Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1490 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #22336
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
4x your yearly salary? Why are you in debt again if that's the case? (might want to check your math and decimal points again!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I think he missed a zero

Misspelled and auto corrected on my phone
whoops

No, i just make 375k a year and still have $500 in credit card debt.

Speaking of which, credit card will be paid off this month! Woo!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #22337
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
New rear end layout on the race truck. Looks better but I don't like it. Functionally it sucks... Good luck getting the rear jack out! It involves climbing up into the jungle gym. Yes Merrick, I ended up going with your idea on location, my place just wouldn't work once I got everything else laid out.
I agree that it looks better but at an extreme loss of functionality. I think I would have argued with Jason about that one. The truck worked and worked well at the race. We missed finishing by a total of 14 minutes with what 4 tire changes? With the way it is now, you would have been closer to 30 minutes too late.

I can also second the need to trim the studs down a bit or carry an electric impact. We weren't ready to change that first tire in the pits so we did it by hand. My forearms were burning after that from turning the lugnuts for so damned long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
YES! My idea came to be! It looks good there even if it is a PITA to get to. Just one more reason to make Andy's jump seat! Hah
THIS!!!! Make this happen NOW! I'll change the damn tires!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #22338
sirhk100

Or Marn's holding out on us all... Maybe we need to go check out the porsche or more exotic car forums to see where else he's posting and what else he's driving that he hasn't told us about!

Maybe he's like this other douchy kid here in vegas that's always crying about being broke and having to work at pepboys and stuff yet posts pictures of him working on his truck in his garage at home where he still lives at his parents house.

And then people started pointing out the stuff in the picture that makes it look like their family is far from broke considering nobody I know has a hoist in their garage or even a garage big enough for a hoist. Oh, and ignore the lambo in a bubble in the background! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #22339
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
whoops

Only $500 right with that $375K income! LOL I know it's gotta be hard to find that extra $500! LOL

BTW, Mine too!!!! I spent a whole whopping $300ish on it this month so it'll be paid in full once again for like the 80bajillionth month in a row. LOL

Unread 03-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #22340
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
THIS!!!! Make this happen NOW! I'll change the damn tires!
You sure? We were talking about putting a rear facing seat hanging off the rear bumper with harnesses to strap you on for tire changes and you could also have a helmet wired so you could tell us when people were coming up behind so we'd know to move over.

Unread 03-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #22341
sirhk100

Quote:
My forearms were burning after that from turning the lugnuts for so damned long.
Try it with full gear and helmet on in the middle of a canyon on that 3rd lap with no food since dinner the night before! LOL

Unread 03-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #22342
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You sure? We were talking about putting a rear facing seat hanging off the rear bumper with harnesses to strap you on for tire changes and you could also have a helmet wired so you could tell us when people were coming up behind so we'd know to move over.
Don't forget he also gets "used" as the rear bumper since he is attached to it. Its like when your mom vacuumed under your feet while you sat on the couch, only this time it will be lift your legs this nerf is about to light you up. haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #22343
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Would I get a parker pumper? Might get dusty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Don't forget he also gets "used" as the rear bumper since he is attached to it. Its like when your mom vacuumed under your feet while you sat on the couch, only this time it will be lift your legs this nerf is about to light you up. haha
If they got out of the way fast enough, this wouldn't be a problem. If not, I think I am just going to carry a stick so that if we did get nerfed I could shove the stick through the competitors radiator before they took me out. LOL

Quote:
Try it with full gear and helmet on in the middle of a canyon on that 3rd lap with no food since dinner the night before! LOL
Hey, you ate a cookie or two in the pits. I saw you!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #22344
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

whoops

Good for you man. Now the trick to never have it happen again.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #22345
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Good for you man. Now the trick to never have it happen again.
it cant happen, i dont have credit cards anymore! chopped em up long ago.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 03-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #22346
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Even better!
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #22347
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

cash only now. fo-eva!

Anyway, gonna head up to sportsmand whorehouse here on my lunch break (even though i dont technically have a lunch break) to see what they got in today.

Unread 03-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #22348
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
it cant happen, i dont have credit cards anymore! chopped em up long ago.
What happens if you're in a bind/emergency where you don't have the cash to cover it? Say for instance you're on a trip and your engine blows up in Montana or something?

I still don't see why the need to actually not have any credit card. Do you have zero self control when it comes to spending or something?

Unread 03-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #22349
sirhk100

Quote:
Would I get a parker pumper? Might get dusty.

If they got out of the way fast enough, this wouldn't be a problem. If not, I think I am just going to carry a stick so that if we did get nerfed I could shove the stick through the competitors radiator before they took me out. LOL

Hey, you ate a cookie or two in the pits. I saw you!

will a bandana wrapped around your face work?

Good luck getting to their radiator! LOL, not to mention most of the TT's and class 1 cars they're in the back.

I think that was out at the lake bed but maybe I'm wrong. Either way you're right, I had I think 2 cookies. It was only supposed to be a 3 hour tour!

Unread 03-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #22350
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am not going to lie, I have a balance on my CC. It will be paid of in a few months. I always hit up the 0% offers at Sam's club too... then milk it out with minimum payment until it is about to run out then pay it off in full. Heck even our living room furniture is at 0% for another 3 years through Lazy Boy. We don't have much money but we have tons of credit and know how to use it to our advantage.

From my side, I say that you need a credit card. I would never rent a car, buy online, or anything like that with my check card. If something goes wrong, oh well I still have my money in my checking/savings account and I just file a complaint.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.