Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 157 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 12-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #2341
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

From then on, stupid was a competition.

can84725.jpg  
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #2342
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

When it comes to stupid, nobody really wins.
can85734.jpg  
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #2343
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Ok, moving on to a few mines. Here is a huge open collar. Reminds me of Return of the Jedi.
img_5105.jpg  
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #2344
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

What the heck is this? I was thinking it might be a dog, but the neck was really long and that rib cage much larger than I'd expect from a dog. Almost looks like a hyena, but out here? At the bottom of a mine? It still looks juicy, but it's mummified.
p1060038.jpg  
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:54 PM   #2345
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This was really unexpected. I'm used to seeing wooden structures in mines. I've never seen a door on a mine floor or a brick wall. When opened we found this metal ladder. Of course, our curiosity was piqued and we had to head down.
p1050008.jpg  
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:56 PM   #2346
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

First thing we found was water and lots of it. Some of the guys had wading boots with them. I just had my combat boots. Man, that water was cold!
p1060060.jpg  
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:57 PM   #2347
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Looks like flooding was a problem when the mine was being worked. Here is an old water pump still in place.
p1050348.jpg  
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #2348
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Last picture for now. These two didn't want their faces posted, so they get to be sexy bunnies. This has to be the strangest thing I've ever seen underground. It's a moped at the bottom of the mine. We checked every area of that lower section and found no other exits. Even if there was another way in and out, it wouldn't explain why a moped would be down there.
p1010006.jpg  
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #2349
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

That's all for now. I'm so hungry! We'll probably go find another buffet.
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #2350
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

A moped, that's crazy. Maybe it was some prank or joke from back when it was being worked.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:22 PM   #2351
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
Ok, moving on to a few mines. Here is a huge open collar. Reminds me of Return of the Jedi.
Would likely have the same result-slowly digested over a thousand years!
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:37 PM   #2352
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Picked my truck from the dealer after having the transmission replaced. It is soo nice having paid for a warranty that actually covered something. With my truck back I am down to go out again on any runs or activities on the weekends. That way I could meet the mysterious people behind the names.
I'm so mysterious that you might not believe it. In fact, my mysteriousness is so intense it has certain safety and security issues related to it.
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:40 PM   #2353
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
When it comes to stupid, nobody really wins.
Except those of us that are subscribed to this thread.
Unread 12-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #2354
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Last picture for now. These two didn't want their faces posted, so they get to be sexy bunnies. This has to be the strangest thing I've ever seen underground. It's a moped at the bottom of the mine. We checked every area of that lower section and found no other exits. Even if there was another way in and out, it wouldn't explain why a moped would be down there.
Looks like my old moped. It was stolen, and I got a ransom note saying that the larsonists wanted 10 million dollars, or my moped was going into a deep hole. I didn't pay the ransom as I expected them to throw my moped in a hole whether or not I paid.
Unread 12-06-2011, 09:51 PM   #2355
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Movin out the ghetto ain't gonna miss the gunfire. Movin out the ghetto ain't gonna miss the chopper. Sung to the tune of "peaches" by the presidents of the USA!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.