Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1577 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 03-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #23641
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj

I have a trailer just lacking motivation to start it. I have had it for a few years now.
If you ever decide to sell it, please put me at the top of the list. I likes. I was going to do a TJ tub trailer, but one o those would be a great way to go too!

Unread 03-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #23642
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj

I have a trailer just lacking motivation to start it. I have had it for a few years now.
You ever want to sell tht thing, let me know.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #23643
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

And put me on the list before Powr, because I'll actually do something with it, Powr will just let pigeons nest in it. Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #23644
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Believe it or not I got that one on GSA auctions for 65 bucks. Had to drive to Tucson AZ to get it but my brother lives there so had some fun. Now it just sits waiting. Lol
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #23645
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's the 1/4 ton, right? I've seen lots of 1 ton and 1/2 ton ones, but they're awful big for a TJ!
Unread 03-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #23646
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Yep quarter ton. It was a forest service trailer
Unread 03-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #23647
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
I like andy's idea of a better cage, as a lot of the jeeps in the videos collapse the windshield area. the rest seems ok, but it could cause some serious injuries when that windshield frame collapses. I think i'll be adding that to the upgrade list after the lift is complete. prefab cages arent that expensive, especially when you consider what's at stake!
If I were keeping my Jeep a cage would be tops on my list. You don't build for the ride, you build for the **** up. That being said, 99% of the pre-fab cages out there are crap. You won't see me recommending a cage that bolts to the dash. Those things scare me.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 09:18 PM   #23648
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

I still have to tie my cage in with the frame it's on THE list just haven't got to it.
Unread 03-31-2013, 09:24 PM   #23649
sirhk100

Roughly ride height. Obviously still the stock fenders. The fiberglass ones I have on order are 6" flairs.

Roughly what full bump will likely be.

Also rough... That's 17.5" difference between sides though and the shocks should allow it. This isn't final, the upper shock mounts aren't started but that's next. Was just getting ideas of what it would be capable of.

Both sides at full bump.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 10:55 PM   #23650
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Any pictures of the finished radius arms?

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #23651
sirhk100

I could touch them up a bit more with the welder and grinder to make them to the point where you'd never know they were cut/sliced/extended but honestly, once they're painted... This will be good enough that most people won't notice it and if they do, whatever... They're strong as can be where I lengthened them which you saw yesterday! LOL If they fail, it'll be up at the beams, not the tubes that's for sure! LOL They're 1.75x.120 DOM and have now been sleeved with 1.5"x.120 HREW tubing because I extended them about 2" to tie into the transmission crossmember that was already on it. Honestly, if I'd left them stock and made new hanger mounts I could've gained a bit more bump travel but I'm happy with how it turned out. Anyone that was doubting this whole idea of mine... Picture that suspension above, locked front and rear on 35's and go ahead and explain why it won't crawl just fine? LOL On top of that, it's still "IFS" and with the shock combo I'm running it should carry some speed too when wanted. I pulled the front shocks apart today also, checked the valving just for personal knowledge, did a full inspection and put fresh fluid in them.

Unread 03-31-2013, 11:17 PM   #23652
sirhk100

Andy, go fullsize! LOL White standard cab F150 with TTB 4wd around the corner for sale. Looks fairly clean. They're asking $1350! All stock but maybe a *****in platform! You should buy it and fund it to let me build it how I'd build it if it was mine. LOL Basically go buy it and hand me about $10K and I'll give you a truck in the fall/winter sometime. HAHAHA (actually I'm going to get my *** back in the gym and go use my toys in reality once I'm done with this expo. I need to see if I still remember how to ride let alone race!)

Unread 04-01-2013, 01:27 AM   #23653
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

i know i asked before but lost the PMs i need a 50amp 220v installed in my garage for my welder. the box is on the outside of the garage. i need a short run to the other side of the wall like less then a foot. i got a quote for 150 for 30 amp. since the guy cant quote right i dont want him doing it. let me know if you know someone or give me a list of stuff i need and ill help and supply beer ect.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:45 AM   #23654
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You have open breaker spots? It's not that difficult, BUT you would be messing with live power, and I hate doing that! Lol. You would need a couple of breakers(with bridge) some good solid core 4 wire cable, the box and outlet.
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:49 AM   #23655
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have a one-time, no warranty offer to set up a soda bargun for someone. It includes the Carbonator, pumps(quantity to be determined) tubing, regulator(for co2), bargun, etc. you would need to provide/supply your own syrup and co2. Syrup can be bought at Costco or maybe sams club. Co2 at airgas or the like. I have a setup, or most of it anyway, but don't ever foresee using it, so it's gonna go away. There's well over 2k in equipment and probably another G in install. Anyone interested, or know someone who is? Pm if you do...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.