Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1555 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #23311
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Did you see that top gear where Adam used a crock pot? Is that what is bringing this all on?
Nope, can't say I have seen it... I'm not a horrible cook but I'm also not awesome either but I do find you can shove just about anything in a crockpot and it comes out great somehow and this would take camping meals to a whole different area! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #23312
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
The one on lake mead parkway? That place is old school and awesome! I live at 215 and Gibson so I frequent that place.
I dont know, i know there is a cart that is at that carwash some times that you were jsut at.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #23313
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Hey Marn, What types of vine plants/trees do good in this climate. I want something that will gross across my back wall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Jasmine! It grows like weeds and is very fragrant when blooming! I've got four of them an in the summer, I go and route them daily! They can grow around 1/2-1" a day! They survived the summer last year very well, and the winter. Jut don't add nitrogen fertilizer, they'll burn. Use ironite.
Thanks marn!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 03-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #23314
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Jasmine is good, but growing like a weed may be a bit of an overstatement.

We're talking star jasmine, carolina jasmine is a bit more sensitive, as is chinese jasmine. Star jasmine will burn if exposed to extreme afternoon sun, but its normally pretty hardy.

Trumpet vine is good but it's deciduous.

Pyracantha if you dont mind crazy-*** thorns. Has pretty red berries.

If you want something that'll grow like a weed, try cats claw, but again, wont take the 100% sun.

I have some lilac vine that crew crazy fast, but it wont take full sun and it needs wrapped or protected from freezes, it'll die back.

If you want something "vine like" but more of a shrub, go with Orange Jubilee, it grows super fast, and has beautiful flowers. It'll lose its leaves and die back in the winter, but they get HUGE FAST and you can plant them right against a wall.

Lets try this, i need more info. What is the wall exposure? do you want something self clinging (less work, but more maintenance) or something you need to train on wires or trellis?

Quote:

Unread 03-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #23315
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Jasmine is good, but growing like a weed may be a bit of an overstatement.

We're talking star jasmine, carolina jasmine is a bit more sensitive, as is chinese jasmine. Star jasmine will burn if exposed to extreme afternoon sun, but its normally pretty hardy.

Trumpet vine is good but it's deciduous.

Pyracantha if you dont mind crazy-*** thorns. Has pretty red berries.

If you want something that'll grow like a weed, try cats claw, but again, wont take the 100% sun.

I have some lilac vine that crew crazy fast, but it wont take full sun and it needs wrapped or protected from freezes, it'll die back.

If you want something "vine like" but more of a shrub, go with Orange Jubilee, it grows super fast, and has beautiful flowers. It'll lose its leaves and die back in the winter, but they get HUGE FAST and you can plant them right against a wall.

Lets try this, i need more info. What is the wall exposure? do you want something self clinging (less work, but more maintenance) or something you need to train on wires or trellis?
Good God your a plant guru. Also resides in the middle of a desert! I seen this flower or weed unno it was a star shape but the points are rounded and the middle of it is a circle cut out you can see inside of it there spikes in it! Its also red wtf is it !!!
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #23316
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I want something for the rear corners of my yard. Brick walls meeting at 90deg with pretty much direct sunlight during the summer throughout the hottest parts of the day.
Unread 03-21-2013, 04:15 PM   #23317
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

Nope, can't say I have seen it... I'm not a horrible cook but I'm also not awesome either but I do find you can shove just about anything in a crockpot and it comes out great somehow and this would take camping meals to a whole different area! LOL
They used to have meals in a bag that was made to shove in the crock pot and cook. Haven't seen them in awhile but chicken and dumpling was delicious.
Unread 03-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #23318
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just saw a nice a6 audi with a ski mammoth plate frame... But it had a black guy driving...do you think that it is stolen?

Misspelled and auto corrected on my phone
Unread 03-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #23319
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I just saw a nice a6 audi with a ski mammoth plate frame... But it had a black guy driving...do you think that it is stolen?

You racist of course it was stolen.
Unread 03-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #23320
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I see plenty of black people in nice cars, but I can count on one hand how many that I have seen out on the slopes

Unread 03-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #23321
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
I see plenty of black people in nice cars, but I can count on one hand how many that I have seen out on the slopes

I don't see many in the evening hours lol
Unread 03-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #23322
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry to step on your toes, marn! I have the star jasmine, and they are partially shaded during the hottest part of the day, but they're at the mirage pool and they have gone nuts in direct, all day sun. I burned one by giving it nitrogen fertilizer, but it made it through it. Ironite works great with mine. They often grow around an inch a day in my yard, sometimes more. I have mine growing on trellises, and have been training them often.
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #23323
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Are you at Fremont Kris?

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #23324
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
Are you at Fremont Kris?

Posted from outer space.
My wife and I are headed down.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #23325
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

There's some nice rigs down here

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.