Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1532 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

New jk doors from steinjagerOconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 03-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #22966
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Thanks Marn ignore works great!

ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #22967
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Id kill to live in the desert like you all so,I didn't have to deal with these rusty stuck bolts as much. The oil filter adapter torx would still be a ***** though..
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #22968
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Now he gone and done it!
image-1389040707.jpg  

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 08:32 PM   #22969
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Do you think that Vegas is nothing but semi-famous tards running around? Hell, you might see the people from pawn stars, counting cars, Criss Angel, and Tupacs Ghost all in the same place. It would be the highlight of your life! If you are real lucky, Tupacs ghost would have invited Lebron James, Darrel Strawberry, and Dennis Rodman to attend. Just last week, I saw Biggie Smalls hanging out with 50 Cent, Magic Johnson, and Helen Keller. He invited George Washington but he declined saying something about some dude from Kansas might be there...
I actually lol'd
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #22970
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Now he gone and done it!
Yeah Khris! Get some!!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #22971
sirhk100

LOL,I ain't no david copperfield!!! Can't expect 35's to fit on a stock exploder without some custom love!

Before... Actually they will fully tuck in an articulated situation which is what I'm building it to do but I want to make sure if I get a little crazy between the pavement and the trailhead that I won't trash a fender or a tire in some whoops, a jump or a washout either.

After...

Tomorrow I'll clean up the ugliness and patch up the wheel well so it's not open to the world. And then when all said and done, even if I can't make my ugliness sexy, it really doesn't matter cause the miracle of fiberglass will hide any imperfections anyways! LOL

But hey, check out the magic mono leaf!!!! LOL The shock should work in that position right?

If all goes well, it might be sitting on it's own weight tomorrow night with bypass shocks, filled in wheel wells and 35" tires!!! Then I'll figure out how to mount that fender kit I'm holding up in the picture above permanently during my afterwork hours the first couple nights this week...

How it's currently sitting and spending the night...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #22972
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Yeah Khris! Get some!!
BTW, everyone treats their daily driver like this right? LOL Funny part is I own a body saw but it was too slow for my mood today. Marn will vouch so out came the cutoff wheel! LOL

Tomorrow's agenda, a little warranty work on Marns hooptie if he wants it, gotta mount a beadlock wheel for some canadian dude passing thru town on the way to a race and also hoping to fab upper shock mounts, fill in wheel well gaps, assemble leaf packs and assemble rear suspension. Anything on top of that will be icing on the cake!

Unread 03-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #22973
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

BTW, everyone treats their daily driver like this right? LOL Funny part is I own a body saw but it was too slow for my mood today. Marn will vouch so out came the cutoff wheel! LOL
I asked 'how are you going to cut it? A grinder?'

'I have a body saw around here somewhere' (digs to the absolute back of some cabinet) 'here it is!'

Starts cutting, gets about 1/2" into the cut

'Screw this I'm getting the grinder, this is taking too long' Within about 10 minutes he burned through 3 cutoff wheels hahaha.

Don't ask about our highly scientific measuring system used to draw the line on the cut hahaha.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #22974
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Khris let me know when you have time to get the tow bar done up.
Unread 03-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #22975
sirhk100

^^^^^ You can ask marn about the tow bar too!!!! That came up in conversation today! I used up 4 inches of the angle iron on his hooptie and actually mentioned that I'm hoping your tow bar takes up the rest of that piece so I can get it out of my steel pile! I still have those plates sitting out there too that I had plasma cut that will hopefully work with it all. Let me see how this week goes. Possibly one morning next weekend?

Unread 03-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #22976
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Don't ask about our highly scientific measuring system used to draw the line on the cut hahaha.
which worked perfectly fine on the drivers side after you left as well I must add... There was a slight surprise under the surface body structure wise to accommodate for the fuel door but the cut off wheel still ate thru that just fine too! LOL

Unread 03-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #22977
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
^^^^^ You can ask marn about the tow bar too!!!! That came up in conversation today! I used up 4 inches of the angle iron on his hooptie and actually mentioned that I'm hoping your tow bar takes up the rest of that piece so I can get it out of my steel pile! I still have those plates sitting out there too that I had plasma cut that will hopefully work with it all. Let me see how this week goes. Possibly one morning next weekend?
Like I said when ever is good for you. No big deal
Unread 03-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #22978
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looking good Khris. I wish I had your motivation.
Unread 03-17-2013, 12:39 AM   #22979
sirhk100

Wait, it hasn't even been mentioned the first half of the day was spent fabbing marns rear lower shock tabs and shoving his exhaust into his driveshaft. LOL!!!!!!

Unread 03-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #22980
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

All day in the back yard digging out old plants, sifting rocks from soil, planting roses, refilling planters with sifted soil, and plumbing irrigation for said roses. I'm beat, sore, and ready to continue tomorrow as well! The plan is one more rose bush, add weed block(the good stuff that's fabric, not plastic) and then cover with sifted out rocks! That planter will become the wiffle's new rock garden. Every time I go jeeping, I'm required to bring back a rock. Now I have a dedicated place for them.
Next week, hopefully I can spread grass seed, and level the yard with top soil over the seed to keep the birds from it. Once all that's done, I am going to stain the driveway and coat it. Then I can relax for the rest of the season save for mowings and trimming. Hopefully somewhere in there will be a jeep lift involved as well.
:fingers crossed:
Thanks again to garza for the help and info!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.