Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1472 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Reply
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #22066
Puck81
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 1,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
too much offset.

would you like me to get into the nuances of AMC parts bin engineering to explain this?
Yes please.

Sent from my Imagination

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #22067
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,569
You know we would Marn. Lets hear it!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #22068
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,576
Nice that sucks
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #22069
Roobicon
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
hahahahah, okay guys, get this.


What do you get when you add 16.5 hours of driving, 775 miles, $115 in gas, and $400 in parts?
500 Sierra 168g HPBTs
__________________
2004 Roobicon
Clinging to my guns and my religion
Roobicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #22070
Garza
Web Wheeler
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,352
So I'm changing out every switch and outlet in my house to paddle stuff and tamper resistant outlets......and the last outlet bites me!!!! WTH?? Seriously whoever thought flathead fasteners was a good idea sucks!!! Phillips FTW!!
image-2600089877.jpg  
__________________
'05 LSJ
www.4lowparts.com

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!" BF
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #22071
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
So I'm changing out every switch and outlet in my house to paddle stuff and tamper resistant outlets......and the last outlet bites me!!!! WTH?? Seriously whoever thought flathead fasteners was a good idea sucks!!! Phillips FTW!!
That sucks. How did that happen?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #22072
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,576
Good thing that you have 9 more of those things just hanging around. Those stamped steel edges are nice and sharp.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #22073
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,670
I bet that Hurt like hell.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #22074
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Hey Khris, how hard would it be to make a wrap around rear bumper on a XJ? Something made of 2x4 or 2x6 steel, strong enough to act as a rock slider.

Sent from my Imagination
Somewhere between easy and impossible depending what you wanted to do and how crazy you wanted to get. Could be as simple as notching or pie cutting a section out and pounding it around till it meets up and weld it. If you show me a picture of what you're thinking I can probably get you a better idea/answer but with just that info it's hard for me to say anything.




Andy, no clue on the RCD gig... I need to give him a ring sometime and find out.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #22075
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
So I'm changing out every switch and outlet in my house to paddle stuff and tamper resistant outlets......and the last outlet bites me!!!! WTH?? Seriously whoever thought flathead fasteners was a good idea sucks!!! Phillips FTW!!
LOL, straight slot got a little crazy and stabbed you eh? I HATE when that happens!!!
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #22076
Puck81
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 1,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

Somewhere between easy and impossible depending what you wanted to do and how crazy you wanted to get. Could be as simple as notching or pie cutting a section out and pounding it around till it meets up and weld it. If you show me a picture of what you're thinking I can probably get you a better idea/answer but with just that info it's hard for me to say anything.

Andy, no clue on the RCD gig... I need to give him a ring sometime and find out.
I sent you an email with the link to the thread here on JF with something like what i want.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #22077
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 9,721
Ouch, that looks painful.
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #22078
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 9,721
Okay, here's the rundown.

There are 3 axles out there for this year range.

All Wide Track Cherokees got the same axles. (Dana 20 or Q-Trac didn't matter)
All J trucks got the same axles. (Dana 20 or Q-Trac didn't matter)
All Narrow Track Wagoneers/Cherokees got axles based on transfer case option.

the wide track cherokees used a rear Dana 44 that split the difference between the "centered" (still slightly offset) D44 on D20 rigs and the very offset D44 from Narrow Track Q-Trac wags/cheros

The j trucks have a longer wheel base so the difference is not an issue.

To further that, I will quote somebody from IFSJA

Quote:
That is an easy question, (if your mesurements are correct)

The WT (Cherokee) axle shares the same Left side axle lenght as a NT QT axle, and shares the same Right side axle lenght as a NT D-20 axle.

Plugging in the numbers
For the WT axle:
61/2 + 5" for left side = 35.5" Left side (to center of yoke)
61/2 - 5" for right side = 25.5" Right side
For the NT axle
59/2 +3.5 " For left = 33.0" left
59/2 -3.5 for right = 26.0"

(Note: something is off by 0.5" as the NT (D-20) right should = WT (all) right side
as they share the same axle part #)
But plugging along, (assuming correct measurements)
A NT QT will have a 59 - 35.5 right side lenght = 23.5"
or an offset of 6"

(Pretty sure my WT Cherokee is closer to 4.5" offset and QT NT are closer to 6.5" offset, but
either way the NT QT rigs have a pretty good offset)

So, issue is that I will likely run into problems because I am using the furthest offset axle.

-I cannot run WT axles under my truck because they will not fit with my tire/lift combo.

- I cannot regear my rear axle and run the D440 front because then I'd have 5 lug in the back and 6 lug up front.

- I cannot simply swap to ford F-150 outers up front because then i would have to regear my rear, and still run 5 lug wheels all around.

- I can theoretically re-drill my hubs in the back to run 6 lug, and regear my current rear axle.

- I can try to find an axle out of a 74-78 narrow track wag or chero with the tow package gearing.

- I can POSSIBLY run a Dana 18 rather than a dana 20. Waiting to confirm this. In that situation, i could swap the D18 guts into my D20 case, or i could run the stock D18 twin stick. I'd get twin stick and 2.46:1 low range rather than 2:1 low, so there may be an advantage there if it'll bolt up (concerned with bore size)
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 02:31 PM   #22079
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I sent you an email with the link to the thread here on JF with something like what i want.

Sent from my Imagination
email to what address? And was it sent recently?
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 02:34 PM   #22080
Puck81
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 1,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

email to what address? And was it sent recently?
A hotmail email.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.