Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1503 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #22531
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

I have to disagree. It may just be the combo of my truck, duratrac s, LSD, but I can't keep my truck straight in the rain. Usually just to get on the freeway is 4 hi for me. Literally just barley touching the gas with a slight turn and I'm sideways.
I have experienced a combo of both.. the auto locker DOES make for more challenging driving, especially in slick conditions like rain, but in a YJ I found it very manageable if you knew how it behaved. On the flip side, driving an empty truck in slick conditions is sketchy to start out with, I imagine any type of auto traction aid in the same slick conditions would be a 100% nightmare.

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #22532
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

Nope...i think that he is shorter than you. Heck my 4 year old is almost as tall as him

Misspelled and auto corrected on my phone
Haha, that's some funny ****!

"But he's just a little guy!" -Tommy Boy
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #22533
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Rwd is easy. Try driving fwd with a diff and 300hp

Unread 03-09-2013, 09:58 AM   #22534
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Honestly, no issues at all with the locker in the rain. I was thinking it was going to be hell, but on the freeway it tracks straight.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #22535
sirhk100

This one on wet roads is a handfull on anything other then going straight! Freeways, no problems! Oh ramps, questionable... City streets making turns... Yeehaw!!! Gotta love the spool! In a week or so I won't actually own a vehicle without some sort of traction device in it. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #22536
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I don't own anything without lockers... wait I only own one vehicle. Carry on
Unread 03-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #22537
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

Where is this climb located?
Logandale
Unread 03-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #22538
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3

Nope...i think that he is shorter than you. Heck my 4 year old is almost as tall as him

I meant my jeep is shorter, the metaphorical "i" am shorter.

Yes, puck, you do count.
Unread 03-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #22539
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Logandale
It's on video on my YouTube channel. It doesn't look as bad as it was though. We should have filmed it from a better perspective. It was a seriously off camber climb with a nasty fall if he had effed up. He did just fine though!
Unread 03-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #22540
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post

I meant my jeep is shorter, the metaphorical "i" am shorter.

Yes, puck, you do count.
Ok good, now that my internet self esteem has been acknowlaged i can contiue coming back with no butt hurt.

Sent from my Imagination
Unread 03-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #22541
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Ok good, now that my internet self esteem has been acknowlaged i can contiue coming back with no butt hurt.

Sent from my Imagination
Like it was gonna cause butt hurt either way!? Still thinking of a trail next weekend?
Unread 03-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #22542
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Like it was gonna cause butt hurt either way!? Still thinking of a trail next weekend?
True. And yes, I will get some rigs pulled together for Nelson next weekend.
Unread 03-09-2013, 05:21 PM   #22543
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

So i am really enjoying these Spartans. Very predictible while driving. I know every one has their opinion on auto lockers, but in my 101" w/b XJ they work really well. I am glad i droped the cash on them, well worth every penny spent. So far my second favorite upgrade on my XJ, first are my $100 rock sliders.

Sent from my Imagination
Unread 03-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #22544
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

right now:

My brake lines are a total mess (need replaced) and I have no shocks:

My exhaust is held in place off to the side with a wire hanger:

My front drive shaft is unbolted and held in place with a wire hanger and duct tape (and no i still dont have an inspection cover on my torque converter):

But, it seems to ride and drive fine. Had it up to about 50 in the neighborhood, havent dared to take it on the highway with those rotted 31's and no shocks. But, no weird vibes or anything, so, hopefully upwards of 60 MPH it drives the same.

Phew, i'm beat.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #22545
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Logandale
Which trail/obstacle?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.