Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-02-2011, 01:30 PM   #211
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Oh yea, There were some areas with ice/snow. But only in the areas that dont get much sun
did u go all the way through? or just in and back?

LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #212
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

okay okay okay, here's my thoughts...

Jared said he only went in through red rock, then up and back out, didnt go down over the back.

A few of us are looking for a bit of a lighter run, and dont really wanna get into anything hairy.

It also appears as though several of us have just run potato ridge fairly recently, as well as wheeler pass, mormon well, etc.

I'm thinking maybe a trip out to the dunes would be good? I know several fun spots out there, on trails (not really in the sand) with some rocks and whatnot, but its always fun to blast around in the dirt as well. Its nice out there, its not super isolated, tons and tons of trails to tool around on and explore, rocks, dirt, etc. Easy to spend a few hours just driving around, and you definitely need 4wd to get around on a lot of it.

Plus, i havent been out there in years.

Anyone interested in a nellis dunes run on saturday?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #213
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
okay okay okay, here's my thoughts...

Jared said he only went in through red rock, then up and back out, didnt go down over the back.

A few of us are looking for a bit of a lighter run, and dont really wanna get into anything hairy.

It also appears as though several of us have just run potato ridge fairly recently, as well as wheeler pass, mormon well, etc.

I'm thinking maybe a trip out to the dunes would be good? I know several fun spots out there, on trails (not really in the sand) with some rocks and whatnot, but its always fun to blast around in the dirt as well. Its nice out there, its not super isolated, tons and tons of trails to tool around on and explore, rocks, dirt, etc. Easy to spend a few hours just driving around, and you definitely need 4wd to get around on a lot of it.

Plus, i havent been out there in years.

Anyone interested in a nellis dunes run on saturday?
In
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 02:20 PM   #214
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMatt View Post
In
Well I already knew that...

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-02-2011, 02:39 PM   #215
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Well I already knew that...
LOL. I should be in too. Lots of dirt bikes and quads out there, should we be sporting a huge orange flag?
Unread 02-02-2011, 03:14 PM   #216
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LoveLifeWD View Post
LOL. I should be in too. Lots of dirt bikes and quads out there, should we be sporting a huge orange flag?
I never have...and none of them really do. I figurein the event of an accident well come out On top anyway...so...haha

Let's say meet up at the gas station right there at the speedway at 9am for a 930 departure.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #217
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I never have...and none of them really do. I figurein the event of an accident well come out On top anyway...so...haha

Let's say meet up at the gas station right there at the speedway at 9am for a 930 departure.
So are you not shooting saturday?? Do any of yall know a good gun smith to install some night sights?
Unread 02-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #218
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

what type of gun?

And no shooting saturday, but if we're out at the dunes...maybe we can pop a few shots...haha.

I'll be taking the M1A out either on superbowl sunday (screw football), or next week.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-03-2011, 01:21 AM   #219
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

G 23
Unread 02-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #220
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I was gonna suggest picking up a glock sight tool, but they are like 85 bucks. I do not know of any gunsmiths.

www.nevadashooters.com would be a great place to ask, super friendly, and 95% of the people/stuff are/is local to Vegas.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #221
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Whos all in so far?
Andrew, Matt, Steve, and maybe Roger???
Ill have some passengers and maybe another wrangler with me.
Did Justin stop wheelin? I know he was trying to sell his TJ.
Anyways, 9:00 AM speedway gas station.
Unread 02-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #222
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I've received confirmations from you, Matt, Dan (YOJIK), and myself...i invited a few others but they couldn't make it. Bring whoever, the more the merrier. My girl will be riding along with me, but I think that's it.

I may have to break away at some point and run to the Flying J in NLV to meet a trucker who is dropping off some parts for my engine swap, but I'll know his ETA later tonight.

and yes, I'll see y'all saturday (tomorrow) at 9am at that speedway gas station. I'll be filling up no doubt.

If anyone has an air compressor, bring it. We'll def need to air down out there, its best to do it right from the road since its so damn rough on the roads. If no one has one, we can always drive the few miles back to the gas station to air up when we're done.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #223
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I've received confirmations from you, Matt, Dan (YOJIK), and myself...i invited a few others but they couldn't make it. Bring whoever, the more the merrier.

I may have to break away at some point and run to the Flying J in NLV to meet a trucker who is dropping off some parts for my engine swap, but I'll know his ETA later tonight.

and yes, I'll see y'all saturday (tomorrow) at 9am at that speedway gas station. I'll be filling up no doubt.

If anyone has an air compressor, bring it. We'll def need to air down out there, its best to do it right from the road since its so damn rough on the roads. If no one has one, we can always drive the few miles back to the gas station to air up when we're done.
I've got a small 12V compressor I can bring. It takes forever to air up all 4 but it's better than nothing.

I'll probably use it to top off then air up all the way using my shop compressor at home.
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 07:38 PM   #224
YOJIK
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in, and my fiancee might join. I also have one of those little air compressors, so 2 should help speed things up. I also will have some sun screen if any one has Irish skin like me... Dr Marn, you want to meet up at my house or vice versa tomorrow morning?

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yojiks-2006-tj-build-thread-1158011/"]My Build Thread[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/official-las-vegas-southern-nevada-wheelin-thread-1104394/"]Las Vegas Southern Nevada Thread[/URL]
YOJIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 08:11 PM   #225
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have to take my dogs to the Vet at 7:30am, so I should be able to meet up at 9:00. It will be myself and one of my dogs in my LJ. I have a 10lb CO2 tank and we can use that until it's empty if need be. I've used it 2 times (since last fill) on my tires so it should be able to do a couple of rigs anyway.

Ricky 940-632-7633 feel free to text me and I'll let someone know if I'm on the way or what not.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.