Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1530 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #22936
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrelbomb View Post
That Maryland cat I is me! I lived in North Las Vegas over on Centennial for four years and just moved to DC. Wish I never did. There is no other place that I have ever lived that you can just pull off the road anywhere you want and just go; and the cops are cool with it.
I have never lived in DC. Visited a few times. I think I would rather live here.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #22937
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

DC just strikes me as a dark sinister place. Sort of like some haunted town in a horror show or movie. I've never been, but it jut seems like it would be a really seedy place. Not the kin of place you would want to spend much time in. sort of like the rep that vegas has all over and hardly any of it is true?
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #22938
squirrelbomb
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yea, it sucks. There are quite a few places to wheel out here but you have to be willing to commute.
squirrelbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #22939
sirhk100

My friend that lives in DC hates it with a passion and can't wait to get back here to Vegas but has a quick stop to make in London starting in a few weeks and lasting for a few years until he's allowed to come back. Oh well, his truck is mine till then! LOL I can't imagine many others in DC have a truck like his.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #22940
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

My mom lives in the burbs around DC and it is not too bad. Traffic sucks, it is nice seeing the green everywhere, but most of the land is private property so you are limited. I personally would not live there, but trust me there are places that are way way way way worse. Did I ever tell you guys that I lived in Wichita Falls, Tx for 5 years.
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #22941
squirrelbomb
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I spend most my time fishing, or hiking. Just trying to make the best of it.
squirrelbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #22942
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
My mom lives in the burbs around DC and it is not too bad. Traffic sucks, it is nice seeing the green everywhere, but most of the land is private property so you are limited. I personally would not live there, but trust me there are places that are way way way way worse. Did I ever tell you guys that I lived in Wichita Falls, Tx for 5 years.
I was there for tech school then again for seven level school. I kind of dig it in a small town white trash sort of way. If it wasn't so flat it would be ok.
Unread 03-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #22943
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Can I get some ideas of where you guys shop for parts locally? I called 4WD Parts on Decatur to buy a complete OME setup. Springs, shocks, bushings ect. It was on a Friday about 11:00 am. The guy told me "we don't carry parts for a Jeep THAT old" I said I didn't think they would have them on a shelf, but if you give me an amount, my wife will stop by and pay so we can get it on order. He was not interested and wanted me off the phone. He told me to call or come back on Monday and he would see what he could do.

I hung up and ordered them from Quadratec. I already knew what I wanted and had the part numbers.

I don't mind paying a few extra bucks, I like to shop locally when possible. The things I need now are bumpers, lightbar and lights, and odds and ends.

Any ideas?
Unread 03-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #22944
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Back country products on Polaris has been decent to me. 4wheel parts has too. Strange how they treated you that time. I also order stuff from 4wd hardware catalogs too. eBay too. Local shops leave a little to be desired, unfortunately.
Unread 03-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #22945
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Bummer. There used to be a great Dick Cepek store on Industrial... in the 80's!
Unread 03-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #22946
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnvegas
Bummer. There used to be a great Dick Cepek store on Industrial... in the 80's!
Local shops suck and they just order your stuff anyway. Order it yourself and save I say.
Unread 03-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #22947
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post

Wrist pin let go pretty significant damage to the cylinder and trashing the block. The repair for the block was just over 2g's. I picked up a free motor that I'm hoping is rebuild able.

So I take it no unibody damage on yours from the wreck? I guess if all the doors still shut you should be fine.
The wife (boss) and I are sore as hell. I have no idea if theres unibody damage as I havent looked myself. And the insurance company has yet to contact me about setting up a time or place to get it checked out.

That was the first time and last time she will ever sit in the back of my jeep.
Unread 03-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #22948
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ

The wife (boss) and I are sore as hell. I have no idea if theres unibody damage as I havent looked myself. And the insurance company has yet to contact me about setting up a time or place to get it checked out.

That was the first time and last time she will ever sit in the back of my jeep.
When/if you guys start physical therapy, hit me up, i know a great place! Hopefully you guys get PAID for that crap!
Unread 03-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #22949
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
All the talk by people not from here in the NV section has me wondering just how many people read our posts. I mean we have some guy from Kansas that for some reason likes this thread. We have some guy from Florida ask about getting gears and lockers done here and one of the responses is a guy with 1 post that can't figure out where he lives and the other from some cat in Maryland. Maybe we should go invade somewhere else? LOL
I think a few of you would be surprised how many people are lurking around unannounced. I read hundreds of posts in this thread before ever saying hello. I don't really have much to say, but reading is a learning experience to say in the least, if not only for entertainment at times. Subsequently I am on this thread daily multiple times more often than not.
I've found the guys here that I have met are a pretty good bunch who I respect and would consider worth listening to; and someone I would gladly lend a hand to anytime.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #22950
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
DC just strikes me as a dark sinister place. Sort of like some haunted town in a horror show or movie. I've never been, but it jut seems like it would be a really seedy place. Not the kin of place you would want to spend much time in. sort of like the rep that vegas has all over and hardly any of it is true?
I was in DC for about 8 months when I was really young & I loved it; all of the history and museums were amazing & the trees and green areas everywhere were completely foreign to this native Vegas boy. I am afraid going back might diminish the memory though, I understand there is a LOT of crime and shady folks.. and some non politicians there too. :-D
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.