Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1544 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 03-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #23146
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Will do. Working like crazy OT, and jeeping sunday, but I'll let you know. It's r134 system, yeah? Not too old?
Yeah 2000 silverado

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #23147
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

See if you can come up with factory correct charge numbers. It will be in ounces. Then pick up said volume of refrigerant from auto parts store. I'll get the gauges and pump when I get a chance, and either you can swing by, or I'll come over. Cannot promise it will work, but it may. Does the compressor cycle correctly? Does it blow cold at all? Blow hotter than ambient? Electric Condenser/radiator fan running?
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #23148
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Why would anyone want a compressor that is even slower than an ARB compressor, can't be used without the winch controller plugged in (unless Warn fixed that), can't be run while the winch is being used? While I applaud the multi-role idea, this one just doesn't do it for me.
Please call me crazy and let me know in what situation you would want to winch and use an air compressor?

Power how much would you want for the m8000?
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #23149
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
It's the mindset, not necessarily with that law, but in general. "It doesn't apply to me, so no big deal" type of attitude.
The mindset? Have you not read anything I have written? I am against 99.9% of all gun control. I think the 1986 ban should be overturned. I think that the NFA should be abolished. I think that the BATF&E should be a convenience store and not a Government agency. The fact remains that providing a firearm to felon should be a felony. Consider that my Uncle Wes is sitting in prison for a myriad of convictions ranging from illegal use of a police network computer, funneling police information to a known drug dealer, transporting illicit drugs during the commission of his duties, taking bribes, and providing a known felon with a firearm. Out of those, the only one that isn't a felony conviction is the later. Should it be? As it sits, my Uncle Wes has basically been dis-communicated from the family. The decision has been made that when/if he gets out of prison he nor his wife (also a felon) won't be allowed in any of my families houses. Why? Because doing so would allow a felon to come into contact with a firearm. We don't get rid of the firearm for the person, we get rid of the person for the firearm. I vehemently disagree that this is a mindset leading to the erosion of rights. This is something that in my mind, should have been a felony in the first place.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:18 AM   #23150
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

Please call me crazy and let me know in what situation you would want to winch and use an air compressor?

Power how much would you want for the m8000?
Air lockers while winching?

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:21 AM   #23151
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Oh, wow. I totally read that as 8" and thought it meant 4" per side. Thanks for reading what I fail to! The search shall continue!

Side note: I pick up the sway bar from Chrisnvegas on Thursday. Hope it works. Either way, I'll probably be on Nellis this Saturday pressing in bushings. Hopefully I'll have time to swap the control arms as well.
Didn't the hobby shop on nellis shut down?
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #23152
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Who has an ARB?

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #23153
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj

Didn't the hobby shop on nellis shut down?
I don't know... Did it?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:30 AM   #23154
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Who has an ARB?

Sent from my Imagination
A lot of people (that I don't know or don't admit to knowing) have ARB's. the TJ Rubi has air lockers as well. I could be wrong but wasn't Powr looking for a set of Rubi axles? Would it be easier/better to use a singular air source rather than having two or three compressors to run all of your air needs?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #23155
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:

Who has an ARB?

Sent from my Imagination
I do
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #23156
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

I don't know... Did it?
I thought I heard it shut down no money but don't quote me
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:42 AM   #23157
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

I did not think that it was designed to be used with lockers. mostly for air tools and filling tires. I am sure that the cfm rating is so low that it could not run very much. I personally don't have $1500 for a winch

Misspelled and auto corrected on my phone
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:43 AM   #23158
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

A lot of people (that I don't know or don't admit to knowing) have ARB's. the TJ Rubi has air lockers as well. I could be wrong but wasn't Powr looking for a set of Rubi axles? Would it be easier/better to use a singular air source rather than having two or three compressors to run all of your air needs?
It's my understanding that TJ Rubicons have an electric locker that when unlocked act as a limitedslip.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #23159
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

I did not think that it was designed to be used with lockers. mostly for air tools and filling tires. I am sure that the cfm rating is so low that it could not run very much. I personally don't have $1500 for a winch

Misspelled and auto corrected on my phone
Why couldn't you use it with lockers? Is it an air source? Would you rather have one compressor running your lockers and another filling your tires or one that could do it all? To me, it is as useless as tits on a bull. (ask Kansas if you don't get the reference)

Quote:

It's my understanding that TJ Rubicons have an electric locker that when unlocked act as a limitedslip.

Sent from my Imagination
It is my understanding that TJ Rubicons have air lockers that lock with 5 psi and that the compressors are located on the transfer case skid. Course those compressors under my Jeep could just be there for ballast?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #23160
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj

I thought I heard it shut down no money but don't quote me
I just looked it up. You are correct. Guess I need to figure out another plan.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.