Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1533 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 03-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #22981
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
All day in the back yard digging out old plants, sifting rocks from soil, planting roses, refilling planters with sifted soil, and plumbing irrigation for said roses. I'm beat, sore, and ready to continue tomorrow as well! The plan is one more rose bush, add weed block(the good stuff that's fabric, not plastic) and then cover with sifted out rocks! That planter will become the wiffle's new rock garden. Every time I go jeeping, I'm required to bring back a rock. Now I have a dedicated place for them.
Next week, hopefully I can spread grass seed, and level the yard with top soil over the seed to keep the birds from it. Once all that's done, I am going to stain the driveway and coat it. Then I can relax for the rest of the season save for mowings and trimming. Hopefully somewhere in there will be a jeep lift involved as well.
:fingers crossed:
Thanks again to garza for the help and info!
No prob man, I saw your last email.....been busy doing up the baby room. I'll get back to you soon.

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #22982
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Khris' Expo. I think that should work!
image-408053456.jpg  

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #22983
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Reminds me of one of those "there I fixed it" pictures

http://failblog.cheezburger.com/thereifixedit
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #22984
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Looks legit....

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #22985
sirhk100

Should be good for a couple thousand miles I'd think? What a waste of a day! Welder died just as I started to patch the pass side wheel well up so basically at that point I was done for the day. No shock mounts, no patched fenders, no sitting on the ground, no nothing... LAME!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:04 PM   #22986
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

If you were a real man you would've tossed that welder aside when it broke down and grabbed a roll of duct tape and got all that done hours ago instead of coming online and whining about it

OR...

Maybe your welder is trying to tell you to relax for 5 minutes and take a break from all those projects to take an afternoon to be lazy
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #22987
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Maybe your welder is trying to tell you to relax for 5 minutes and take a break from all those projects to take an afternoon to be lazy
LOL, that's exactly what I said earlier! I think my garage has basically been boycotting me since race day! Hoping I can get it fixed and able to melt metal again tomorrow. I don't know what to do without something to work on... LOL

Unread 03-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #22988
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It's the trucks! The way I figure it is all your junk wants to be worked on by me. That is why after the welder died the Expo had no problem with me using air tools on it and then when I was about to leave it grabbed ahold of me so tightly that it ripped my shirt. Had I been doing everything, it would all have gone smoothly and red would be done right now! Hell, we would have been out there working and the UPS guy would have randomly shown up with tabs for the glass even though they don't deliver on Sundays.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 10:13 PM   #22989
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
All day in the back yard digging out old plants, sifting rocks from soil, planting roses, refilling planters with sifted soil, and plumbing irrigation for said roses. I'm beat, sore, and ready to continue tomorrow as well! The plan is one more rose bush, add weed block(the good stuff that's fabric, not plastic) and then cover with sifted out rocks! That planter will become the wiffle's new rock garden. Every time I go jeeping, I'm required to bring back a rock. Now I have a dedicated place for them.
Next week, hopefully I can spread grass seed, and level the yard with top soil over the seed to keep the birds from it. Once all that's done, I am going to stain the driveway and coat it. Then I can relax for the rest of the season save for mowings and trimming. Hopefully somewhere in there will be a jeep lift involved as well.
:fingers crossed:
Thanks again to garza for the help and info!
I HIIIIIIIIIGHLY suggest going with sod rather than seed man.

Also, plastic works better than the fabric because nothing can grow through it. The fabric is permeable and some stuff can come though (ask garza about that one).

The fabric is 'better' for a few reasons, but it doesn't actually work as well.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:20 AM   #22990
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

Ive posted a bunch of pics in the zj forum thought I'd share with the locals this is what ive been up to all weekend got rid of my bashed up rockers and built some sliders
forumrunner_20130318_001827.jpg   forumrunner_20130318_001839.jpg   forumrunner_20130318_001857.jpg  
Unread 03-18-2013, 04:08 AM   #22991
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks good!
Unread 03-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #22992
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks good. Always great to see people fabing up their own stuff. Why didn't you just leave the whole slider black. Seems like it would be a pain in the arse to tape off the welds like you did.
Unread 03-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #22993
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Looks good. Always great to see people fabing up their own stuff. Why didn't you just leave the whole slider black. Seems like it would be a pain in the arse to tape off the welds like you did.
I figured I would paint match the rocker/slider to the vehicle

there not done I still have to cap the drivers side then I will be painting them the white is epoxy primer I just did the black to see what it looked like
Unread 03-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #22994
sirhk100

Those sliders look sweet! I'm planning something sorta similar on my hooptie.

Hey Puck, check out the top set of fenders here. They aren't the normal super wide top part. They look pretty much stock but with a wider looking flair and a larger wheel well... Hmmmm... Not so "prerunner" and would probably look good on yours! Granted, kinda sucks cause you'd have to paint to match.

http://www.off-roadfiberglass.com/of...98cherokee.htm

Unread 03-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #22995
sirhk100

Anyone with a Jeep TJ gonna be in the henderson automall area today or any days this week basically during the day like between 7am-4pm that would be willing to let me pop the hood and look under it for a minute? I just need to peak at it for a little bit, not doing anything, just looking... I may run over to the dealer and see if they maybe have any TJ trade in's on the lot even.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.