Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 152 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 12-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #2266
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

I don't know about you guys, but I was able to get away today and do some wheeling with my four year old. Hit Crystal Pass and Deadman's Canyon and surrounding trails. Had fun, but some of the interesting trails are active mine sites and have colorful no trespassing signs. I didn't shoot any of those signs.

Unread 12-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #2267
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

We had some friends fly in from Florida, Georgia, Virginia and San Diego. We were out late last night watching the UFC fights at the Palm's. It seemed like there were more fights in the audience. Get a bunch of young guys together, drinking beer and wearing TapOut shirts. Fights are bound to happen.

The funniest fight we saw happened just before the food court as we were leaving. Some hillbillies from the rodeo were there picking on a Japanese guy who kept trying to walk away. One of them shoved him at his back and he turned to square off with him, but kept walking backwards. That was when I got a better look at the Japanese guy. I immediately knew who it was and just waited for the show to begin.

Hillbilly #1 took a swing and was immediately taken down and choked out. Hillbilly #2 didn't want any part of that and disappeared into the crowd.

The Japanese guy was apologizing to the crowd. He actually looked embarassed to be fighting. Embarassed to be fighting outside of the ring. It was former MMA Shooto champ and current UFC fighter Caol Uno from Japan.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #2268
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I won't accept your money. I don't have a lot of money, but I won't take yours. The outdoors and mines are free.

I got your PM and replied. You have my phone number now. Feel free to call if you have questions.
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #2269
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Heading south into CA. I should have some good pictures to share tonight. Have a great day, men.
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #2270
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

One more thing before I go. We read there is an underwater mine system somewhere in Lake Mead. It's supposed to be somewhere between Crawfish Cove and the Govt. Wash and accessable only by boat.
From what I read, it was a mine that was worked before the water levels rose. I can't find the site I found that info on. Anyone know where it is?
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #2271
Poison3DSpider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixReed View Post
Hello Jeep Forum! This is my first day as a member but I've been visiting this forum for years. There's always something new to see and learn here. I've lived in Vegas for many years and have been active in the offroad community for most of my life. It took me all morning but I read every post in this thread and I have to say I'm impressed with all the pictures and all the places you all have been. I know I'm the new person so I won't ask for a favor but I do want to have a look inside some of these mines. Honestly I'm terrified that I'll fall in a hole and I'm even a little claustrophobic. I think there are 2 or 3 of you here posting pictures of inside the mines. Would one of you with experience care to show me around the inside of some of the mines? I'd be willing to pay for your time.

Thanks for the good reading and making my morning less productive.
Welcome.
Unread 12-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #2272
Poison3DSpider

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Heading south into CA. I should have some good pictures to share tonight. Have a great day, men.
Have fun.
Unread 12-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #2273
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hello Jeep Forum! This is my first day as a member but I've been visiting this forum for years. There's always something new to see and learn here. I've lived in Vegas for many years and have been active in the offroad community for most of my life. It took me all morning but I read every post in this thread and I have to say I'm impressed with all the pictures and all the places you all have been. I know I'm the new person so I won't ask for a favor but I do want to have a look inside some of these mines. Honestly I'm terrified that I'll fall in a hole and I'm even a little claustrophobic. I think there are 2 or 3 of you here posting pictures of inside the mines. Would one of you with experience care to show me around the inside of some of the mines? I'd be willing to pay for your time.

Thanks for the good reading and making my morning less productive.
I dont think you will find to many people here who will take your money but pleany who will show you the the way out there. Whan the weather breaks we have a group who want to do Potosi mine again. So keep in touch...
Mike
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #2274
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well, you have to understand that when you start getting deep into a mine, it's a lot like a cave. If you don't know the people you're with, you have no idea what their skill levels are, what their intentions are, and you possibly have to trust each other with your lives. If you have no experience climbing, you become a liability that endangers everyone there. Some people are the same way with new shooters. It's nothing personal, just a safety issue.
Unread 12-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #2275
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Potosi mine again! I want to go again!
Unread 12-04-2011, 02:03 PM   #2276
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Damn it. Seriously, why does it take women so long to get ready? We should be where we're going already. Instead, the guys are thinking about what is for lunch. The women are still upstairs doing whatever the hell it is women do upstairs.

Looks like we're probably just going to do the outdoor thing tomorrow. We'll probably just find a buffet on the strip and sit in a poker room.
Unread 12-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #2277
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
...He has a weird sense of humor so I wasn't sure what he was serious about and what was a joke.
I once had a crush on a girl who told me I had a weird sense of humor. Sometimes I miss her. I bet her family does too.
Unread 12-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #2278
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Well, you have to understand that when you start getting deep into a mine, it's a lot like a cave. If you don't know the people you're with, you have no idea what their skill levels are, what their intentions are, and you possibly have to trust each other with your lives. If you have no experience climbing, you become a liability that endangers everyone there. Some people are the same way with new shooters. It's nothing personal, just a safety issue.
What he said.

If I were to take someone ascending and descending, I would feel better if we were tethered so I could hopefully catch you if you fell. Down side to that is if I wasn't able to brace and catch, you'd take me down with you.

I've also taken a few people in with no experience and they would sometimes get upset if I asked them to come back when they went ahead. I'm not at all a controlling type of person. It's just very easy to miss hazards so, I like to take point. Go back a few pages and look at the wooden floor as an example.
Unread 12-04-2011, 03:01 PM   #2279
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I'm pretty certain I know who you are. Google works at my house. I wouldn't be interested in any business proposal. Again, that's not personal and definitely not being defensive. I would love to earn money doing something I enjoy. It's a safety issue. Nothing more.

Seriously, you thought I was being defensive? I'm trying my best not to embarass you.
Unread 12-04-2011, 03:42 PM   #2280
Poison3DSpider

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.