Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1535 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Reply
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #23011
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
haha, has Andy been over there with the tdi passing on the word.
He has been but it has nothing to do with it. If I go that route I'll likely pickup like a late 80's/early 90's honda Civic or CRX HF and laugh at andy's mileage with my ricer car!

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #23012
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I had Criss Angel piss in my gas tank...
He did that to you too. He was just over at my house a few days back. That guy is so good that he had the garbage man come on a holiday.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #23013
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Is it blowing a fuse or just not feeding?
Arcing and smoking from just past the drive rollers basically right where the wire feeds into the whip. I can pull the trigger with no wire and it's good. I can pull the whip out, feed the wire thru and pull the trigger while holding the wire so that it's just feeding out the front of the machine into the air and it's fine. I can actually take just the liner itself pulled out of the whip, fish some wire into it and hold it physically in place by hand and it feeds just fine. As soon as I put the whip back into the face though it gets all angry. I think the liner is grounding out to the whip or the machine basically. My guess is the little o-ring that insulates it is just wore and crushing to the point that the liner is actually contacting the whip.


In all honesty, I'm probably due for a new welder anyways and have the cash, I'm just not really in the mood to buy one though! LOL If I do buy, I want to look at picking up like a Miller 210. Ain't gonna happen unless this one is actually toast which I'm sure it's not...
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #23014
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
So I think that I am going to do my first uber gay thing on Friday. Gonna go watch a movie by myself. I wonder if I can finish off a whole thing of popcorn by myself.
That is not uber gay. I do that all the time!

I have found that as an adult male, you should not go see Disney movies by yourself.

I have actually met a couple of different chicks at the movies. The hard part is keeping them in their seats and quiet. I suggest duct tape. It works better than packing tape and if you leave fast enough they don't get loose until you are gone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #23015
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
He did that to you too. He was just over at my house a few days back. That guy is so good that he had the garbage man come on a holiday.
My friend served him at Chili's a few weeks back, she said he tipped pretty good. Like $25 on a $60 bill or something.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #23016
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
He has been but it has nothing to do with it. If I go that route I'll likely pickup like a late 80's/early 90's honda Civic or CRX HF and laugh at andy's mileage with my ricer car!
The killer mpg's honestly came form the mk3 golf/Jetta tdi's. With the smaller body and the lack of smog stuff it was easy to get a consistent 55mpg. The mk4 platform did good but they started incorporating more smog stuff. The mk5 dropped big time due to the increased smog stuff, but the with the mk6 they fixed some of the down falls with the particulate filter (catalytic filter smog type thingy on the exhaust). Rumor has it with the mk6 if you take the particulate filter off you can get 60mpg.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #23017
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I have actually met a couple of different chicks at the movies. The hard part is keeping them in their seats and quiet. I suggest duct tape. It works better than packing tape and if you leave fast enough they don't get loose until you are gone.
I have a chick coming over tonight bringing me chinese for dinner and to use my spa. I'm still hoping to get the welder working and if it does I'm gonna knock out that whole pass side fender too before she comes over! LOL The expo has priority over tonight's plans! If the welder doesn't work then I'll just drown my sorrows between her chest in the spa...
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #23018
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Arcing and smoking from just past the drive rollers basically right where the wire feeds into the whip. I can pull the trigger with no wire and it's good. I can pull the whip out, feed the wire thru and pull the trigger while holding the wire so that it's just feeding out the front of the machine into the air and it's fine. I can actually take just the liner itself pulled out of the whip, fish some wire into it and hold it physically in place by hand and it feeds just fine. As soon as I put the whip back into the face though it gets all angry. I think the liner is grounding out to the whip or the machine basically. My guess is the little o-ring that insulates it is just wore and crushing to the point that the liner is actually contacting the whip.


In all honesty, I'm probably due for a new welder anyways and have the cash, I'm just not really in the mood to buy one though! LOL If I do buy, I want to look at picking up like a Miller 210. Ain't gonna happen unless this one is actually toast which I'm sure it's not...
have you tried ohming anything out?
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #23019
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
The killer mpg's honestly came form the mk3 golf/Jetta tdi's. With the smaller body and the lack of smog stuff it was easy to get a consistent 55mpg. The mk4 platform did good but they started incorporating more smog stuff. The mk5 dropped big time due to the increased smog stuff, but the with the mk6 they fixed some of the down falls with the particulate filter (catalytic filter smog type thingy on the exhaust). Rumor has it with the mk6 if you take the particulate filter off you can get 60mpg.
Yes, but for $1000-1500 I can go ricer and when something breaks I just throw it in the gutter and go buy another.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #23020
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I have a chick coming over tonight bringing me chinese for dinner and to use my spa. I'm still hoping to get the welder working and if it does I'm gonna knock out that whole pass side fender too before she comes over! LOL The expo has priority over tonight's plans! If the welder doesn't work then I'll just drown my sorrows between her chest in the spa...
jelly fish!!
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #23021
PhotoJared
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

The killer mpg's honestly came form the mk3 golf/Jetta tdi's. With the smaller body and the lack of smog stuff it was easy to get a consistent 55mpg. The mk4 platform did good but they started incorporating more smog stuff. The mk5 dropped big time due to the increased smog stuff, but the with the mk6 they fixed some of the down falls with the particulate filter (catalytic filter smog type thingy on the exhaust). Rumor has it with the mk6 if you take the particulate filter off you can get 60mpg.
I will be looking for a tdi once Yhaira's company moves downtown...

Posted from outer space.
__________________
'99 XJ Sport
RE 3.5"
31s
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #23022
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
have you tried ohming anything out?
No, that would make too much sense! I'm just tossing parts at it like a normal person! LOL Where were you yesterday when Puck, Marn, Andy, Andy's friend and some random Canadian were over! Nobody else threw out that idea!
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #23023
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I have a chick coming over tonight bringing me chinese for dinner and to use my spa. I'm still hoping to get the welder working and if it does I'm gonna knock out that whole pass side fender too before she comes over! LOL The expo has priority over tonight's plans! If the welder doesn't work then I'll just drown my sorrows between her chest in the spa...
If the welder works, give me a call! I'd be happy to drown my sorrows in your absence.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #23024
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
I will be looking for a tdi once Yhaira's company moves downtown...

Posted from outer space.


I liked both of the ones that we had.

Check out tdiclub.com they have a lot of good info on there. Just like any used car that you buy there are a few areas that you want to look at.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #23025
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
The killer mpg's honestly came form the mk3 golf/Jetta tdi's. With the smaller body and the lack of smog stuff it was easy to get a consistent 55mpg. The mk4 platform did good but they started incorporating more smog stuff. The mk5 dropped big time due to the increased smog stuff, but the with the mk6 they fixed some of the down falls with the particulate filter (catalytic filter smog type thingy on the exhaust). Rumor has it with the mk6 if you take the particulate filter off you can get 60mpg.
The particulate filter occasionally drives me nuts. When it starts doing its thing you can feel it. Feels like a damn misfire. Then all of the sudden the backpressure opens back up and it goes like a raped ape (or so I am told because I have no idea how fast a raped ape is.) It doesn't bother me if it does its thing on the highway but when driving around town...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.