Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 151 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #2251
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

you have to go around dusk or dawn to really see the deer. We always hit up the dirt road that goes to the group camp ground off of Lee Canyon and normally see about 3-5 deer.

On the side note, we had fun tonight playing in the snow up in mt charleston area, even got to pull some poor sap out of the snow bank.

gregaf3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #2252
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

It was just on the news about a lost hiker up there. Hope they're ok.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 02:40 AM   #2253
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I hope they're ok too, but who goes hiking alone in the mountains the day a strong winter storm is forecasted to move in? Either Bear McCrazyGuy on discovery channel or average McStupid guy! I've hiked maryjane falls in three feet of snow-that made me McStupid guy that day. Never do that, it sucks monkey balls! I hope the hikers beacon stays on, and I hope they dug a hole in the snow for shelter! God, help them make it through the night.
Unread 12-02-2011, 02:44 AM   #2254
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I hope they're ok too, but who goes hiking alone in the mountains the day a strong winter storm is forecasted to move in? Either Bear McCrazyGuy on discovery channel or average McStupid guy! I've hiked maryjane falls in three feet of snow-that made me McStupid guy that day. Never do that, it sucks monkey balls! I hope the hikers beacon stays on, and I hope they dug a hole in the snow for shelter! God, help them make it through the night.
Yeah, hope he's ok. The RJ is reporting that they called off the search for the night because he called rescuers with his cell phone and said he would be ok for the night. Not sure what I think of that. If he'll be ok for the night, why call for help in the first place?
Unread 12-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #2255
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I've been caught out in many bad situations and it was almost always my fault. Mostly not paying attention to weather warnings or not bringing proper gear. Even now, I do stupid things that could get me hurt or killed. I need to do something about that.
Unread 12-02-2011, 10:02 AM   #2256
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I've been stupid guy on the mountain before. I got myself into trouble being a little to confident in my non-skills. I'm sure he'll be fine. Sounds to me he should toughen up a little bit. If you have cell reception you are going to be fine.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #2257
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I saw some temps in the 20's last night when I was up there. Granted that was on my completely untrustable JK's temp sensor so it would be safe to say 20 +/-10
gregaf3 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #2258
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I've hiked to the top of cathedral rock the the snow. That was pretty stupid. It's basically a huge snow mound. It was very easy to slip and fall of the cliff.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #2259
sirhk100

LOL, McStupid! Me and some friends against the rangers warnings/advice backpacked into Escalante Canyon. Sketchy part is there was 3 groups somewhere ahead of us in the canyon. We setup camp on a high ledge before dropping into the slot canyon for the night cause storm clouds were on the horizon. When the sun set we were above a creek that was about 2 feet wide that we'd been hiking along all afternoon. Woke up some time in the night to what sounded like a train running thru the canyon! Flashlight showed a massive river but we were high enough to not worry. Woke up next morning to a river that was not crossable and we had to climb some cliffs to b-line it back to the trucks. 3 day back packing trip turned into a single night adventure. LOL

The evening before this was about 2' wide... Middle of the night it was bigger then this.

Afternoon before

Late morning after...

The crazy thing is we posted up before the canyon narrowed cause of weather concerns. Somewhere down in the narrows where a few other groups!

b-lining it back to the trucks found us crossing this canyon which we all were a bit nervous about with rain visibly seen on the horizon...

The climb out of that canyon had us having to trek up this super loose sand dune like grade that backed up to a vertical sandstone wall. I was the last one out... As each friend went up more and more of the hillside broke loose. I was a bit nervous about it all coming down on me.

I was standing down at the bottom as the others climbed out and you can see the cracks that formed from sections trying to break loose to slide down to where I was.

Just as we got back to the trucks it started dumping again which I'm sure meant the canyons filled again. The drive out was a 40 mile dirt road. A majority of it was flowing like this as we drove out! Good times!!!

sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 01:04 PM   #2260
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Damn that is scarey. They won't let you hike the narrows in Zion if there is a possibility of rain or flood because people die. Even if it's a clear day you still have to watch out for those damn squirrels dropping pine cones on your head from the cliffs above. That **** hurts.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #2261
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I once found a cool ring. I wanted to take it downtown and pawn it, but another friend who thinks he's a wizard convinced me and a few others to find a volcano and throw it in. I don't know why we listen to him. He's such a stoner. Good times.

Some other time, I'll tell you all how I became a prince of a town called Bel Air.
Unread 12-02-2011, 05:48 PM   #2262
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I once found a cool ring. I wanted to take it downtown and pawn it, but another friend who thinks he's a wizard convinced me and a few others to find a volcano and throw it in. Good times.

Some other time, I'll tell you all how I became a prince of a town called Bel Air.
Oh yeah? I once met this short green guy who kinda spoke english. He took me to some alien training camp and taught me all sorts of cool skills. That's why I don't have a winch ... every time I get stuck while jeeping, I just use something he called the "force" to pull it out.
Unread 12-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #2263
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Even with all the clues, I sat here a while saying, "Short green guy...short green guy...". Longer pause, "Short green guy...".

On that note, I really wish George Lucas would just leave the Star Wars series alone already. It's as good as it's going to get, George! He's probably still shaking salt into his mouth trying to improve a steak he ate last year.
Unread 12-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #2264
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
So... If anyone has a jeep in need of a 3 speed auto that will be freshly rebuilt basically and any or all the components to go along with the auto that I'm pulling out during the swap let me know...
I think I have a 30RH 3 speed. Which trans will you be getting rid of? Can it be swapped out in a day? Right now, the Jeep is all I have. Also, what is the price and how many miles are on it?

I just had to replace the 2.5L in mine, so with a rebuilt trans it should be like new again.
Unread 12-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #2265
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Lol, what are we talking about in here now?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.