Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1504 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #22546
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
right now:

My brake lines are a total mess (need replaced) and I have no shocks:

My exhaust is held in place off to the side with a wire hanger:

My front drive shaft is unbolted and held in place with a wire hanger and duct tape (and no i still dont have an inspection cover on my torque converter):

But, it seems to ride and drive fine. Had it up to about 50 in the neighborhood, havent dared to take it on the highway with those rotted 31's and no shocks. But, no weird vibes or anything, so, hopefully upwards of 60 MPH it drives the same.

Phew, i'm beat.
Need a side view of your rig with tiny tires please

Sent from my Imagination

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #22547
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
right now:

My brake lines are a total mess (need replaced) and I have no shocks:

My exhaust is held in place off to the side with a wire hanger:

My front drive shaft is unbolted and held in place with a wire hanger and duct tape (and no i still dont have an inspection cover on my torque converter):

But, it seems to ride and drive fine. Had it up to about 50 in the neighborhood, havent dared to take it on the highway with those rotted 31's and no shocks. But, no weird vibes or anything, so, hopefully upwards of 60 MPH it drives the same.

Phew, i'm beat.
Progress! So your for sure gonna step down to the 31's? I sure liked the stance that those 33's gave it and I am sure your diffs appreciated the extra clearance; even if you don't hit many rocky trails very often.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #22548
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Progress! So your for sure gonna step down to the 31's? I sure liked the stance that those 33's gave it and I am sure your diffs appreciated the extra clearance; even if you don't hit many rocky trails very often.
What? No. I am not going to go with 31's unless my 33's dont fit (these wheels have .25" less backspacing, lol). Or unless i get an urge to spend money. They would make highway driving and whatnot easier, stopping easier, they wont rub, etc.

There just happen to be 31's on 2 of the wheels i bought and i used them for a test run before paying to have my 33's swapped to the 6 lug rims.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #22549
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Need a side view of your rig with tiny tires please

Sent from my Imagination
only half tiny tires haha

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 03-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #22550
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

only half tiny tires haha
Lol, i like that classic wheel with the Waggy. Ots going to look sharp when every thing is done.

Sent from my Imagination
Unread 03-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #22551
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

What? No. I am not going to go with 31's unless my 33's dont fit (these wheels have .25" less backspacing, lol). Or unless i get an urge to spend money. They would make highway driving and whatnot easier, stopping easier, they wont rub, etc.

There just happen to be 31's on 2 of the wheels i bought and i used them for a test run before paying to have my 33's swapped to the 6 lug rims.
Oh good, I must've missed that somewhere. Carry on sir, can't wait to see it with the moons on!
Unread 03-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #22552
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Lol, i like that classic wheel with the Waggy. Ots going to look sharp when every thing is done.

Sent from my Imagination
Thank you sir. They are nasty and rusty right now, need to be repainted bright white

Quote:
Oh good, I must've missed that somewhere. Carry on sir, can't wait to see it with the moons on!
We'll find out tomorrow most likely if the 33's will fit, i dont think there will be any issue. they should actually be sucked a little more narrow when i try to cram them on the 6" wide rims. Eek.

I'm ging to take the OTHER 2 rims over to the tire shop because they have terrible bald worn 28's on em. At least these 31's i'd feel safe driving to the tire shop with.

Also, i have a 1" body lift i may throw on here soon to help with the rear clearance issues.

When i tow the camper, i rub on the highway doing 70 if there is a dip or anything. thats not a fun sound.

Unread 03-09-2013, 06:51 PM   #22553
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
When i tow the camper, i rub on the highway doing 70 if there is a dip or anything. thats not a fun sound.
Nothing a sawsall cant fix
Unread 03-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #22554
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Nothing a sawsall cant fix
nooooooo my jeep is too pretty!

haha, except for the massice rust hole on the passenger rear fender, its the size of a silver dollar.

but if you havent seen that, then I wont point it out.

Unread 03-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #22555
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Anyone here hitting any trails tomorrow?
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #22556
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Anyone here hitting any trails tomorrow?
Potato tomorrow

Sent from my Imagination
Unread 03-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #22557
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Thank you sir. They are nasty and rusty right now, need to be repainted bright white

We'll find out tomorrow most likely if the 33's will fit, i dont think there will be any issue. they should actually be sucked a little more narrow when i try to cram them on the 6" wide rims. Eek.

I'm ging to take the OTHER 2 rims over to the tire shop because they have terrible bald worn 28's on em. At least these 31's i'd feel safe driving to the tire shop with.

Also, i have a 1" body lift i may throw on here soon to help with the rear clearance issues.

What lift is in it now? Can u go bigger?
Like this?
0406_01z1973_jeep_fsj_truckfront_passeng-2.jpg  
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #22558
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206

What lift is in it now? Can u go bigger?
Like this?

Nah but I'm only at 4" lift so 31's are the norm without rubbing on a narrow track. To run my 33's without rub I would need 6" and I don't feel like going that high. I am considering dropping to 31's in the future but we will see the result when I go with my 1" BL

Unread 03-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #22559
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Which trail/obstacle?
It was the waterfall on Shetter. I have no idea if the obstacle has a name. I haven't seen anyone attempt it but there were tire marks on it. I did have to take a different line because there was no way that a stock length Jeep was driving up where the tire marks were.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #22560
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

So...have I gained your respect? I didn't do that crazy ish climb you did, but that was pretty much the only place I didn't follow. I can't lock my lockers, because they aren't there. And I was shorter than you....we need to go back there and play some more!
How do you figure that you were shorter than I? This Jeep has no lift and has never been lifted. I could be wrong but weren't you on a budget boost?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.