Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1564 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 03-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #23446
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I can't commit 100% right now but if you planned something for Moab in the fall I'd actually be fairly interested myself if you could handle being seen with and possibly having to pull a ford out of trouble here and there. Are you going to be lifted with tires before moab?
From somebody who has been there multiple times, you won't have issues unless you attempt stupid lines.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #23447
sirhk100

Yeah, and honestly, knowing the ride has to drive me home I typically drive different then when there's a trailer available! LOL

I did drive it around the block last night and backed it in the garage to get started on the front end tonight hopefully. I've got 2 more dzus tabs to put on the rear fenders, bumper, bumpstops and I need to replace a shackle bushing. Other then that, the rear is 100% I believe right now. Was amazed that I couldn't even tell there was a detroit in the rear on it!!! Not a single click, bang, or hint of noise going around the block! I know it's in there from spinning the tires manually in the air but man, if it wasn't for that I'd be wondering if they charged me install labor but forgot the install part! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #23448
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post

I wouldn't worry in my experience its been the ford pulling out jeeps. Although I've been having issues lately.
The expeditions are bad ***. I hate for but expeditions are good for being the size that they are.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #23449
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
the expeditions are bad ***. I hate for but expeditions are good for being the size that they are.
dgaf...

Unread 03-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #23450
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

[QUOT=sirhk100;15196657]dgaf...[/QUOTE]

Right, what he said
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #23451
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
dgaf...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Right, what he said
Damn, am I going to have to unblock Hamlet and start pushing his buttons again?

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #23452
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

Yes sir dincain sir
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #23453
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
No reason to, he's just adding absolutely nothing of worth to the conversation. Basically rather then turtles, I guess he likes ford expeditions. Neato huh? Like I said, DGAF...

Hey Marn, remember when you watched me cut the fenders and said that I made it look too easy or something along those lines of me like not being stressed out about trashing a perfectly good body? LOL Well here's how it looked at one point last night... This time I started grinding paint off parts of a perfectly good door and then welded random tabs to it! LOL Oh I also cut the rivets securing the door handle off, pulled the door handles and then cut out a large hole under the handles.

Andy, ended up having to cut the holes for the rod under the door handles higher. Basically split the difference from the top of what's shown there and the bottom of the factory holes where the handles mounted. The rod hit the door panel there and wouldn't work. It's all installed and functions fine though! Pass side looks awesome. Driver side is ehhhh, whatever... Not 100% happy with it but once painted it probably will be fine. The doors open and close and fully function though with the new handles. Just need to swap out door speakers and put the inner panels back on really quick tonight. I also need to add one more dzus to each rear fender to hold them in place forcing the body lines to match better then they do right now.

Other funny thing... I've got the front end up on stands now ready to start the tear down. It sits soooooo low!!!! I look at the white one in the drive and the front end looks MASSIVE compared to red but then when you take a tape measure to frame points and other reference points they're within 1/4" how I have them sitting right now. It's totally an optical illusion. It doesn't really sit very high at all even though it's on 35" tires.

I think actually first thing tonight I'll get the last 2 dzus fasteners on the rear fenders so I can say those are officially done and buttoned up before moving onto the front end tear down.

Unread 03-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #23454
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
No reason to, he's just adding absolutely nothing of worth to the conversation. Basically rather then turtles, I guess he likes ford expeditions. Neato huh? Like I said, DGAF...
That works. At least I won't feel like I am on the verge of getting the ban hammer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Andy, ended up having to cut the holes for the rod under the door handles higher. Basically split the difference from the top of what's shown there and the bottom of the factory holes where the handles mounted. The rod hit the door panel there and wouldn't work. It's all installed and functions fine though! Pass side looks awesome. Driver side is ehhhh, whatever... Not 100% happy with it but once painted it probably will be fine. The doors open and close and fully function though with the new handles. Just need to swap out door speakers and put the inner panels back on really quick tonight. I also need to add one more dzus to each rear fender to hold them in place forcing the body lines to match better then they do right now.
The holes in the doors we should have looked at a little better. I bet we could have gotten away with just drilling a small hole but it works. You going to be adding the dzus fastners in along the door lines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I think actually first thing tonight I'll get the last 2 dzus fasteners on the rear fenders so I can say those are officially done and buttoned up before moving onto the front end tear down.
Depending on how I feel after work, I'll probably come by.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #23455
sirhk100

Yes, along the door lines on the rear fenders though, not the door panels.

I'm not heading straight home today. Need to run a couple errands. Not 100% sure when I'll be home exactly...

Unread 03-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #23456
sirhk100

jeep speed from the mint... Nice pants crapper moment a little after the 13:30 mark!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Lf9G3oJtDkU

Unread 03-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #23457
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes, along the door lines on the rear fenders though, not the door panels.

I'm not heading straight home today. Need to run a couple errands. Not 100% sure when I'll be home exactly...
No problem. Today is a gym day anyway and I typically don't feel like doing much after that.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #23458
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
jeep speed from the mint... Nice pants crapper moment a little after the 13:30 mark!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Lf9G3oJtDkU
That right front got a little high here. Epic fail on not cleaning the camera off before the race. I bet he looked at the film and said "Well dang, lets go do it again"
Unread 03-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #23459
sirhk100

^^^^ That fail isn't as bad as ours... My prerace check list now has "double check to push camera cords into power port!" First race ever in our truck the rear camera got 8+ hours of footage. The front, yeah, about 45 seconds before the battery died! It looked like it was plugged in but it was actually out about1/8" and that was the difference between footage and no footage.

Unread 03-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #23460
sirhk100

Anyone with a '11 and newer Auto JK wanna swing by and let me do an install and take photos? You'll leave with this for free if not some more goodies even depending what else comes up between now and then...

http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/...L.aspx?wid=141

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.