Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1545 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing our NEW JK tail light adapter wiring harness!!

Reply
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #23161
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,292
The extra compressor could be run while driving(if the control didn't have to be hooked up) allowing one to use both compressors to fill the OBA tank and the warn tank so tires could be aired up faster. It would just be a dual compressor setup to provide more volume. Creature comfort that wouldn't work because of product limitations, and cost!
Mindset wasn't directed at you or that law on particular!!!! It was directed at society as a mass.

__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #23162
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,360
Andy what all parts do you need for your Jeep? I have access to a lot of TJ/LJ take off parts. Send me a PM
__________________
'05 LSJ
www.4lowparts.com
Garza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #23163
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,292
What wrong with arb lockers? I've never heard anything bad about them. Been around longer than most people on this forum. What's the preferred selectable locker without hubs?
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #23164
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
What wrong with arb lockers? I've never heard anything bad about them. Been around longer than most people on this forum. What's the preferred selectable locker without hubs?
Nothing wrong with ARB's best selectable locker period. IMO stock Rubi lockers are junk and I've replaced several with ARB's. people get all wrapped up in that limited slip when disengaged crap. i've installed at least 8 ARB's in my personal vehicles over the last 15 years and never had a single problem with one. Also my opinion is that an ARB in the rear and full locker Detroit/Grizzly in the front of any DD/trail rig is ideal.....contrary to internet lore you wont notice it up there even without selectable hubs.......matter of fact, I'm possibly removing the ARB in my TruHi9 3rd up front for a Grizzly next time I have to pull the 3rd......not because anything is wrong with it, but simply because there is no need for a selectable up front.
__________________
'05 LSJ
www.4lowparts.com
Garza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #23165
Puck81
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 1,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post

Nothing wrong with ARB's best selectable locker period. IMO stock Rubi lockers are junk and I've replaced several with ARB's. people get all wrapped up in that limited slip when disengaged crap. i've installed at least 8 ARB's in my personal vehicles over the last 15 years and never had a single problem with one. Also my opinion is that an ARB in the rear and full locker Detroit/Grizzly in the front of any DD/trail rig is ideal.....contrary to internet lore you wont notice it up there even without selectable hubs.......matter of fact, I'm possibly removing the ARB in my TruHi9 3rd up front for a Grizzly next time I have to pull the 3rd......not because anything is wrong with it, but simply because there is no need for a selectable up front.
I have piddly Spartans front and rear.not a big deal with an auto locker in front at all, just a tad noisy but livable.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 01:07 AM   #23166
Puck81
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 1,986
Sorry Andy i was wrong, JK Rubicons have the electric locker, my bad. I need to do my reserch before i flap my gums next time.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #23167
xrunndonex
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: coffeyville, Kansas
Posts: 1,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

Why couldn't you use it with lockers? Is it an air source? Would you rather have one compressor running your lockers and another filling your tires or one that could do it all? To me, it is as useless as tits on a bull. (ask Kansas if you don't get the reference)
Haha that's almost as useless as a DVD rewinder. ones gonna hurt you alot more though.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 02:51 AM   #23168
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
See if you can come up with factory correct charge numbers. It will be in ounces. Then pick up said volume of refrigerant from auto parts store. I'll get the gauges and pump when I get a chance, and either you can swing by, or I'll come over. Cannot promise it will work, but it may. Does the compressor cycle correctly? Does it blow cold at all? Blow hotter than ambient? Electric Condenser/radiator fan running?

Doesnt work at all. I thought it was low so picked up a can and when i hooked it up the low was in the red. Im thinking the orifice tube could be blocked, i guess its a common problem with this system. Compressor isnt turning on because of the high pressure on low side. I havent put 12 volts to the compressor yet to see if the clutch kicks in. I really havent messed with it once i seen the high pressure.
Like i said it worked fine last year go to use it now and its not working.
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #23169
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Sorry Andy i was wrong, JK Rubicons have the electric locker, my bad. I need to do my reserch before i flap my gums next time.

Sent from my Imagination
Early TJ's had air lockers. All of the JK's have electric.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #23170
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
What wrong with arb lockers? I've never heard anything bad about them. Been around longer than most people on this forum. What's the preferred selectable locker without hubs?
I agree with Garza when it comes to this. There is nothing wrong with ARB's. I won't go as far to say that they are the best but they are damn good and a top choice. I personally like Ox Lockers but I do recognize that they have their short falls. Just like I recognize that ARB's have their short falls. I prefer the Ox over the ARB because if an ARB fails, you are stuck unlocked. If an Ox fails, you can lock it up manually. The biggest downside to the Ox that I have found is the oversized diff cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Early TJ's had air lockers. All of the JK's have electric.
All TJ Rubis had air lockers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #23171
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,292
But chances are, if your locker fails, re-engaging it is going to be the least of your issues/worries....
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #23172
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
But chances are, if your locker fails, re-engaging it is going to be the least of your issues/worries....
Depends on where you are when it fails. On my last Jeep, I had the locker fail halfway through Golden Spike in Moab. You can't go back and you can't go forward without one. I was either winching out or manually locking up my locker. I chose the latter. Easy peasy. Thread a bolt into the cover pushing on the actuator and I was locked again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #23173
dmgiff
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: las vegas
Posts: 909
Garza to the white courtesy phone please, Garza to the white courtesy phone.... after some miles on your Falken Wildpeaks, are you still happy with them? I'm thinking of procuring a set for my sweet ride.
dmgiff is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #23174
xrunndonex
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: coffeyville, Kansas
Posts: 1,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

Depends on where you are when it fails. On my last Jeep, I had the locker fail halfway through Golden Spike in Moab. You can't go back and you can't go forward without one. I was either winching out or manually locking up my locker. I chose the latter. Easy peasy. Thread a bolt into the cover pushing on the actuator and I was locked again.
did you see the crown vic lol
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #23175
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
Garza to the white courtesy phone please, Garza to the white courtesy phone.... after some miles on your Falken Wildpeaks, are you still happy with them? I'm thinking of procuring a set for my sweet ride.
Yep, they work great. Super quiet and well mannered on the street. I run them at 7psi on the trail and haven't not made any obstacle I have tried because of the tires. I've been very impressed with how tough they are. My only gripe is that they run small. Just for comparison I recently mounted a brand new set of 35" MTR's and at 25 psi they measure 34.5", my new 37" Falken spare at 25psi (both 17" wheels) is exactly 35.5".....my new 37" MTR is 36.6" ......I may have a new set of 37"-39" Red Label (sticky) Krawlers on the way so I can try those too lol
__________________
'05 LSJ
www.4lowparts.com
Garza is online now   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.