Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1509 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #22621
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex

Thank you, I was just wondering if they did because I been to the pawnshop on hardcore pawn and they were all there. The one in detroit
My friend lives next door to the producer he was drunk at a party one night and admitted its 100% fake.

Unread 03-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #22622
4x4Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Hey have you been to the pawn shop in Las Vegas the one on pawn stars
No.

From people I know that have come across them, Rick is a ******, Corey is a nice guy and Chum is smarter than appears on tv and is also a nice guy. Take all of that with a grain of salt.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #22623
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I kicked Lenny kravitz at MGM once, by accident. Also was within stabbing distance of 50 cent at MGM. His crew thought I was security and asked me to be "crowd control" he walked right by me to the upstairs suites. Not a very big guy. I though he would be taller. Even when we don't really care about celebrities, we expect them to be bigger, taller, smarter, or more whatever than they actually are. That's probably how some of the legends and lore came to be back in the day. People were glorified across the land and their image got inflated along the way.
I meet "famous" people all the time. Most are nice some are way to big for their britches. Most of the time the posse are the worst.
I remember the first time i meet a famous person here in vegas was a few months after i moved here my ex and i went to the country shows on Fremont street. Then went to stoneys sitting at a table and one of the head liners walked right past me. Yeah i kinda freaked out and the people we were with just laughed and says that happens all the time. He walks back from taking a piss and comes to the table i couldn't even talk lol. Now i charge famous people for me to work for them while they are here. O how have times changed in 4 years lol.
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #22624
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
My friend lives next door to the producer he was drunk at a party one night and admitted its 100% fake.
A guy I raced bikes with sold his jeep to them on the show. They did actually buy it but the real world transaction had absolutely nothing similar to how they portrayed it on the show. It was a few seasons ago, white CJ with a fiberglass body... First and foremost difference, he was selling it super cheap just to get it out of his hair on craigslist, they saw the deal, they contacted him and then went and bought it. It aired though just like every other one, he needed the money so he took it down to the shop to see what they'd offer him. Truth is, they'd already bought it and owned it and paid him the asking price before they even filmed the show. He said they walked up with cash in hand and didn't even try to talk him down.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #22625
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Last call for the grass patches! If anyone wants them let me know. I can put them in little plastic planter pots. If not, they're going in the trash. Just come get them when they're out. Let me know. Many of you have my info, send a text if you want them.
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:09 PM   #22626
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Marn, expert opinion please! What is this plant?

image-1170817056.jpg

How well do these transplant? I would like to move it from there to an area with mor full sun. What considerations do I need to include in te transplant? I know it's best to move a lot of the soil near the roots with the plant, but other than that, I'm ignorant on it. I'll have irrigation in the area, but need to know how much to give it without over/under watering it and killing it.
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #22627
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sorry Puck, I didn't get any pics of you, and I totally got lucky that the guys behind me took a few shots. I thought this was a cool sequence of me taking a line I made up lol. Anyway, it was nice to meet you and a few of the WM guys! Hopefully we'll do it again soon!

Garza is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:44 PM   #22628
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks good Garza
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:47 PM   #22629
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
haha, as long as it was only a buck you can keep it. You saw how fast we got it ready for you. It was fun watching the wife clean her own car for once though.
Yeah, just a buck. Figured I would ask if you wanted it back. Full disclosure and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Andy, what's gonna happen to the TJ?
It is going up for sale soon. I need to stop ****ing around with it and just fix it so I can sell it. I really wish I had a press so that I could do the control arm bushings at home instead of taking them up to base to use the press there. New control arm bushings and a JY sway bar and it will be up on CL. Why?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #22630
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Andy vs Powrjunkey who is the biggest procrastinator? Powr has a family and Andy is single... will the family man prevail? Stay tuned, now for a picture of a motor cycle jumping over a jeep.
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #22631
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Andy vs Powrjunkey who is the biggest procrastinator? Powr has a family and Andy is single... will the family man prevail? Stay tuned, now for a picture of a motor cycle jumping over a jeep.
Sad, I put in more work on Khris' ish than my own.

Edit:

Just so that you don't somehow think I was slacking, I put up a picture of a motorcycle jumping over a Jeep!

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #22632
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

the worst part is that you now have a DD so it is not something that you have to finish in one day. Take the bushings over to Khris' house and see if he has any extra tubing to fit around the bushings but small enough to lock onto the arm. From there get a long arse bolt with some thick washers and use that to press/pull the bushings. You could even use a floor jack and the bottom of your Jeep to press them in. Redneck engineering baby!!
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #22633
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Either that or you could just go to harbor freight and pick up a press for cheap with a 20% off coupon.
Unread 03-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #22634
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Sad, I put in more work on Khris' ish than my own.
Not my fault, I've sent you tons of ads to get you rolling and even took you out of state to get you to spend your money yet you resist! Put the jeep up for sale! By the time it's gone and you find the new project I should be done with my hooptie and maybe you can get it in line before I start redoing the front on my toyota!

And that's all I've got for bikes over jeep pictures...

How about bike over tires?

Bike past cactus?

bike jumping near cactus?

Bike jumping after passing water tank?

Bike steering clear of really really really scary cactus?

Bike rocking #1 open plate after winning series championship but before I had custom numbers made?

Bike in snow?

Bike racing at night?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #22635
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
the worst part is that you now have a DD so it is not something that you have to finish in one day. Take the bushings over to Khris' house and see if he has any extra tubing to fit around the bushings but small enough to lock onto the arm. From there get a long arse bolt with some thick washers and use that to press/pull the bushings. You could even use a floor jack and the bottom of your Jeep to press them in. Redneck engineering baby!!
This coming from a "Professional Slacker?"

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.