Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1493 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 03-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #22381
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

looks like lilly turf to me.

decent plant. look good around the bases of palms and whatnot.

transplanting will be a craps shoot tho, those 3 look kinda junky (no offense) and stressed, likely wont survive.
No offense taken. The dogs have used them for beds and they're just struggling. I haven't taken care of them because I'm not too keen on them. If someone can use them, great. If they were in another spot, I'd be fine with them, but I have no real use for them.

Unread 03-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #22382
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Nothing for a 98? Psh there all the same
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #22383
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Just to make sure that Khris is reading this could you post another picture of the motorcycle jumping over the Jeep?
Here, how about one of me crashing when I was probably about 14 or 15 judging by the bike I was on...

and these are the only two jumping with the jeep in the frame pics I have uploaded. I've got more but these are all pre digital camera era and all the ones I scanned ages ago.

I actually thought I had a 3rd one that was an awesome silhoette type shot with me perfectly centered over the jeep into the sunset. The jeep actually is barely visible cause it's so dark but I don't see it in my photobucket account.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #22384
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Khris doesn't want a smart phone. Stop attacking his resistance to getting something he doesn't feel he needs.
You guys can keep pounding it on me all you want. Doesn't bother me one bit in fact I find humor that my phone selection might actually bug someone else in even the slightest bit! (for anyone with them that's not work related, cause I do see their value there, I laugh at your phone bill!) LOL I fear the day when my only choice is a smart phone! My dog is going to starve!

Unread 03-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #22385
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Nothing for a 98? Psh there all the same
Well supposedly '91-'99 are all the same yet for some reason we've never had a complaint on the '91-98's but we've heard of fitment issues on specifically the '99 and only the '99. Worse yet, it's not even on all '99s! Just some... Haven't seen pictures or anything of what the issue is, only know that something "might" need some loving with a grinder to make it fit. So I'm "hoping" Merrick's jeep is the one that's going to need some grinding so we can either make a change to our header or at least know how to address the customer complaint and maybe just simply include an insert showing how to deal with it if you have that issue.

But... One thing I am going to ask the bossman in the morning is if he wants me to find a '91-98 to do an install on also for the same reason we're doing the '00-06. I could see him saying, yeah do it... I could also see him saying, nah, if you're doing one on the '99 anyways that'll be good enough. I don't have that answer yet though which is why I didn't offer it yet. You "might" see the offer extended tomorrow though cause I do plan on bringing it up.

Unread 03-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #22386
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I've had a ranger for 2 years now. I get no love?
You're not 4WD and of the right model year to force the coolaid on and I already know there's no point in forcing it on you. I spotted Andy for his weakness as soon as he showed hands on interest in the race truck! LOL

Quote:
I wanna header!!! I'll call in sick to do it!!! Let me know!!!
Sold! Let me talk with the bossman in the morning to nail down details. Can you do it one day next week or the following? Any day except Thursday as I think Merrick just penciled himself in for that day already. Unless we want to try to knock out two in one day? Never mind, dumb idea!!! I want to work from home 2 days, not 1... LOL

Unread 03-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #22387
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Here, how about one of me crashing when I was probably about 14 or 15 judging by the bike I was on...

Dude, you're not supposed to tell us you're crashing, you're supposed to say you landed an incredibly difficult jump.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #22388
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Sold! Let me talk with the bossman in the morning to nail down details. Can you do it one day next week or the following? Any day except Thursday as I think Merrick just penciled himself in for that day already. Unless we want to try to knock out two in one day? Never mind, dumb idea!!! I want to work from home 2 days, not 1... LOL
I'm thinking maybe Monday? I'll need a quiet place to call my boss and tell them I'm sick at about noon, if we're not done yet. Otherwise, let me know which day. I'd like to take pic and some video as well for my build thread.
Unread 03-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #22389
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Dude, you're not supposed to tell us you're crashing, you're supposed to say you landed an incredibly difficult jump.
LOL, nope, next picture in that sequence would've been a face full of dirt!

