Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1557 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15Ē/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 03-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #23341
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Does anybody want some starbucks gift cards? I have 10 $100 cards.... $75 each or sexual favors.

In all seriousness that sucks Andy. If you need a couple hundred til payday let me know.

Misspelled and auto corrected on my phone
Thanks Greg. If it comes to that I will let you know and pay you back as soon as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I'd suggest everyone move within the next 5-6 weeks if that's the case!
Well that sounded to me like a terroristic threat. I am now going to have to turn you over to homeland security and confiscate all the vehicles at your house. I will be there in an hour. I suggest you have everything in a drivable state by then.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #23342
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Thanks Greg. If it comes to that I will let you know and pay you back as soon as I can.

Well that sounded to me like a terroristic threat. I am now going to have to turn you over to homeland security and confiscate all the vehicles at your house. I will be there in an hour. I suggest you have everything in a drivable state by then.
Ummmmm, can't happen. No way I can swap fuel pump in the race truck, transfer gas from the 300 over to the 125 so that it'll fire up and get the drive shaft on red bolted up all within an hour. I'll need at least a few hours to knock it all out. You didn't say anything about functioning brakes so I'm sure I could have it ready around lunch time. The 300 doesn't have front brakes and neither expos have brakes right now either so be careful!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #23343
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

Visa Fraud just told me that there are about a million ways to get the info needed for a card. Ever used your card at a restaurant where the waiter/waitress takes the card to scan it? We all have. All it takes is a card reader for them. Ever used an ATM? More and more, they are finding ATMs that have card readers that fit over the card slot. When you insert your card you scan it for the thieves. Have you ever used one of those phone based things? You know the ones that you see on TV all the time that allow a merchant to scan a card anywhere at any time? Those things are pretty bad too. It has become way to easy anymore. All it takes is a smart enough thief and you are broke.
Forgot about the rfid readers. Omg who thought of putting those in credit cards
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #23344
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

not rfid, just the magnetic barcode on your card. They even have small bluetooth ones now that you can connect to your phone. Once you have the info you can write it to another card then use it.

Unread 03-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #23345
SoCalHunter
1980 CJ5 

Just wanted to make a quick intro to the Locals! Been lurking around the forums here for a bit and learning what I can.

I've been suffering from about the longest week in my life. Driving up to Oregon to pick up our rig, and tow it back home. All while squeezing in a bit of a vacation and visiting family. Leaving tonight!

This is my very first Jeep! Not much experience as a DIY'er, so I figure a CJ5 will be a great learning experience!! I won't be shy about asking questions either.

Look forward to hitting the trails! I'm also down with shooting, hunting, camping, scuba diving, knockin back a few, or whatever else might come up!

Here's a pic as she sits now... Way far away...
80-cj5.jpeg  
SoCalHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #23346
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalHunter View Post
Just wanted to make a quick intro to the Locals! Been lurking around the forums here for a bit and learning what I can.

I've been suffering from about the longest week in my life. Driving up to Oregon to pick up our rig, and tow it back home. All while squeezing in a bit of a vacation and visiting family. Leaving tonight!

This is my very first Jeep! Not much experience as a DIY'er, so I figure a CJ5 will be a great learning experience!! I won't be shy about asking questions either.

Look forward to hitting the trails! I'm also down with shooting, hunting, camping, scuba diving, knockin back a few, or whatever else might come up!

Welcome to our corner of the Jeep world! And from what i se your new to you CJ-5 looks really good. Hope to wheel with you soon bud.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #23347
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the forum and to Jeep ownership. Just remember what Jeep Stands for

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Most of the guys here work on their own rigs (can't afford to pay other people to do it) and are very willing to help. Don't be a stranger and have thick skin, it gets fun in here sometimes.
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #23348
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The RFID he's talking about are the ones where you just wave it in front of the pump to pay.

Welcome to the forum, BTW, and nice CJ!
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #23349
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
The RFID he's talking about are the ones where you just wave it in front of the pump to pay.

