Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1562 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #23416
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
So I have been looking to get my project going. I have a 93 YJ frame. I am looking to get a CJ2a or MB to use the body (stretch the door openings 4-5" to fit my big ***, a 5.3 or 6.0, 4l60e or th350-400, 14 bolt rear, dana 60 front if found cheap or dana 44 3/4 ton, 3 and 4 link with coil overs.
now here is my problem kinda i found a cj3a (looks like cj2a so he might be wrong with the year) 5 hours away for $500 runs and drives but no title. he says he got it on trade and can get a bill of sale from the last guy. Do you guys think it would be worth it to pick that up and hope to be-able to register it here with some sort of abandoned title or something?
take my advice from experience...NEVER eff with a car that has no title. its a royal PITA! my dad's challenger has no title, and we cannot transfer it to me. i cannot register it, cannot get a title for it, and will not drop a penny on it until i can. it sucks. dont do it!

Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #23417
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVDMV
When you buy a vehicle from a private party, be sure to get a signed-off title. You won't be able to register the vehicle without one.
In most cases, the existing owner of record will need to apply for a duplicate if the original is not in his or her possession, but you may apply for the duplicate if the car is titled in Nevada, is older than nine years, and has no liens.
Simply fill out the Application for Duplicate Nevada Certificate of Title and a Bill of Sale and bring it in to your local full-service DMV office.
To complete the Bill of Sale, both the seller and the buyer should sign off in the appropriate section. If you need to keep a copy (because there is no title), complete two forms so you each have an original. The seller should also remove the license plates from the car and keep them.
There is probably another section about classic cars but I didn't search that hard.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #23418
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
take my advice from experience...NEVER eff with a car that has no title. its a royal PITA! my dad's challenger has no title, and we cannot transfer it to me. i cannot register it, cannot get a title for it, and will not drop a penny on it until i can. it sucks. dont do it!
thats what i was thinking but was hoping the older they are the easier it would be. the way it looks this thing hasnt been driven in about 10 years. I also have the option to register it in MN and i have found it to be easier to register something there then here. but still i understand
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #23419
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206

thats what i was thinking but was hoping the older they are the easier it would be. the way it looks this thing hasnt been driven in about 10 years. I also have the option to register it in MN and i have found it to be easier to register something there then here. but still i understand
My dad has owned the challenge since 89, registered since 90, and driven until 02. Let everything expire, an now it's a nightmare. It never had a title. It came from Alabama, an they don't issue titles. They have no record of it, so we've hit a brick wall with DMV. It's a 73, so the older it is , doesn't make it easier. Don't do it, it will just be a freaking nightmare here. Unless you can do a mechanics lien, no title!
Unread 03-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #23420
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yet more video. more to come, but gotta go to work, so maybe tomorrow?
Unread 03-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #23421
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
There is probably another section about classic cars but I didn't search that hard.
this also only applies if the car originally or at one point was titled in nevada. if there never was a nevada title, you're SOL
Unread 03-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #23422
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
this also only applies if the car originally or at one point was titled in nevada. if there never was a nevada title, you're SOL
Hence the part about "last titled in NV" in the quoted section. The case with the Challenger is a little different being that it came from AL. I don't know how I would go about it in that case. However, there is always a way. You may be pulling your hair out doing it but there is a way.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #23423
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

There is almost always a way. If it is stolen of course you will never be able to title it. In most cases it can be done but it is a HUGE PITA. Last titled in NV not a big deal. AZ plan on taking at least 2 trips to an AZ DMV.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #23424
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yq1nckRSRk

Yet more video. more to come, but gotta go to work, so maybe tomorrow?
It was hard work making the camera go blurry and shooting video of my b-pillar
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:34 PM   #23425
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
There is almost always a way. If it is stolen of course you will never be able to title it. In most cases it can be done but it is a HUGE PITA. Last titled in NV not a big deal. AZ plan on taking at least 2 trips to an AZ DMV.
If it was stolen, there may still be a way. It all depends on the insurance company, previous legal owner, and State law.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #23426
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

It was hard work making the camera go blurry and shooting video of my b-pillar
I could tell it was carefully planned! Just giving you a hard time. Was probably my failure to properly set up the video settings in the camera menus.
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #23427
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, my dad is quite frustrated with it. I want him to get it done ASAP, because if something happens to him, it becomes a giant paper weight for me. If I have paperwork on it, at least I could fix it a little at a time and then drive it. I already "bought" it from him, so it's technically mine, but not really until I see a title.
Unread 03-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #23428
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Gee just tell them that you built the car with parts from year one and that it is not original. Then make up a vin and call it a kit car.
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #23429
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Gee just tell them that you built the car with parts from year one and that it is not original. Then make up a vin and call it a kit car.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #23430
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
It's got a vin and it passed the DMV vin inspection. There's no record if it ever existing before we owned it, essentially. I think that's part of the problem. I think I remember hearing that all the original paperwork was lost in a flood or fire at the bank or DMV back east. long story short, it's not really worth it to mess with a car that has no title, unless you know someone that can make one appear for you.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.