, please chime in.
Powr, my rack is the Smittybilt one and it serves the exact purpose that I need it to (carrying my rooftop tent). It has three cross bars that can easily be removed to allow you to put up or take down the soft top or hard top. Like I said it serves my purpose of holding my RTT. I did replace the factory hardware for the crossbars with 4" eyebolts to allow for tie downs if I ever need to use it for another reason than my RTT. I am satisfied with it and for the price it can't be beat.

Talk Andy into selling his roof rack to you before he sells his Jeep.
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #23685
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
No clue, I don't really track that equation. I guess I'll have to just put out a tip jar though if I go this route instead of accepting soda donations. LOL
Yeah because all I can get is boxes of syrup through my work, but we don't carry Mt. Dew. haha

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.