Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1494 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #22396
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Why no love for Cherokees???

Sent from my Imagination
Because Jeep made the Cherokee for soccer moms like you puck! Haha

MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #22397
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I will definitely start spraying it down. I'll be bringing some anti seize as well. And btw, before someone else states it, I know my TJ has been for sale, but I've come to the conclusion that its going to be at least 2-3 years before we can really use a JKUR. So, while I still can, I'm going to move forward with my lift and upgrades now. We've decided to keep it and save for the JK cash. So that will be a while. In the mean time, it will be our family project and toy. Once the babies are old enough to drive, they'll get a 20yr old TJ to drive(if all goes well with it) I love the jeep and we've had it since new.
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #22398
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post

Because Jeep made the Cherokee for soccer moms like you puck! Haha
Har har har... I'll show you how this fat guy wheels teh Cherokee. Pick the trail.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #22399
sirhk100

I've got antisieze, no worries on that...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #22400
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I'll show you how this fat guy wheels teh Cherokee.
with all his weight on the skinny pedal?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #22401
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Glad to see that you decided to wait and just keep the TJ Power. So lets see... you got $1600 for your AR to cover your tires, so with your taxes you should be able to have you lift by April right?
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #22402
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

What lift are you gonna get?
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:31 PM   #22403
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
What lift are you gonna get?
I had talk to him about getting the same one you and I have.
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #22404
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, I think I've got enough to pull the trigger on a good, solid kit and extras. If I could come up with a rubi TC fairly priced, I'd be tickled pink! Lol gotta do a SYE anyway, so if I can get a 4:1 for a bit more, it would e better.
We kept coming back to all the time and money into it, that unless we got like 25 for it, we'd be taking a loss. So, instead, may as well go for it. Hopefully by mid April, I'll be riding higher!
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #22405
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Yep, I think I've got enough to pull the trigger on a good, solid kit and extras. If I could come up with a rubi TC fairly priced, I'd be tickled pink! Lol gotta do a SYE anyway, so if I can get a 4:1 for a bit more, it would e better.
We kept coming back to all the time and money into it, that unless we got like 25 for it, we'd be taking a loss. So, instead, may as well go for it. Hopefully by mid April, I'll be riding higher!
Saw quite a few atlas TCs at the swap meet a couple weeks ago!
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #22406
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Got my new PRP seats installed this past weekend, thanks to Khris. They were a pretty sweet score at the swap meet.

image-3195026885.jpg
Unread 03-07-2013, 06:01 PM   #22407
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

I have this thing called an emergency fund, coupled with the money i have in my checking account.

thats enough to cover any given normal emergency. If my engine exploded, i may not be able to replace it but i could get on a plane and come home, etc. At ant given moment i have a few thousand bucks cash at my disposal. I could buy a new putt-putt type car if I had to. Health is a different situation, which is why health insurance exists.

and no, i dont have the issue of zero self control, but the last time you need to get into more debt is when an 'emergency' comes along.

I get it, you're amazing with money you have never had debt or carried a credit card balance, but i'm not like that, and most americans are not like that. If i dont have a credit card, i cant use it, and i'll be forced to find some other solution. After ALLLL debt is paid off, the goal is to build a 6 month emergency fund, which will cover more or less anything health or life related that insurance wouldnt cover.
I am 100% with you my friend! I don't have any credit cards and have savings to cover emergencies. I wish I could say I am 100% debt free, but I have a car payment (the other 3 vehicles are already paid for) and a mortgage for each of my properties. I am jealous of you, that 100% debt free is gonna feel great!

To Greg's point; Car rentals and stuff like that go on my debit card that works as a credit card too, no it won't drain my savings cause I diversify and have more than one savings account.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #22408
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
So what is everyone doing this weekend? My first official weekend having the kids by myself and I don't want to stay home and have them trash the house.
Hitting the road @ 01:00 for Dr Appmnt in SLC later in the morning... that and traveling back home and doing the honey-do's pretty much have my weekend booked. I sure hope someone else is gonna do something fun I can vicariously mooch off of.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #22409
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Got my new PRP seats installed this past weekend, thanks to Khris. They were a pretty sweet score at the swap meet.
Thems some sexy looking seats! How much they set you back?

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #22410
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Thems some sexy looking seats! How much they set you back?

Sent from my Imagination
$400 for the pair, brand new and came with a harness bar.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.