This is the type of shot I was going for in that picture. The problem is I wasn't expecting the rear tire to hook up and wheelie out straight from the middle a turn! You can see from the dust trail I had come in from the left side of the picture and spun it 90 degrees when all of a sudden the front lifted and my momentum was still turning though which is why I'm on my way over high siding. LOL You can tell it's soft dirt and I should've had one of those great roost type shots from it! Look at the powder poofing up where my foot's planted as I'm trying to keep the bike up. It's a SOFT berm, the darn tire just hooked up too good! LOL

Quote:
I'm thinking maybe Monday? I'll need a quiet place to call my boss and tell them I'm sick at about noon, if we're not done yet. Otherwise, let me know which day. I'd like to take pic and some video as well for my build thread.

Okay, I'll mention it to the bossman. Hopefully he doesn't just think I'm using it as an excuse to pretend I'm working but rather taking a 3 day weekend. LOL Merrick said Monday or thursday for his and I told him thursday cause of that reason. LOL I'm sure he'll be fine with it, he'll just give me some sarcastic crap over it.

No problem on the vids or pictures, heck maybe you'll catch something I miss or screw up that I'll need a copy of a picture for. LOL

Unread 03-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #22390
sirhk100

Oh and power, no problem on the quiet place to call in and snivel and sneeze. LOL I'm sure my dog will be quiet for a couple minutes at least. I have no clue how long the install will be. I'm expecting yours to be problem free. I will be bringing 2 home with me, one will be brand new off the shelf and another is a return that simply says "does not fit" whatever that means. I'm hoping along the way we can figure out why this one was returned and then button it up with the new one off the shelf.

On the other hand... I'm actually hoping for the problem on Merrick's. LOL

Unread 03-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #22391
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Oh and Andy, I don't mean to point you out of the crowd cause I honestly would just text you and say bring yours by and lets do it but honestly, I'd rather give it to someone that's going to be keeping their jeep and I know yours is short term. Sorry bud, no hard feelings... It's not going to make or break your jeep sale.
I was out long before this. I had to replace cats about a year ago so while my exhaust is basically the same as it was from the factory, there are some changes. I can tell you that the flange from header to exhaust is a ***** to get to and if it hasn't been apart before, the bolts are likely to break rather than spin.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #22392
sirhk100

Power, start spraying all the head bolts on the exhaust and intake and that flange with penetrating oil now!!!! LOL Do it every day between now and then!

You too Merrick!!!!

Unread 03-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #22393
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Merrick, you need a header right? I'm in need of a 99 specifically and I think that's what year yours is. Read below, this applies to you too cause of your specific model year! Yours might not be a straight forward install though and may involve a hammer or a grinder, won't know till we do it, that's the reason for using your specific model year though!

Sorry guys... Unless someone else has a '99, then I'll open up the offer below to whoever can out bribe Merrick! LOL

For the rest of you though!!!

I'll bite... I've gotta clear some details with the bossman in the morning but I'm betting he'll be fine with what I have up my sleeve.

Anyone want a free exhaust header? What's the catch you say? Keep reading...

Must be a '00-'06 TJ, 6 cylinder with 100% stock exhaust in front of the muffler. Also, must be able to do the install at my house in my driveway on a weekday in the next week or two. Also must be able to be at my house earlyish to get started on it. 7-8am arrival time, when we're done, we're done. Also must be willing to help out! I'm not doing the whole install myself, sorry! I'm down to get dirty and do the work but you're getting a free header out of the deal so some extra hands would be nice. LOL You also have to be willing to deal with me taking pictures of virtually every step along the way.

Now why am I offering this? What's the hidden agenda? Well, really not much... We've got headers that we sell but in all honesty, we've never done an actual install. It's a product that we buy from a manufacturer and sell under our product name. We've had less then a 1% return on them. Basically as simple as it gets, on the 00-06 model specifically I want to see first hand that they fit with no problems. (There's a different hidden agenda on the 99 model I mention above with Merrick) We also don't have install instructions so if I'm doing it I might as well take the photos and notes to knock them out along the way.

Last and far from least, owner of jeep must arrive with cold 12 pack of mtn dew!

