Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#29,865 ·
Gracias! I'm happy with how they turned out and they're functional! Bring on the shopping carts in the parking lot!!! They look a bit strange in the picture with the holes not going the whole length but in person it's obvious why when you see them and it looks fine cause of that.

#29,873 ·
What's that? Did you say Dana 30? Or was that Dana 35? You're gonna have to speak up...

(btw, it's hard to see but it's sitting on that rock right in front of the track. It also passed the bucket impact testing as well. It's also been driven over by a jeep and a loaded semi truck. I believe it spent some time at a shooting range yesterday as well but I haven't heard if that went thru and/or what the results were yet.)

#29,875 ·
I never understood the validity of the extreme destructive testing for a diff-cover......because in all reality if you hit something hard enough with any HD diff cover to reach a failure point, you had better check your housing. This coming from a guy who has cold stopped an entire Jeep at 10mph with the front diff.....trust me, housings will bend, and center sections do break....even on 3/8" thick tubes! BTDT!

#29,876 ·
Ugh! The hooptie needs lower low! I want it like my old CJ where u just let the clutch out at idle and steer and you forget about the clutch or throttle until you want to stop or go faster. It looks like it's trying to race thru that crap.

Garza,
You aren't our customer base. We sell to mom at the mall with the cool JK that's waiting for her kids to get off school and puts it in 4wd when it's rainy out. They see cool stuff like that and it equates to a sale. You care about what really happens to the diff, normal customers care about what they think it will hold.

It's like this video... Like we discussed earlier, I'll take my cheap HID's a million times over one of these and I doubt I'm going to be drilling thru it, dragging it behind my truck or taking a oxy/acl torch to a light bar... But you know damn well this video equates to sales for them!

#29,877 ·
Garza,
You aren't our customer base. We sell to mom at the mall with the cool JK that's waiting for her kids to get off school and puts it in 4wd when it's rainy out. They see cool stuff like that and it equates to a sale. You care about what really happens to the diff, normal customers care about what they think it will hold.
and to guys who dont even have working jeeps :-(

Can you get me a price on one or two of those btw?

#29,878 ·
You also aren't our customer base. We sell to mom at the mall with the cool JK that's waiting for her kids to get off school and puts it in 4wd when it's rainy out. They see cool stuff like that and it equates to a sell. You care about what really happens to the diff, normal customers care about what they think it will hold.

It's like this video... Like we discussed earlier, I'll take my cheap HID's a million times over one of these and I doubt I'm going to be drilling thru it, dragging it behind my truck or taking a oxy/acl torch to a light bar... But you know damn well this video equates to sales for them!

Hahah:laugh:a if you need me, I'll be in the hardcore corner!!:rofl:

And THIS would be my kind of testament to lights still working after some carnage!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.