Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1527 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 03-15-2013, 09:31 AM   #22891
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Is it just me, or is this just EFFING HAWTNESS!?
That video sucks because for most of the damn thing, the camera is pointing at the sun.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #22892
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.policymic.com
Just a month after the passage of the New York state Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act (SAFE), comes another noble nanny-state proposal from the office of Governor Andrew Cuomo. The New York Directive to Regulate Inessential Vehicle Effectiveness Act (DRIVE) seeks to limit the capabilities of so-called "assault vehicles" which contributed to the deaths of 1,077 people and injury to over 128,000 on New York State roadways in 2011. The city of New York reported another 250 deaths and over 49,000 injuries resulting from vehicular assaults in the same period.

Cuomo stated, "this new law will limit vehicular violence through common sense, and reasonable reforms that will make New York a safer place to live. When society confronts serious issues, it is the function of government to do something, and the NY DRIVE Act will now give New York State the toughest, strongest protections against vehicular violence in the nation."

Provisions in the DRIVE Act would ban multiple makers of vehicles including Lamborghini, Porsche, and Ferrari, as well as many more common models such as the Chevy Corvette and Camaro, Ford Mustang, Dodge Challenger and Charger.
"Classic" versions of these cars (those over 20 years old) would have to be reregistered with the state and have their ignition system removed. Cuomo remarked on the proposal, "these are the vehicles the police use. Citizens don't need these vehicles. These vehicles serve no purpose for defensive driving."

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #22893
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

That almost sounds so crazy that it couldn't be true. Then I realized it was New York, so now I can believe it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #22894
sirhk100

After reading the rest of it not copied above... I think it's a hoax. Just about every mention of it right now is reporting back to that same source. I don't think it's legit but will let time tell...

The rest of the supposed details if you believe it. I'd love to see what this law does to any farm or ranch industry in new york if it's not a joke.

Quote:
— Enhanced Driving Record checks to ensure those who have committed a vehicular crime in the past no longer have access to their weapon of choice.

— Bans on spoilers, low profile tires, ground effects kits, and the color red. In addition to many other speed enhancements.

— Bans on tinted windows for concealed occupant carry.

— Passenger limits of four persons per vehicle. Current vehicle capacity is exempted under the regulations as long as no more than four persons are loaded into the vehicle.

— Bans on passenger vehicles with a curb weight exceeding 4,000 lbs or more than 200 horsepower.

— Bans on commercial pickup trucks with greater than a half-ton bed capacity or greater than 400 foot-pounds of torque.

— Along with mandatory reporting of "large quantity" fuel purchases that could indicate use for illegal activity.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #22895
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
That almost sounds so crazy that it couldn't be true. Then I realized it was New York, so now I can believe it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
After reading the rest of it not copied above... I think it's a hoax. Just about every mention of it right now is reporting back to that same source. I don't think it's legit but will let time tell...

The rest of the supposed details if you believe it. I'd love to see what this law does to any farm or ranch industry in new york if it's not a joke.
It is a joke. Says "Satire" at the top of the article.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #22896
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
In order to get the true meaning of the 2nd Amendment, you have to consider the way things were at the time of the writing. The 2nd Amendment reads "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." If they were to write it today it would read "Because a well disciplined Army is necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Our forefathers were not arguing for needs or hunting. They were worried about a tyrannical Government like the one that they had just gotten done fighting. The term well regulated militia does not mean you have to be in a militia to be afforded those rights. Quite the contrary. Well regulated at the time was synonymous with well disciplined. They weren't saying we needed one, they were afraid of one! Therefore, it stands to reason that they wanted the American people to be able to stand and fight against tyranny with arms of their choosing. We know that they weren't talking about arms being used for hunting because at the time arms were a mainstay for putting food on the table. If you didn't hunt, you didn't eat. They wanted us to stay in lockstep with the arms that are available to the worlds militaries.

I love when someone says "they couldn't know how advanced our firearms would become." This is true. They had no way of knowing. Does that mean that we should not be afforded the right unless we are carrying muskets? No, that is like saying that the right of free speech should only refer to the spoken word or those printed on a Gutenberg Printing Press. After all, they had no way of knowing how advanced we would become as a people. They had no way of knowing that there would be a personal computer and a television in almost every home in the United States yet I don't see anyone arguing to remove that right from us. They gave us the right to be free from illegal search and seizure. Should that right only extend so far as our homes? They had no way of knowing that we would have moved far beyond the horse and buggy. Yet nobody is arguing that we should take that right away. So why our right to arms? The truth is, this has nothing to do with guns. It has everything to do with power and control. He who has the power, controls the people. You take away the power to resist, thereby giving all the power to yourself, you give yourself full control.
Exactly. Well said
Unread 03-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #22897
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

