Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1492 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #22366
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

and tits?
Tits are good too!

Sent from my Imagination

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #22367
sirhk100

Quote:
dude, we already covered this, you're a master of credit and money, and you are amazing.
BTW, I'm far from that cause if I was my house here in Vegas would be less then 5 years from being paid off but I have put an extra $500 towards it for the last 2 months and hope to keep doing that for the next 8 years.

But what I do feel I'm good at is the very simple action of looking at something and knowing if I can or can't actually afford it. If i can't I look at it, think damn, I wish I could have that, and I move on. That's the INSANELY SIMPLE concept that I don't understand why it seems like the rest of the country can't grasp including our gov and politicians.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #22368
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
So what is everyone doing this weekend? My first official weekend having the kids by myself and I don't want to stay home and have them trash the house.
Shooting Sunday
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #22369
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
BTW, I'm far from that cause if I was my house here in Vegas would be less then 5 years from being paid off but I have put an extra $500 towards it for the last 2 months and hope to keep doing that for the next 8 years.

But what I do feel I'm good at is the very simple action of looking at something and knowing if I can or can't actually afford it. If i can't I look at it, think damn, I wish I could have that, and I move on. That's the INSANELY SIMPLE concept that I don't understand why it seems like the rest of the country can't grasp including our gov and politicians.
did you know mexico pays for everything in cash? Novel concept for a government huh?

"we need a new road here"

"we'll put it on the list"

flash forward 5 years

"Here's your new road people. Here's a check for the work that was done, mr. contractor"

Its the American mindset of instant gratification without consideration of long term effects. Where that came from, i dont know.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #22370
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

did you know mexico pays for everything in cash? Novel concept for a government huh?

Its the American mindset of instant gratification without consideration of long term effects. Where that came from, i dont know.
Mexico is also classified as a third-world country. For a multitude of other non related issues.

The American mindset comes from the "me first" mentality. People aren't courteous anymore. No one gives a ish about anyone but themselves. It's a ticking time bomb honestly. Just ponder it. It also seems to be a common trend on this forum of attacking people for posting opinions and practices. If it works for you, go with it. Marn, get a credit card, and Khris, get a smart phone! Lol you guys know you don't need those things, and it's great for you. Others may disagree, and that's fine. If you don't like it, don't read it not respond to posts about it. It sucks that others feel the need to belittle you for those decisions.
The same mentalities can be seen in every political issue. "You have guns, I don't like guns, so no one but the cops should have guns. Lets ban guns!"
"You have money, I don't, and don't wanna work for it. Lets get more welfare programs so I can have more for free!"
"You like jeeping in the wilderness. It hurts animals and uses lots of gas. Lets close off road trails to everything but foot traffic. It's how they live originally and it's a pure existence(in hippie voice)"
If someone says or does something you don't agree with or find offensive....don't read, listen, look at it and mind your own business. If it isn't hurting you, EFF OFF!
My two cents, carry on!
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #22371
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, and Dmgiff, hit me up, need to run a couple ideas by you. Nothing too important nor pressing. (I think your ignoring my emails and texts)
Unread 03-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #22372
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

wow power. The fact that you think some of the things people say on here offends people just offends me.

I honestly can't think of a single time that I was offended on here. Maybe it is just that I don't give a rats arse what is said on the internet. I have met most of you and I know that you guys are cool, so therefore I take everything on here as mostly joking. I think this place would be very boring if we all go along and talked about starbucks, iphones, and other hipster stuff. Heck just think about how boring it would be in here if Khris did not post up all of the pictures of his stuff. Just to make sure that Khris is reading this could you post another picture of the motorcycle jumping over the Jeep?
Unread 03-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #22373
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have four patches of this grass. I don't want them anymore. I have other plans for their locations. Can anyone use them. They're cool and all, but I just don't want them. Whoever wants them, come dig them up and bring me a rose bush or some coronas or something we can figure out. Or just take them. Whatever. Otherwise, I'll take them to my parents' house or trash em.
As can be seen, the dogs like to make them beds. They may or may not survive. They've been in full western direct sun and seen to do fine.
image-3995262615.jpg   image-2817091752.jpg   image-3739743526.jpg   image-3136493311.jpg  
Unread 03-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #22374
sirhk100

Merrick, you need a header right? I'm in need of a 99 specifically and I think that's what year yours is. Read below, this applies to you too cause of your specific model year! Yours might not be a straight forward install though and may involve a hammer or a grinder, won't know till we do it, that's the reason for using your specific model year though!

Sorry guys... Unless someone else has a '99, then I'll open up the offer below to whoever can out bribe Merrick! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
So, how about them Jeeps??

Sent from my Imagination

For the rest of you though!!!

I'll bite... I've gotta clear some details with the bossman in the morning but I'm betting he'll be fine with what I have up my sleeve.

Anyone want a free exhaust header? What's the catch you say? Keep reading...

Must be a '00-'06 TJ, 6 cylinder with 100% stock exhaust in front of the muffler. Also, must be able to do the install at my house in my driveway on a weekday in the next week or two. Also must be able to be at my house earlyish to get started on it. 7-8am arrival time, when we're done, we're done. Also must be willing to help out! I'm not doing the whole install myself, sorry! I'm down to get dirty and do the work but you're getting a free header out of the deal so some extra hands would be nice. LOL You also have to be willing to deal with me taking pictures of virtually every step along the way.

