Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#3,001 ·
I've got pics of mtn lion prints outside of Nelson in a canyon, right next to deer tracks! I really want to see a mtn lion in the wild, but don't like why it would mean to be so close. They're my favorite animal. They are truly amazing animals!
That would be like seeing Chuck Norris. If you see him and you're alive then he let you live. Otherwise you wouldn't hear him coming.

#3,005 ·
Where about did you see them. I've always heard you can find mountain lions this far south but the furthest south I've ever seen them is around Alamo. I have seen a few bobcats though.
If you take Blue Diamond towards Pahrump it was on the other side of the peak. We also saw one inside Red Rock Canyon just before the peak along Rocky Gap Rd.

We haven't found anything positive that says there are Mt. Lions in Red Rock Canyon, but we're fairly certain we did. We're almost sure it had a cub with it too, but it was up the valley before we could get our cameras on it.

#3,007 ·
Those are some big boys! I was at the fashion show mall last week and the owner of one of the places came in. He was probably 5'10, 325-350, and maybe 5% body fat! Huge, veins sticking out of veins big!

#3,008 ·
YouStupidBunny said:
Speaking of the cage, I have my tickets for UFC 141 tomorrow! Lesnar vs. Overeem! Battle of the steroid monsters! :laugh:

Not sure why they are having it tomorrow. Their events are usually on Saturdays.
It's because of new years or so I heard on the radio today. Did you get a hook up on the tix or pay. I don't think i would ever pay to go mostly because of the enormous amounts of ****** walking around.

#3,009 ·
I try to go to all the local events. I have a friend at MGM arena that gets me seats. The UFC doesn't like to air with empty seats, so if an event doesn't sell out they give away tickets. What my friend does is get me tickets to any seats before the event, but when the event starts he takes those seats from me and moves me closer. There were only a few events where I wasn't floor level.

I've sat behind Dana White a few times. He sure does cuss a lot.

#3,010 ·
Overeem swears he doesn't use steroids. :laugh:

I have no dilusions about Lesnar and his steroid use, but at least he's passed all of his random tests since entering the UFC. He was in the WWE, so nobody is surprised he's used steroids. I'm no fan of Lesnar's, by the way. Take away his size and there's really nothing exceptional about his fighting.

Overeem originally refused to fight anywhere but Japan where there is no required steroid testing. He also failed to provide a required sample to the Nevada State Athletic Commission claiming he didn't know about the required test. He took the required test two weeks later. Conveniently, two weeks is about the maximum most steroid compounds will test hot. He's fighting under a provisional NSAC license.

Attachments

#3,012 ·
Overeem was likely a more effective fighter before he tripled in size. It's difficult to swing an 80lb legs over your head! And flexibility goes bye bye when you get huge! Tendons and ligaments tighten along with the muscle-it's a natural way to prevent injury. I agree with Ysb, he'll go down an out.

#3,015 ·
Speaking of the cage, I have my tickets for UFC 141 tomorrow! Lesnar vs. Overeem! Battle of the steroid monsters! :laugh:

Not sure why they are having it tomorrow. Their events are usually on Saturdays.
That's pretty cool. I can't say that I am not jealous because I am. If Lesnar doesn't win it's staged. He is just a rotten bad and angry person. I wish I could see it. I bet is doesn't last 3 rounds. At that size one hit it's over. Cheers.

#3,017 ·
Overeem was likely a more effective fighter before he tripled in size.
At his natural weight, Overeem wouldn't have been top ten on anyones list. At best he was a middle of the pack fighter whose career was probably a fight or two from forced retirement. When he added size, he was able to beat mediocre fighters with natural weight.

Just as with Lesnar, take away Overeems unnatural strength and what do you have? A guy that couldn't compete at that level.

I'm interested to watch just for the freak show. Goliath vs. Goliath.

#3,018 ·
That's pretty cool. I can't say that I am not jealous because I am. If Lesnar doesn't win it's staged. He is just a rotten bad and angry person. I wish I could see it. I bet is doesn't last 3 rounds. At that size one hit it's over. Cheers.
I wouldn't say a Lesnar loss would be staged. I wouldn't even say it would surprise me. They're big animals. Punchers luck can side with either one. I'd have to give the advantage to Lesnar. Let them fight five times and Lesnar would win three of the five.

If it gets to the third round, it'll be a boring fight with both of them just flinging dead arms at each other. Neither is known for their stamina. Although not a title fight, all headlining UFC fights are now 5 rounds. Nobody sees it going that far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.