Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1518 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #22756
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
Adam, someone is selling your CJs twin! For 15K
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3679689711.html
It looks good, but not 15k good.

Unread 03-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #22757
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Factory parts are normally not the best at efficiency. The factory has to consider cost(both in building the part and assembly time), noise, longevity, and smog stuff. I can imagine that it is a constant fight between production, engineering (efficiency, HP, and noise), and the bean counters. Headers are generally way more expensive to produce and take way longer to install and unless you go with thick walled headers you have to worry about underhood heat and engine noise. Not only that but depending on the location of the spark plugs burning plug wires is always a pain in the ***.

Have you ever read the story about how much work a few engineers did over a couple of years just to get the Rubicon made?

As for noticing hp gains, I would say gains are more noticeable on a lower hp motor. You will notice a 10 hp gain in a 200hp vehicle way more than you would in a 300hp vehicle. With that said you have to look at the dyno sheet to tell the real story. I have seen chips that made 30hp down low but only increased the total hp number by 10hp.
The factory TJ stuff is pretty damn good. The intake is capable of flowing more than the engine can use at WOT. The exhaust has some restriction but that is more due to packaging than anything else. Tuning does nothing without going to a stand alone computer or a slaved in chip. The factory programming is so wide band that with a plug in OBDII programmer, you are back to stock power levels within 100 miles. To make any real power out of the Jeep, you would have to go with either forced induction or get into head and cam work. I do agree that you "feel" more when your power numbers are lower however, 10 hp is so low that you probably wouldn't feel it either way unless we are talking about something that originally started out with 50 hp.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #22758
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It looks good, but not 15k good.
I agree. 15K and it doesn't even come with a clock? If it had a clock, I might even pay 16K but with no clock I don't think I would pay 7K. Such a shame...

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #22759
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

The think that gets me is that they did a body color change. It looks like they did 90% of the stuff great but skimped under the hood. Even if they did not want to take everything off a can of black spray bomb would have made the difference. That and the intake looks like a trail fix after a long night of drinking. It just looks like it will come apart on the trail some day and leave you either sucking dust through the engine or stranded.
Unread 03-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #22760
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
The think that gets me is that they did a body color change. It looks like they did 90% of the stuff great but skimped under the hood. Even if they did not want to take everything off a can of black spray bomb would have made the difference. That and the intake looks like a trail fix after a long night of drinking. It just looks like it will come apart on the trail some day and leave you either sucking dust through the engine or stranded.
Right?

Why would you put in all that effort but ignore some things like that.

I mean, if you're doing a full resto, do a full resto, I'm not talking about cleaning up an already decent rig, or trying to simply work with a total basket case (like my wag)

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #22761
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Bew!!!!! Bew!!!!!! BEW!!!! Bew!!!!

image-3296707352.jpg

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 03-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #22762
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

haha, there's your boy!!! Your picture is kinda whited out, is that pulling out of the shell onto Elkhorn?
Unread 03-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #22763
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Bew!!!!! Bew!!!!!! BEW!!!! Bew!!!!
I wonder when the police are going to go after him. I mean if we are arresting children for making the shape of a gun out of a pastry and calling it a "terroristic threat," this has obviously got to be a terroristic threat as well right?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #22764
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

It has gotten completely retarded. What really sucks about it is that I have to teach my son that it is not good to shoot people even when he is playing because I do not want him to get into trouble at school. Wtf has this country came to? When I was a kid we had pellet guns, sling shots, and I rode my bike without a helmet.
Unread 03-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #22765
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
haha, there's your boy!!! Your picture is kinda whited out, is that pulling out of the shell onto Elkhorn?

Yah sorry, it was a rolling pic, and yeah, thats pulling out of fabulous freddys. He was taking off his jacket, presumably due to the warmth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I wonder when the police are going to go after him. I mean if we are arresting children for making the shape of a gun out of a pastry and calling it a "terroristic threat," this has obviously got to be a terroristic threat as well right?
He was riding his bike today, he wasnt making gun gestures, I've actually never seen him make gun gestures before i dont think.

Quote:

Unread 03-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #22766
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball
Adam, someone is selling your CJs twin! For 15K
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3679689711.html
Wow! Don't like the yellow and chrome doesn't look good. And 15k WTF?!?!
Unread 03-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #22767
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

So i have a interview next week. He told me on the phone because of the CDL requirement for most of the employees (i would be a helper not the driver) i couldnt work my second job. His reasons are
No more then 60 hours of work can be done by one person and must have 10 hours of non work between shifts.
Anyone here know about these laws?
My on call gig is when i want to work i sign up, we have rehab on sundays. The job in question is closed on sundays but he made it clear i wouldnt be able to work on my days off.

The helper pay is 40k a year, the driver pay is 45k a year. I just dont see 5k worth it because of the 10 fold responseability added with the ******* drivers in this town.

I can make 5k working rehab for the 5 months

I guess its bad to want to work, maybe i should work on my porch sittin skills playing on my obama phone
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #22768
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit

Mine ran out and I couldn't find a reason to renew. The only minor inconvenience is the 20 pmsg limit and that is only because I'm lazy I'm sure the site makes plenty of money off of its sponsors.
X2! A lot of supporters aren't very friendly to....new supporters....I suppose I can say that. I don't see the need to pay money to be treated as an intruder, even if I acted like a noob.
Unread 03-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #22769
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
So i have a interview next week. He told me on the phone because of the CDL requirement for most of the employees (i would be a helper not the driver) i couldnt work my second job. His reasons are
No more then 60 hours of work can be done by one person and must have 10 hours of non work between shifts.
Anyone here know about these laws?
My on call gig is when i want to work i sign up, we have rehab on sundays. The job in question is closed on sundays but he made it clear i wouldnt be able to work on my days off.

The helper pay is 40k a year, the driver pay is 45k a year. I just dont see 5k worth it because of the 10 fold responseability added with the ******* drivers in this town.

I can make 5k working rehab for the 5 months

I guess its bad to want to work, maybe i should work on my porch sittin skills playing on my obama phone
Do drivers and helpers somehow fall under the same DOT regulations? That is what it sounds like.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #22770
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

X2! A lot of supporters aren't very friendly to....new supporters....I suppose I can say that. I don't see the need to pay money to be treated as an intruder, even if I acted like a noob.
Agreed I never renewed mine either. I know in the cj forums you have 4-5 guys that think they own it and have to respond to everything and let guys trying to get info feel like idiots.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.