First come first serve, right now other then the '99 specific offer, it's only open to 1 owner with a 00-06 model.

Oh and Andy, I don't mean to point you out of the crowd cause I honestly would just text you and say bring yours by and lets do it but honestly, I'd rather give it to someone that's going to be keeping their jeep and I know yours is short term. Sorry bud, no hard feelings... It's not going to make or break your jeep sale.

What I need to clear with the boss is just verify he's cool with me doing this at my house rather then here at work. Our tool selection here at work blows compared to what I have at my house so I'd rather do it there to lessen the frustration. Cause I'm doing it at home, I'll be solo which is why I would like your help on the install. The other thing I need to clear with the bossman is what we'll do if for whatever reason the header turns out to not fit, or the rest of your exhaust doesn't mount up to the flange or something. Are we paying for an exhaust shop to fix it or do I have to pull it back out and put the stocker back in? Basically I want to clarify details first.

No clue cause I know I sure wasn't raised with it.
Why no love for Cherokees???

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #22394
sirhk100

Cause you guys don't spend the money! You might think you do but really... You don't... In all honesty though, these headers should work on yours too but we market them to the TJ guys which is why I'm specifically checking on a TJ. I'm not picking on you though, the TJ guys will probably see more and more products phased out fairly soon. I promise, everyone one of you thinks your specific vehicle has the biggest and best group of followers but when it comes down to it, the newest model on the market always has the biggest spenders and highest number of purchases. I can argue it both ways but the numbers don't lie. I've been in the aftermarket auto industry for 11 years now and it's always the same. As soon as a new model of whatever vehicle it is hits the market, your old sales see a big drop and that new one explodes. Whether it's a F150 getting a full update or the JK replacing the TJ in the Jeep wrangler line. JK is going to own the aftermarket support until whatever's next is released. At that point, you're really going to see TJ stuff fall off the market. When was the last time you saw new YJ stuff being developed other then by the hardcore niche market guys? We did a hood hold down for the YJ specifically but I fought hard to get that and it was only cause our sales on the TJ and JK ones are so strong that they were willing to take the investment chance on the YJ guys. If the YJ guys start buying I'll fight to get them for the CJ's next...

It's just the way it is... Cherokee's have never really shown the sales numbers the wranglers pull hence the lack of love. Sorry!!! Try buying a ford exploder if you really want to see a lack of aftermarket support! HAHAHA Thank god for ford rangers!

My mindset honestly isn't the truth... In my mind I think the older cheaper vehicles should have better aftermarket sales cause if I buy a $2000 rig shouldn't I have money left over to dump into it vs. the guy that just dropped $30K on a 2013? I think so... Then again, we just finished the fact that I live within my means. Most those people buying those $2000 rigs bought it cause they couldn't afford a $2500 rig. The dude buying the $30K rig financed it and has some extra cash to blow on it on top of that monthly payment.

The sales figures have always supported it which is why it's that way. Until the sales figures don't support it, it's probably not going to change.

Previous to this I did design for Performance Auto Group in Chino Valley (perfomance accessories/body lifts, trailmaster suspensions/lift kits, OR Fab/most you know them) before that gig I was designing lift kits for RCD Suspensions in San Diego. Funny that around the middle of '05 all of trailmasters new lifts starting looking a lot like RCD's suspensions!!!! LOL Hmmmmmm, wonder why they hired me? Walking into "traildisaster" from "really crappy design suspensions" or "raunchy c#nt discharge suspensions" in san diego was scary! Traildisaster's old kits were flat out scary!!! They had a Chevy S10 lift and a older 4wd toyota pickup lift that seriously should've killed people! I don't see how anyone never was killed by those kits! First thing I did walking in the door was convince them to flat out throw away almost half of their product line cause it was so sketchy!

Unread 03-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #22395
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Power, start spraying all the head bolts on the exhaust and intake and that flange with penetrating oil now!!!! LOL Do it every day between now and then!

You too Merrick!!!!
I already have a stock replacement header I installed right before moving to Vegas like 2 years ago, so we should be good, but I'll hit them with some PB Blaster.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.