Now why am I offering this? What's the hidden agenda? Well, really not much... We've got headers that we sell but in all honesty, we've never done an actual install. It's a product that we buy from a manufacturer and sell under our product name. We've had less then a 1% return on them. Basically as simple as it gets, on the 00-06 model specifically I want to see first hand that they fit with no problems. (There's a different hidden agenda on the 99 model I mention above with Merrick) We also don't have install instructions so if I'm doing it I might as well take the photos and notes to knock them out along the way.

Last and far from least, owner of jeep must arrive with cold 12 pack of mtn dew!

First come first serve, right now other then the '99 specific offer, it's only open to 1 owner with a 00-06 model.

Oh and Andy, I don't mean to point you out of the crowd cause I honestly would just text you and say bring yours by and lets do it but honestly, I'd rather give it to someone that's going to be keeping their jeep and I know yours is short term. Sorry bud, no hard feelings... It's not going to make or break your jeep sale.

What I need to clear with the boss is just verify he's cool with me doing this at my house rather then here at work. Our tool selection here at work blows compared to what I have at my house so I'd rather do it there to lessen the frustration. Cause I'm doing it at home, I'll be solo which is why I would like your help on the install. The other thing I need to clear with the bossman is what we'll do if for whatever reason the header turns out to not fit, or the rest of your exhaust doesn't mount up to the flange or something. Are we paying for an exhaust shop to fix it or do I have to pull it back out and put the stocker back in? Basically I want to clarify details first.

Quote:
No clue cause I know I sure wasn't raised with it.

Unread 03-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #22375
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I have four patches of this grass. I don't want them anymore. I have other plans for their locations. Can anyone use them. They're cool and all, but I just don't want them. Whoever wants them, come dig them up and bring me a rose bush or some coronas or something we can figure out. Or just take them. Whatever. Otherwise, I'll take them to my parents' house or trash em.
As can be seen, the dogs like to make them beds. They may or may not survive. They've been in full western direct sun and seen to do fine.
looks like lilly turf to me.

decent plant. look good around the bases of palms and whatnot.

transplanting will be a craps shoot tho, those 3 look kinda junky (no offense) and stressed, likely wont survive.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 03-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #22376
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

No clue cause I know I sure wasn't raised with it.
me neither!

let me know when you start selling AMC headers haha, I'll be first in line.

Quote:

Unread 03-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #22377
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Just to make sure that Khris is reading this could you post another picture of the motorcycle jumping over the Jeep?
I don't own nor have I ever owned any of these things you mention! I'm still learning to read!

And I can't remember every being offended by anything anyone on here has ever said. I don't understand a lot of others and question them but have never once been offended and I don't judge either. I don't believe in god yet find speaking with believers awesome cause it's really interesting to me. Same with addicts, I've never been one so I find hearing about their issues fascinating cause it's such a foreign concept to me. Same with living out of your means, if you can't afford it, why did you buy it? That's a crazy concept to me and I find it interesting that people do it. Simple as that... If you think I'm calling you stupid or dumb or something, I appologize! A lot of my comments have a sarcastic I'm superior undertone, it's my way of typing...

BTW, all you jeep owners are dumb!!!! I've already got Andy drinking the coolaid!!! Who's next? LOL

Unread 03-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #22378
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
wow power. The fact that you think some of the things people say on here offends people just offends me.
When I said "you" it was a collective public "you" we all have the same basic views on stuff. If I have ever been offended, and I can't think of when I was, I just read it, and took it as opinion and moved on. People too often feel that they should be compensated for being offended. Compensation should only be given I real damage has occurred. People need to stop being sensitive about a lot of issues. We all take jokes in here, but when the same, lame old jokes and insults pop up repeatedly, it gets more annoying than offensive. I know most of it is good old fashioned ribbing, but hen the same topics of jabbing are beat like a dead horse, it's lame. We all seem to be a pretty close knit group and any of us would likely drop everything to help each other out for no compensation, and that is completely awesome! I'm glad I found this forum because I have made some great friends and had some great times with everyone here.
Long winded story short, ribbing is ok, but sheesh, get over it and move on from the same topics of attack. Khris doesn't want a smart phone. Stop attacking his resistance to getting something he doesn't feel he needs. Marn doesn't want a credit card, see above. Puck has his own ideas about what he wants to do with his rig with the money he has, let him be. Give opinions, but don't berate him if you feel he is going about it the wrong way. Be supportive!
Unread 03-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #22379
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
I don't own nor have I ever owned any of these things you mention!

And I can't remember every being offended by anything anyone on here has ever said. I don't understand a lot of others and question them but have never once been offended and I don't judge either. I don't believe in god yet find speaking with believers awesome cause it's really interesting to me. Same with addicts, I've never been one so I find hearing about their issues fascinating cause it's such a foreign concept to me. Same with living out of your means, if you can't afford it, why did you buy it? That's a crazy concept to me and I find it interesting that people do it. Simple as that... If you think I'm calling you stupid or dumb or something, I appologize! A lot of my comments have a sarcastic I'm superior undertone, it's my way of typing...

BTW, all you jeep owners are dumb!!!! I've already got Andy drinking the coolaid!!! Who's next? LOL
I've had a ranger for 2 years now. I get no love?

Quote:

Unread 03-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #22380
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I wanna header!!! I'll call in sick to do it!!! Let me know!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.