Welcome to the forum, BTW, and nice CJ!
Yea they actually sell hand held readers that read rfids. they can wave it over your pocket and get everything they need to order stuff. Can also boost it so they could walk by you and get it. That's why they sell the aluminum wallets. The readers waves will just bounce off the aluminum. you can cut out the rfid and the card will still work to swipe. Most cards if you look you will see a little elevated square very hard to see. Don't let people use your jeep money!
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #23350
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalHunter

WHOOOOHOOOoo
Another CJ!!! Welcome and enjoy. If you need any help just scream I've been working on CJs for 15 years or so years. Jeez I'm getting old. Any way welcome

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 03-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #23351
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalHunter

Welcome to the site, the forum, and the area. According to your profile you live in the NW part of the Valley. Where abouts?

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #23352
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

In case anybody was wondering, it is damn near impossible to get Starbucks Customer Service on the phone. I have been on hold for 20 minutes now.

Right after posting this, someone at Starbucks actually answered the phone. They were very interested to hear about it. They took my information, and are researching the purchases. If the gift cards were sent out, they are going to put fraud alerts on them that basically instructs the counter person to call the police. If they haven't been sent out yet, they won't be. They said they have some other avenues that they will take but didn't elaborate on what those were.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #23353
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Speaking of CJ's, I've been doing a lot of work on mine.

Got a new PSC box & pump today. All new lines. Currie 4130 steering links w/new ends. M.O.R.E hd steering box mount and brace.

Installed Superior alloy shafts/joints, and rebuilt the complete hubs all the way out!!

Got a set of 15" Raceline beadlocks (man I haven't dealt with wheels this small in over 10 years)

My Jeep's little brother is coming along!

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #23354
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So yeah, I've walked in your shoes three or four times now, Andy. Pisses me off too. ****ing thieves. Sidenote, I actually caught one person red handed a few years ago. I bought a new cellphone and the young african american lady at the phone store made an imprint of my atm card which I thought was a bit strange. I mean, wouldn't you think a cell phone company would be a little more high-tech? Anyway, a few weeks goes by (2005 or 2006) and I see a $400 charge for airline tickets from Chicago to Las Vegas on my statement. Knowing I did not fly from Chicago to Las Vegas, it dawns on me that I have been a victim of fraud. I call the airlines, bank, etc and I get the date traveled and if I remember right, the address where the tickets were mailed to or something like that. I call LVMPD Fraud sergeant and he tells me there is basically nothing they can do (at that time) because part of the law stipulated someone has to witness the signature for the credit purchase. As we all know, an internet purchase does not require a signature. So, I then deduce from the name the tickets were purchased under, that the purchaser is also an african american female (see how I did that....?) and it immediately registers that the cell phone lady made an imprint of my card. Somehow, I get the cell phone number of said cell phone lady. I drive to the cell phone store on the corner of Craig and Tenaya at the time. I dial her number as I walk into the store. She answers and as I'm standing there inside the store looking at her on her phone, I ask her if she bought a plane ticket from Chicago to here a few weeks back. She looks at me on my phone and I swear I will never forget the look on her face. Priceless! I tell her while still on the phone, that she should go get her supervisor. I then laid the story out to the supervisor. She got fired. It was awesome.

Anyway, let us know if you need some cash to get you through the weekend. Or beer or something. I'm sure the bank will take care of it, but it sucks waiting. Took three weeks the last time it happened to me which was just a few months back. I no longer hand anyone my atm card. Ever. I use cash at restaurants now. A little inconvenient sometimes to remember to go to the atm before date night, but it beats some ****** stealing my money.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #23355
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Speaking of CJ's, I've been doing a lot of work on mine.

Got a new PSC box & pump today. All new lines. Currie 4130 steering links w/new ends. M.O.R.E hd steering box mount and brace.

Installed Superior alloy shafts/joints, and rebuilt the complete hubs all the way out!!

Got a set of 15" Raceline beadlocks (man I haven't dealt with wheels this small in over 10 years)

My Jeep's little brother is coming along!
Sweet man! My next big purchase will be redoing the front axles. My gears are new just want upgrade the axles and hubs. While I'm in there ill do bearing etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.