Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 147 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 11-29-2011, 09:19 PM   #2191
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here's one of the many ore chutes in the mine. The black dots you see on the left support were the miners accounting system. For every ore cart sent through the chute, they would make a smudge mark from their carbide lamps.

img_4647.jpg  
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:22 PM   #2192
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Mrs. StupidBunny got the nerve to cross that plank first. She called me a "pu55y". That drop to the left went further than ours lights could spot.
img_4637.jpg  
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:23 PM   #2193
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here's a series of ladders than went up about 150 feet. My legs are killing me. That was a heck of a climb.
img_4641.jpg  
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #2194
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Last picture for now.

The climb was worth it. This was a huge stope. A stope is an area cleared into a cavern to remove whatever ore they wanted. When a stope cuts through the surface it becomes an open stope. Even shot wide from a distance I wasn't able to capture how huge this area was.
img_4606.jpg  
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #2195
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Made it home fine. We were planning on heading back there again in the morning, but my legs are already starting to swell up. Tomorrow is going to suck!
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:30 PM   #2196
Poison3DSpider

StupidBunny, thanks for the pictures. I always look forward to them.
Unread 11-29-2011, 09:35 PM   #2197
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

You're welcome. When I get some better anchors for my ropes, I'll be able to get into areas of mines that probably haven't been seen since they were mined. I'll be sure to post up whatever we find.

I could really use one of those Batman type of ropes he shoots into walls.
Unread 11-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #2198
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
You're welcome. When I get some better anchors for my ropes, I'll be able to get into areas of mines that probably haven't been seen since they were mined. I'll be sure to post up whatever we find.

You could just used M80's to open up little holes to put your anchors in.
Unread 11-30-2011, 01:23 AM   #2199
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
You could just used M80's to open up little holes to put your anchors in.
If you don't have M80's you can just shoot the holes with your pistol.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2011, 02:39 AM   #2200
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I've heard Ysb carries a hand cannon!
Unread 11-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #2201
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
If anyone needs repairs done to their soft-top go to West Charleston Auto Upholstery. This guy has made a role bar cover as well as sewn up and patched my soft top. He does great work and great prices. 702-870-4097 Just thought I would throw that out there, itís hard to find good service in this town.
Any chance of posting a picture how they fixed a tear in your soft top? Friend of mine is looking to have a tiny tear in a mustang conv. soft top fixed before it gets worse but doesn't know where to go. I looked around and pretty much was told they aren't something that's fixable while still looking cosmetically good...
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2011, 09:29 AM   #2202
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
You got any more hookups for 06 tj stuff? Would love to have some spare stuff lying around! Of course I'm willing to pay for it, just so long as it's reasonable prices.
Honestly I don't. I just kinda walk into deals by pure luck more often then not. It killed me cause about 2 months ago I had the chance to buy a complete '06 rubicon drivetrain for $2000. Motor, 6 sp. and the 4:1 case. Had 18K on the it and it was 100% complete down to the full exhaust and everything. The guy had done a full hemi swap and took everything out in one hit basically. I was too deep in another HUGE project 3 linking my other desert toy and couldn't justify having that motor/trans package laying around. That would've been a great swap!
Unread 11-30-2011, 09:32 AM   #2203
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
I'm only jealous of the fact you have a place to work on your rig. I had access to a full customizing shop when I lived in NC, sadly my apartment parking lot here, doesn't even compare. haha Good Luck with the swap, hope it works out.
LOL, I know the feeling. For the first year I lived here in Vegas I still had a fully furnished house with fully capable garage on 2 acres in northern Az. I was renting a room here. LOL It killed me just having to even pay to have my oil change let alone not being able to have my own stuff! I finally got a place of my own out here a few years ago now and have that az. property as a rental but I'd rather sell it!!! Ain't happening anytime soon though with the property market out here...
Unread 11-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #2204
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison3DSpider View Post
It can be done in a full size truck with 33s and a locker, but you will enjoy the trip a lot more in your Jeep.
LOL, not concerned about scratches in the truck that's for sure since it's got a high dollar do it yourself krylon paint job! LOL And as you can see it's not your "average" truck... It's always a tossup on jeep or truck to go play with cause if I truely don't need the front wheels for climbing over boulders the truck is actually usually more comfy!

And who says 2wd can't flex? LOL

Unread 11-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #2205
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post

Ditto with the above. By far some of the coolest pictures I see around the net. I show them to a coworker and he's diggin them too!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.