Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1543 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #23131
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Single dad here... no time when the kids are awake and here. I can only visit at work or once they go to bed. I am still debating if I want to spend the coin to get a winch while warn is doing this mail in rebate or not.
Do it! Get the power plant and use it to air up/down tires for baby comfort! If I could get a decent chunk for my 8k warn, I'd apply it toward a power plant! Use my current on board air tank in tandem with it, and install my air horns(finally) and save the wear on the compressors, and/or fill up faster!

Unread 03-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #23132
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Chuck Norris shaved his beard. I wonder how strong that blade had to be
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Wolverine's claws!
Marty McFly went back in time and beat up Chuck Norris' father making it impossible for Chuck Norris to grow facial hair. Only possible explanation.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #23133
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

but that shouldn't matter to those of us that don't break laws.
This thinking is a slippery slope that allows us to lose liberties slowly over long lengths of time! What if I'm buying my dad a 1911 for Christmas or his bday? Does that law apply to that? Hopefully the ammo run slows down and the prices go back to normal on mags!
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #23134
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Marty McFly went back in time and beat up Chuck Norris' father making it impossible for Chuck Norris to grow facial hair. Only possible explanation.
Wolverine could take him...wolverine of the weapon-x series of back in the day, not x-men movies wolverine! The weapon x wolverine held his own guys in place for healing after a run in with sabretooth! That's how a REAL man does it! Lol
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #23135
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Wolverine could take him...wolverine of the weapon-x series of back in the day, not x-men movies wolverine! The weapon x wolverine held his own GUTS in place for healing after a run in with sabretooth! That's how a REAL man does it! Lol
Fixed it!
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #23136
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Do it! Get the power plant and use it to air up/down tires for baby comfort! If I could get a decent chunk for my 8k warn, I'd apply it toward a power plant! Use my current on board air tank in tandem with it, and install my air horns(finally) and save the wear on the compressors, and/or fill up faster!
Why would anyone want a compressor that is even slower than an ARB compressor, can't be used without the winch controller plugged in (unless Warn fixed that), can't be run while the winch is being used? While I applaud the multi-role idea, this one just doesn't do it for me.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #23137
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Didn't realize it sucked that bad! NM!
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #23138
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

This thinking is a slippery slope that allows us to lose liberties slowly over long lengths of time! What if I'm buying my dad a 1911 for Christmas or his bday? Does that law apply to that? Hopefully the ammo run slows down and the prices go back to normal on mags!
Not a slippery slope at all. All this bill does is make the punishment more severe for something that is already against the law. It doesn't change anything else. It doesn't re-define a straw purchase. It doesn't make it illegal to gift a firearm to someone who can legally own one. It just makes it a felony instead of a misdemeanor to buy a firearm for for someone who can't own one and defines minimum and maximum fines and jail stays. How exactly is that eroding a freedom?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #23139
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Anyone know a good place in the SW that REPAIRS ac? My girls 2000 silverado has high pressure on the low side. It worked fine last year now not at all. Im hoping a evac will free up any debris in the system (i guess a common thing with these) the last place i brought my civic to was just a replace everything in the system, i want someone that trouble shoots
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:25 PM   #23140
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
8" perside???? Mega wide!!! You don't want that one for that price in my opinion. There's a better deal coming, get your jeep gone and some cash in your hand so you're ready when a real one pops up!

On another note, pass side is patched up. Shock mounts are started. If I can get the upper tabs plasma cut tomorrow I should be able to finish the shock mounts and possibly start assembling the rear end for reals. If plasma comes thru I'd expect the rear to be back on the ground thursday night for sure!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #23141
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's the mindset, not necessarily with that law, but in general. "It doesn't apply to me, so no big deal" type of attitude.
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #23142
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Anyone know a good place in the SW that REPAIRS ac? My girls 2000 silverado has high pressure on the low side. It worked fine last year now not at all. Im hoping a evac will free up any debris in the system (i guess a common thing with these) the last place i brought my civic to was just a replace everything in the system, i want someone that trouble shoots
I have access to a vacuum pump of you wanna evac and recharge?
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #23143
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I have access to a vacuum pump of you wanna evac and recharge?
Yeah? That would be cool let me know a good time
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #23144
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Will do. Working like crazy OT, and jeeping sunday, but I'll let you know. It's r134 system, yeah? Not too old?
Unread 03-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #23145
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

8" perside???? Mega wide!!! You don't want that one for that price in my opinion. There's a better deal coming, get your jeep gone and some cash in your hand so you're ready when a real one pops up!
Oh, wow. I totally read that as 8" and thought it meant 4" per side. Thanks for reading what I fail to! The search shall continue!

Side note: I pick up the sway bar from Chrisnvegas on Thursday. Hope it works. Either way, I'll probably be on Nellis this Saturday pressing in bushings. Hopefully I'll have time to swap the control arms as well.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.