Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1556 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 03-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #23326
sirhk100

Nope, spent the night getting the rear of the expo on the ground with all new suspension.

Oh, and holy mother of god! When you have time, read and learn from the owner Paul.B and his fabricator spotterguy in this thread! This is outside the box!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=212368

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #23327
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

I wish this guy would text me back i got a big bear to trade him
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3696053463.html
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 12:37 AM   #23328
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

If you pick that up, also buy this; you'd have an awesome trail rig

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3693567114.html

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 02:06 AM   #23329
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What a great night! First, Puck texts me at ****ing midnight... Important? Nope just a picture. Then my phone rings a little bit ago. Visa fraud asking if I have been shopping at Starbucks. Ummm no, I haven't been into a Starbucks in at least a year. Come to find out that someone cloned my card and cleaned me out. Over $1100 gone in minutes. So, I have all of $6.31 in my account, an empty fridge as I was planning on going grocery shopping this weekend, and no more beer. They bought what I assume is nothing but Starbucks gift cards at $100 a pop and two more at $50 and $70 respectively. FML.

Oh and Puck, thanks for the text. Not like I don't have to be at work at 4 AM...

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 03:04 AM   #23330
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
What a great night! First, Puck texts me at ****ing midnight... Important? Nope just a picture. Then my phone rings a little bit ago. Visa fraud asking if I have been shopping at Starbucks. Ummm no, I haven't been into a Starbucks in at least a year. Come to find out that someone cloned my card and cleaned me out. Over $1100 gone in minutes. So, I have all of $6.31 in my account, an empty fridge as I was planning on going grocery shopping this weekend, and no more beer. They bought what I assume is nothing but Starbucks gift cards at $100 a pop and two more at $50 and $70 respectively. FML.

Oh and Puck, thanks for the text. Not like I don't have to be at work at 4 AM...
They gonna give you your money back? I'll help you out even though you don't respect me. First off about 87% of viruses are windows based meaning Mac could download a windows virus and it wouldn't effect it. if you had the best anti virus out there Kaspersky whatever a good hacker can get past that by crypting they're virus. meaning it would be undetected by you AV. They can sent them in so many ways cloned Web sites sent to you by email looking exactly like the real site. Even going to a shady website and a java window pops up saying run java? The virus us masked by the java templet once you hit run its downloading.
Ok best way to avoid getting cc stolen. Turn of computer turn it on it'll be the black screen with white letters. It'll be f4 if I recall its startup menu. It'll say run windows in safe mode? Safe mode with internet? Or normally. Run with safe mode and internet it'll just run the basic things you need a virus wouldn't be running in the background. Id just use it when your ordering stuff though.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 03:06 AM   #23331
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post

They gonna give you your money back? I'll help you out even though you don't respect me. First off about 87% of viruses are windows based meaning Mac could download a windows virus and it wouldn't effect it. if you had the best anti virus out there Kaspersky whatever a good hacker can get past that by crypting they're virus. meaning it would be undetected by you AV. They can sent them in so many ways cloned Web sites sent to you by email looking exactly like the real site. Even going to a shady website and a java window pops up saying run java? The virus us masked by the java templet once you hit run its downloading.
Ok best way to avoid getting cc stolen. Turn of computer turn it on it'll be the black screen with white letters. It'll be f4 if I recall its startup menu. It'll say run windows in safe mode? Safe mode with internet? Or normally. Run with safe mode and internet it'll just run the basic things you need a virus wouldn't be running in the background. Id just use it when your ordering stuff though.
Sorry went a little in depth. just wanted to educate and help people if anyone has computer problems they can pm me. try to help best I can
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 04:48 AM   #23332
Williamlv282
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
It's not really recommended to run in Safe Mode for anything other than repair or diagnostic purposes. Plus they could have cloned the magnetic strip from the card in person, it doesn't necessarily mean it happened over the internet.

Sucks. My dad had his cards stolen and the criminals bought $10k worth of gold. They ended up selling it all at pawn shops and on the street but he did get his money back eventually.
Williamlv282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #23333
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

Sorry Andy. I wont do that again.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #23334
sirhk100

Well it goes down so hopefully it'll also go up...

http://s67.photobucket.com/user/sirh...9a954.mp4.html

And it's on it's own weight...

The shock setup on this is FAR FAR FAR from optimal and if I was really setting it up for going fast this would be completely 100% different. It might actually change down the road but I'm racing against the summer heat to have this entire thing built and back as my DD so quick and easy it is. The whole setup bolts in and easily removable down the road. Keeping the interior 100% stock is priority so between that and the time constraints this is it for now. I owned another years ago with far less shock potentially that still did decent even with this same setup so these shocks should work even better I'd hope at least! LOL

See it in person, these shock tabs are not finished and obviously just tacked in place at this point. They have a plate boxing them in and then a shark fin type gusset along the top too.

Unread 03-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #23335
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlv282

It's not really recommended to run in Safe Mode for anything other than repair or diagnostic purposes. Plus they could have cloned the magnetic strip from the card in person, it doesn't necessarily mean it happened over the internet.

Sucks. My dad had his cards stolen and the criminals bought $10k worth of gold. They ended up selling it all at pawn shops and on the street but he did get his money back eventually.
Visa Fraud just told me that there are about a million ways to get the info needed for a card. Ever used your card at a restaurant where the waiter/waitress takes the card to scan it? We all have. All it takes is a card reader for them. Ever used an ATM? More and more, they are finding ATMs that have card readers that fit over the card slot. When you insert your card you scan it for the thieves. Have you ever used one of those phone based things? You know the ones that you see on TV all the time that allow a merchant to scan a card anywhere at any time? Those things are pretty bad too. It has become way to easy anymore. All it takes is a smart enough thief and you are broke.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #23336
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

I had the same thing happen to me but with a rebel gas station on the east side. They bought 10 $50 cards. I was refunded within a week.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #23337
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Does anybody want some starbucks gift cards? I have 10 $100 cards.... $75 each or sexual favors.

In all seriousness that sucks Andy. If you need a couple hundred til payday let me know.

Misspelled and auto corrected on my phone
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #23338
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

The shock setup on this is FAR FAR FAR from optimal and if I was really setting it up for going fast this would be completely 100% different. It might actually change down the road but I'm racing against the summer heat to have this entire thing built and back as my DD so quick and easy it is. The whole setup bolts in and easily removable down the road. Keeping the interior 100% stock is priority so between that and the time constraints this is it for now. I owned another years ago with far less shock potentially that still did decent even with this same setup so these shocks should work even better I'd hope at least! LOL
That shock setup will never work. The first time you drive it, the rear end is going to buck when it hits a pebble in the road. Because of all the dirt on the road it is going to keep bucking until you either go end over end or slam into a bus full of nuns. The fire engulfed bus will hit a homeless shelter, an orphanage school, and an animal center. Killing everyone and everything inside each. The resulting embers from the fire will be pushed out into the open desert by the wind where it will catch before surrounding Las Vegas. With no way in and no way out the Valley will be completely wiped out. Don't wipe out the Valley.

You must now build a canti setup.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #23339
sirhk100

I'd suggest everyone move within the next 5-6 weeks if that's the case!

Unread 03-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #23340
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
I had the same thing happen to me but with a rebel gas station on the east side. They bought 10 $50 cards. I was refunded within a week.
They told me that once the charges go through it won't be long until I get the money back. Freaking sucks to have it happen though.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.