By nature I am not a violent person and I am generally very passive. But some of the things going on in our country just make me wonder if a straight up revolution is the only answer. It just seems like we have the most incompetent people in office that are voted there by a largely uneducated and uninformed public. Priorities in this whole process are so messed up. How does a government think that reducing an increase... while still making an increased budget is the end of the world? Everyone plays the political game and gets the media going. For example the military still received a higher budget than last year... yet it is canceling TA for its troops while still paying cost overruns on late contractors? The media and government is pushing to ban weapons after a mass murder... even though the weapons that they are trying to ban were not even used during the crime. The potus tries to butter up unemployment numbers by no longer counting those that do not qualify to receive unemployment benefits. We continue to give me government grants and money to illegal citizens or to people just because the color of their skin. Everyone wants to equal but it is hard to be equal when someone else's child can get extra rights just because they are a minority. And everyone wonders why I just like to get away from everything and get out in the wilderness whenever I can. Morning rant over!!
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #22898
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

No I've got a rebuild able motor I just need to strip it down and drop it off for a dip and machine work. Just need to find the time. Right now sad to say its a little low on the list. How bad is your zj?
Thatll be nice to have a new motor in it. V8 or I6?

Zj isnt bad it looks normalish minus tire and wheel but when you drive it the gremlins come out and shake the vehicle.
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #22899
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post
Exactly. Well said
That actually isn't all that well written. I can and have written much better. Most of my writings never make it past my FB page. I wrote that in about 5 minutes last night as I was angry at Sen. Feinsteins response to Sen Cruz as well as Kansas-boys nonsense about 100 round magazines. I am working on a better response to Sen. Feinstein now. If you guys want, when I am done, I'll post it here.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:29 AM   #22900
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

And to all of you mofo's out there. My wife did all the research and we both voted for Cruz and so far we are proud of our vote. Now only if our other vote would have won. Absentee voting sucks in the fact that you don't get any of the local news so you really don't know the candidates and I never vote down party lines.
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #22901
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ

Thatll be nice to have a new motor in it. V8 or I6?

Zj isnt bad it looks normalish minus tire and wheel but when you drive it the gremlins come out and shake the vehicle.
V8. It should be nice I'm probably going to do some head work and a new cam to spice it up a bit. Right now I'm in the process of moving what little money I have in and out of investments and things. As well as my dads truck that is having some issues. Soon enough though.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #22902
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^yes. Please post it. Greg, I read something awhile back... Actually it was on either Mark Levine or Rush... The best way to sum up the difference between liberal and conservative thinking is as follows: The liberal left wants equality and freedom. The liberal left sees freedom as being able to do what we Conservatives call immoral. Conservatives want to continue what has throughout history shown to lend peace, profit and prosperity. Traditional values that allow people to become the best they can be.

Left believes we don't have to be responsible or accountable and should still be able to live an easy life. No accountability for poor decision making is good. Government should take care of us even if we make bad decisions. Liberal left believes we should have the freesom to choose to drop out of school; have multiple children out of wedlock; do drugs and refrain from working inly to be provided housing (section 8 HUD, housing projects) and free groceries in spite of our poor choices. Equality is the ability to make really bad choices without having to suffer the consequences. Liberal left believes the ultimate freedom is to be able to legally kill your unborn baby. To be able to legally marry whomever without being labeled. They see the Conservative moral framework as judgmental and old fashioned. History has shown that an authoritarian government always leads to war, poverty, and depression, yet the citizens always choose this over liberty.

Conservatives want liberty. Liberty to make choices and reap the benefits or consequences of those choices.

He (whoever it was, Ruch or Levine) said it much better than me, but that was the general idea.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #22903
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The exchange between Cruz and Feinstein illustrate exactly what is wrog with this country. Feinstein thinks the Constitution is a joke while pretending to support and defend it according to her interpretation.
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #22904
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Post it Andy.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #22905
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

V8. It should be nice I'm probably going to do some head work and a new cam to spice it up a bit. Right now I'm in the process of moving what little money I have in and out of investments and things. As well as my dads truck that is having some issues. Soon enough though.
So does the engine have blown heads or are you just doing this for shyts & giggles?

I just got a custom driveshaft from adams so I now have 4wd capabilities. All I need to do is custom make some shifter linkage which I already know that I'll be using some 3/8" all thread and some heim joints.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.