Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1489 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 03-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #22321
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Hey Khris what's this
A dune buggy with a truck body on it that anyone can rent and drive themself on tours or races.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #22322
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Also what's a set of 4 33x1050 KM2's with like 60%+ tread left on a set of black steelies worth?
400ish
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #22323
sirhk100

Marn, if you want to drive that thing go here... give them the girls credit card info and tell them thanks.

http://www.vore.com/

Unread 03-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #22324
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Stuff always scares me when it says "Call for pricing"
Unread 03-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #22325
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
That's when you realize that "if you have to ask, you can't afford it!" I hate being poor. 50k a year is considered lower middle class. You're not middle middle class until you're around 175-200k! What do these people do for a living?!
Unread 03-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #22326
sirhk100

LOL, it will probably scare you when you call...

For reference... Check out this page...

http://www.drivenexperiences.com/pro-baja-trucks/

Want to race the Mint 400 in one? I emailed them a while back outta morbid curiosity...

Quote:
Khris,
The cost to run the Mint 400 is $27,000 for the whole truck. This includes everything other than your lodging. We are more than willing to split the costs between 2 or 3 interested parties as it is a long and grueling race. We will also have one of our “Pro” trucks running which we will have co-rider seats available for significantly less cost. Keep in touch with me if you are interested and we can design a program that fits your particular goals.
Regards,
Nathan

Nathan,

Thank you for the quick reply! Not having any idea what the ballpark pricing would be I will say that $27K is out of my financial price range for sure. You do mention co-rider seats being available for significantly less though? What’s the price range on those run?

Thanks,
Khris

Khris,
We have an open co-rider seat this weekend for the Battle at Primm race. Typically the co-rider would pay the entry fee and fuel. I can get you in the truck both days for $1200. Let me know what you think.
Nathan

To put that $1200 in perspective, that would've got you a little over 2 hours total in the passenger seat of the truck at the race at stateline 2 weekends ago.

This literally could've been you or me in that helmet!

If it was a pro driver behind the wheel like robby gordon, cameron steel, rob mac, baldwin, etc... I'd honestly consider dropping $1200 to ride shotgun but in this case the driver was likely to be a renter also so who's to say if they're even a good enough driver to give you the fun that you'd be paying for.

Personally, a better deal would be with Pistol Pete. He often sells the 3rd seat of his trophy truck in races. He typically sells it for the cost of fuel. Want to race the baja 1000 in a trophy truck? Hit him up!!! BTW, race gas in mexico for this weekend's race is $12/gallon and TT's get about 2-3 mpg. 1000miles/2mpg= 500 gallons, 500gallons x $12/gallon= $6000 if you want to ride shotgun in the baddest offroad race in north america. BTW, if I was going to bet, Pistol will break and you won't even go the whole distance but it'll most likely be one of the raddest experiences of your life! And for 5 times the price of the above offer, you get to race the baja 1000 which if you finish will get you minimum 18 hours in the truck and Pete normally lets you prerun with them which is a week or so of insane fun seeing amazing scenery and eating and drinking at amazing locations all the way down the peninsula.

On another note...

Page 29, got a little exposure in the truck. Looks like I'm in the driver's seat in the picture too since my helmet is white and jason's in black!

http://issuu.com/awodigitaledition/d...ode=doublePage

Unread 03-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #22327
sirhk100

Or there was this option as well... But you're too late, the race was in Jan. Maybe we all could've chipped in and shared it? LOL

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...tails&id=38156

Unread 03-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #22328
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
A dune buggy with a truck body on it that anyone can rent and drive themself on tours or races.
Quote:
Marn, if you want to drive that thing go here... give them the girls credit card info and tell them thanks.

http://www.vore.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
That's when you realize that "if you have to ask, you can't afford it!" I hate being poor. 50k a year is considered lower middle class. You're not middle middle class until you're around 175-200k! What do these people do for a living?!
Quote:
LOL, it will probably scare you when you call...

