Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 156 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #2326
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Air Force F15 E/E troop for 6 years. And LOX is very dangerous, but it does work great when you are not feeling too hot

gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #2327
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I look forward to seeing you guys on the trails and saying hi to those of you that I have met in the past.
Welcome back, Andy. Do you know what side of town you'll be in yet?
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #2328
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Loading up to head south again. Even our friend with the busted up foot is coming. He gets to watch the Jeeps while we're inside. He'll probably be napping with pain meds.

Before I forget, I need a piece of exhaust tubing welded. Who here can do that and what's the charge?

Later, men!
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #2329
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

A/F Crew Chief on c-5 141's and 130's
Was at Travis, 602 oms from 83-86
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:44 AM   #2330
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Doc, I think ur crazy! 4.0 in ur waggy?! What's it got now? I know eights NOT great...on gas, but done right you can have gobs of torque, decent enough mpg, and streetability. I would think the 4.0 would be under powered unless stroked to 4.6 or 4.7, can't remember which it was. Your waggy is awful heavy for the 4.0 isn't it?
A stock amc 360 V8 makes something around 140HP, and about 280 Ft. Lbs, these specs are from a 1991 Grand waggy.

A stock 4.0 makes 180HP and about 240 ft lbs.

The old wagoneers and j trucks and cherokees had the 6cyl as an option, the 4.2, which most likely made less power than a modern fuel injected 4.0 drivetrain.

A 4.0 wouldnt be bad at all, some people make the swap. It'd be pretty cheap considering what you need to put into a 360 to make it break 12 or 13mpg, and thats even tough to acheive without throwing about $1500 in fuel injection onto the thing.....

Big old inefficient engine. Ideally I'd swap in a cummins 4bt, but thats another spendy endeavor. I'll likely just rebuild the 360 sitting in my garage if I ever get the bug, thats the engine that came in my waggy.

Weird thing was that I went and bought another engine because that one was starting to have issues, just to hold me over while I rebuilt the old one. The newer one runs like a charm! Starts up way faster, makes zero noise, and the oil pressure is awesome on it! (55psi @ 65mph, the old one would be about 25psi @ 65mph). The crazy part is that new engine im running is a 1987 and it has like 150,000 miles on it.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #2331
VegasMatt
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Before I forget, I need a piece of exhaust tubing welded. Who here can do that and what's the charge?
Also interested if anyone can do this. I need about 3" of exhaust pipe cut out and a new section welded in.
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #2332
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I can do welding for you guys, and show you how to do it for yourselves. I'm not a pro, but I've done 2 exhausts on my vehicles
Unread 12-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #2333
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I can do welding for you guys, and show you how to do it for yourselves. I'm not a pro, but I've done 2 exhausts on my vehicles
I don't have anything that needs welding, but I am very interested in learning how to do it sometime. I'll need to break something ...
Unread 12-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #2334
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

We can pick a day-I have some scraps to play with that I can show you on. If you have anything laying around bring it and we can play with it too
Unread 12-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #2335
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I have access to a lil wire feed welder...its easyt enough, you just need to be steady and pay attention.

I need more practice though, i attempted to weld on my broken shock mount but it just broke off the next time i hit a pothole.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 06:44 PM   #2336
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Picked my truck from the dealer after having the transmission replaced. It is soo nice having paid for a warranty that actually covered something. With my truck back I am down to go out again on any runs or activities on the weekends. That way I could meet the mysterious people behind the names.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #2337
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

As soon as I get these darn trans solenoid/ sensors in the mail and put in, I'm game.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #2338
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Got a few pictures to share from the past couple of days. Here is Mrs. StupidBunny testing her gear on the kiddie slope.
img_5019.jpg  
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:45 PM   #2339
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This guy was my swim buddy in the Navy. He still lives life balls out. You can't count all of his marriages on a single hand.
can93874.jpg  
Unread 12-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #2340
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Not my brightest moment, free climbing without any safety gear. It didn't look very high when I started. Lots of soft gypsum in that rock face too. I was pulling rocks onto my head on the way up.
img_5131.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.