Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1534 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Reply
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #22996
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Anyone with a Jeep TJ gonna be in the henderson automall area today or any days this week basically during the day like between 7am-4pm that would be willing to let me pop the hood and look under it for a minute? I just need to peak at it for a little bit, not doing anything, just looking... I may run over to the dealer and see if they maybe have any TJ trade in's on the lot even.
I was just by Findlay Cadillac and there is a yellow tj on the lot.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #22997
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,461
Yeah, I saw that one on the way in this morning too. I've never stepped foot on the Cadi dealer. Think they'll let me just randomly pop the hood to look around without giving me grief? I've got a couple contacts at the jeep dealer so I'm able to screw around a bit without getting bothered.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #22998
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,862
Just pretend like you are going to buy it and are very particular. Then tell them to F off. Unless they are decent to you.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #22999
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,619
and if they are decent just buy it!!
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #23000
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,461
LOL, they'd have to virtually give it to me to add another vehicle that's not capable of towing and not capable of 30+ mpg to my driveway collection! My next purchase will involve meeting one of those two needs. And even if they did give it to me, I'd likely just sell it and then go buy one or both of the vehicles to meet the needs in the previous sentence.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #23001
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
LOL, they'd have to virtually give it to me to add another vehicle that's not capable of towing and not capable of 30+ mpg to my driveway collection! My next purchase will involve meeting one of those two needs. And even if they did give it to me, I'd likely just sell it and then go buy one or both of the vehicles to meet the needs in the previous sentence.
haha, has Andy been over there with the tdi passing on the word.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #23002
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,728
Khris, how did the drive rolls look on your welder? Lincoln site says that the drive rolls can wear out causing the wire to touch the guide tube. I am not sure if that is the problem you are having or not but if the guide tube is grounded I could see a problem there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #23003
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
haha, has Andy been over there with the tdi passing on the word.
Filled up this morning. 42.9 MPG with a combination of city/highway!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 03:13 PM   #23004
xrunndonex
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: coffeyville, Kansas
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

Filled up this morning. 42.9 MPG with a combination of city/highway!
With the jeep wha wha what?! Have to be running hydrogen with gas, or witchcraft.
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #23005
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Filled up this morning. 42.9 MPG with a combination of city/highway!
Sweet, I miss getting that kind of mpg. Glad that you are still liking it.


I still have yet to do a full tank in the Jeep without hitting a trail. The only non trail tanks were going to Colorado. But that trip had a roof rack and the Jeep only had 1500 miles on it. My last tank with Mormon Wells rd on it and pretty much all local driving was right at 16mpg... and oddly enough the computer actually read the same thing.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #23006
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
With the jeep wha wha what?! Have to be running hydrogen with gas, or witchcraft.
Most people here do have more than one car... I used to.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #23007
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Khris, how did the drive rolls look on your welder? Lincoln site says that the drive rolls can wear out causing the wire to touch the guide tube. I am not sure if that is the problem you are having or not but if the guide tube is grounded I could see a problem there.
They're less then 6 months old as I replaced them late summer/early fall. The ones I replaced at that time though looked identical and were about 7-8 years old. I do need to wipe them down. I picked up a new liner so gonna try that tonight.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #23008
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,619
So I think that I am going to do my first uber gay thing on Friday. Gonna go watch a movie by myself. I wonder if I can finish off a whole thing of popcorn by myself.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #23009
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
With the jeep wha wha what?! Have to be running hydrogen with gas, or witchcraft.
I had Criss Angel piss in my gas tank...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #23010
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
They're less then 6 months old as I replaced them late summer/early fall. The ones I replaced at that time though looked identical and were about 7-8 years old. I do need to wipe them down. I picked up a new liner so gonna try that tonight.
Is it blowing a fuse or just not feeding?
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.