For reference... Check out this page...

http://www.drivenexperiences.com/pro-baja-trucks/

Want to race the Mint 400 in one? I emailed them a while back outta morbid curiosity...

To put that $1200 in perspective, that would've got you a little over 2 hours total in the passenger seat of the truck at the race at stateline 2 weekends ago.

This literally could've been you or me in that helmet!

If it was a pro driver behind the wheel like robby gordon, cameron steel, rob mac, baldwin, etc... I'd honestly consider dropping $1200 to ride shotgun but in this case the driver was likely to be a renter also so who's to say if they're even a good enough driver to give you the fun that you'd be paying for.

Personally, a better deal would be with Pistol Pete. He often sells the 3rd seat of his trophy truck in races. He typically sells it for the cost of fuel. Want to race the baja 1000 in a trophy truck? Hit him up!!! BTW, race gas in mexico for this weekend's race is $12/gallon and TT's get about 2-3 mpg. 1000miles/2mpg= 500 gallons, 500gallons x $12/gallon= $6000 if you want to ride shotgun in the baddest offroad race in north america. BTW, if I was going to bet, Pistol will break and you won't even go the whole distance but it'll most likely be one of the raddest experiences of your life! And for 5 times the price of the above offer, you get to race the baja 1000 which if you finish will get you minimum 18 hours in the truck and Pete normally lets you prerun with them which is a week or so of insane fun seeing amazing scenery and eating and drinking at amazing locations all the way down the peninsula.

On another note...

Page 29, got a little exposure in the truck. Looks like I'm in the driver's seat in the picture too since my helmet is white and jason's in black!

http://issuu.com/awodigitaledition/d...ode=doublePage
holy jeebus!

27k?

Yeah, sure, let me give you about 60% of what i make in a year haha

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #22329
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
400ish
K, sort of what i figured, about 100 bucks a tire/wheel?

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 03-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #22330
sirhk100

Marn, lol, make sure you see the tiny post I squeezed in right above yours! LOL

Unread 03-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #22331
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

WOW I could not imagine having that much coin to drop on a ride along for one race then have nothing to show for aside from a memory afterwards. That is almost the price of a new Rubicon and you would still have a Rubicon the following weekend. And to think that i had trouble dropping $100 on one meal... just to crap it out the next day.
Unread 03-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #22332
sirhk100

$27K, I could build myself a very competitive race truck with $27K to drop in parts alone. Jason is sitting in the $30-35K range for the truck in my garage but that's including $14K for the initial purchase of a 2004 Tacoma about 4 years ago... I could go pickup a cab and chassis for $1000 and be sitting at the same point we're at now with the same $ spent but would have a V8, TH400 and a linked rear suspension. Jason screwed up by starting with much too nice of a truck! LOL

The more I think about it I'd bet money that I could build a truck from scratch if I had $27K in my pocket that would run VERY close to the same lap times as that rental truck pictured above... It would only take stumbling on a the right motor package deal/price and a couple other key deals. With the right timing of some key deals I could easily pull it off... Heck, give me the $13K I'd need to put into my toyota to bump it to the $27K range and I promise you it would pretty much hang with that truck! Cause all I would do is go buy a T100 chassis and cab, LS, TH400, 3" bypass shocks front and rear and step up to 35 spline axles and spool in my rear axle housing! Toss me those parts and a stack of tubing to build a whole new truck and I'd be there. I think I could find all that stuff for less then $13K to be honest.

Unread 03-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #22333
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Marn, lol, make sure you see the tiny post I squeezed in right above yours! LOL
lol. even better, 4x my yearly salary

Quote:

Unread 03-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #22334
sirhk100

4x your yearly salary? Why are you in debt again if that's the case? (might want to check your math and decimal points again!)

Unread 03-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #22335
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I think he missed a zero

Misspelled and auto corrected on my phone

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.