Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1458 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #21856
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Somebody here at work has kimchi. Seems to be a love it or hate it thing. I hate it. It ranks right up there with balut on my most disgusting foods in the world scale.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #21857
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

you crack me up puck. I am almost willing to bet you everything in my bank account that you still have that hose clamp holding up your passenger side window. I can come to this conclusion because of how long you drove with a piece of plastic on the window.
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #21858
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
Somebody here at work has kimchi. Seems to be a love it or hate it thing. I hate it. It ranks right up there with balut on my most disgusting foods in the world scale.
There are many different types and spice levels of kimchi, I wouldn't write it off completely, the **** is like Korean salsa, all different varieties.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:34 PM   #21859
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
you crack me up puck. I am almost willing to bet you everything in my bank account that you still have that hose clamp holding up your passenger side window. I can come to this conclusion because of how long you drove with a piece of plastic on the window.
Everything that is in his bank account, so like the $2 he has left after buying the lockers, haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:36 PM   #21860
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Like an aussie or lockrite locker.

Sent from my Imagination
speaking of which, seeing as i'm about to have a set of D44's sittin on saw horses on my back patio, should I toss one of them things in either end?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #21861
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I love me some kimchi!

especially when its fizzy! Mmmmmmm, fermented cabbage!

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #21862
sirhk100

Quote:
I really have no idea how that steering set-up could even hope to work.
LOL, in that case, when you buy your stock ford, just look under it, or come look at either exploder in my driveway before I build my new steering. It's a crappy stock ford design. Actually it's 100% fine for stock suspension and driving on the road, long travel and using all the suspension, it's ugly!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #21863
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
speaking of which, seeing as i'm about to have a set of D44's sittin on saw horses on my back patio, should I toss one of them things in either end?
No, YOU shouldn't... It wouldn't add anything to your dirt road cruising capability and just screw up your street driving. If you do it on the front, you'll be pushing on your dirt roads when in 4wd. (from what I hear, I haven't locked my hubs yet to go find out first hand) If you do one in the rear you'll probably love it in the dirt but it'll just piss you off on the street. I don't think you're "offroad" enough to actually enjoy the pros over the cons of going locked at either end. How often do you ever lift a tire in the air on yours or end up in soft where you actually are close to getting stuck? Just my opinion... Do as you please...

Unread 02-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #21864
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

No, YOU shouldn't... It wouldn't add anything to your dirt road cruising capability and just screw up your street driving. If you do it on the front, you'll be pushing on your dirt roads when in 4wd. (from what I hear, I haven't locked my hubs yet to go find out first hand) If you do one in the rear you'll probably love it in the dirt but it'll just piss you off on the street. I don't think you're "offroad" enough to actually enjoy the pros over the cons of going locked at either end. Just my opinion... Do as you please...
I agree. If you want a locker spend the cash for a selectable unit.

And Greg, yes i still have the hose clamp in place.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #21865
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
No, YOU shouldn't... It wouldn't add anything to your dirt road cruising capability and just screw up your street driving. If you do it on the front, you'll be pushing on your dirt roads when in 4wd. (from what I hear, I haven't locked my hubs yet to go find out first hand) If you do one in the rear you'll probably love it in the dirt but it'll just piss you off on the street. I don't think you're "offroad" enough to actually enjoy the pros over the cons of going locked at either end. How often do you ever lift a tire in the air on yours or end up in soft where you actually are close to getting stuck? Just my opinion... Do as you please...
numerous times I have been bested by situations where my open diffs just let a tire spin in loose gravel and i start to dig.

Seems to happen alot more with mt 5000 pound V8 truck than with my lil 4cyl TJ.

I was under the impression that auto lockers were quite well mannered on the road, and that especially in the front they are fairly unnoticeable unless you are driving on ice and snow or slippery street conditions, and also that they make a heck of a difference when you actually need it.

Unread 02-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #21866
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
There are many different types and spice levels of kimchi, I wouldn't write it off completely, the **** is like Korean salsa, all different varieties.
I looked it up once. There are over 180 different recognized types of kimchi. I have tried about 5. Each time I thought it was disgusting. However, I must admit that they were all in the North West region of South Korea so as it is made differently in different regions there might be something out there. As it sits, I stand by my original statement.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 02-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #21867
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

selectable lockers are the best of both worlds. You get the open diff on the road and locked for off road. There are a bunch of people that run a selectable in the front and a limited slip in the rear.
Unread 02-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #21868
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
selectable lockers are the best of both worlds. You get the open diff on the road and locked for off road. There are a bunch of people that run a selectable in the front and a limited slip in the rear.
a selectable will cost more than my jeep is worth, haha.

Unread 02-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #21869
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I was under the impression that auto lockers were quite well mannered on the road, and that especially in the front they are fairly unnoticeable unless you are driving on ice and snow or slippery street conditions, and also that they make a heck of a difference when you actually need it.
Auto lockers can be well mannered on the street. It all depends on the driver. A front auto locker is invisible on the street as an auto locker only locks when torque is applied to it. As Khris said, up front, they make the front end want to push when driven in 4WD. Out back, if you can teach yourself to not give it gas around corners, they are pretty invisible too. They have been known to unlock violently on the highway as the pressure from bind becomes too much for the springs to keep it locked. In a TJ with a flexy suspension it could be a problem. In a bigger rig, the effects are less noticable.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 02-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #21870
sirhk100

Quote:
numerous times I have been bested by situations where my open diffs just let a tire spin in loose gravel and i start to dig.
Do you air down and if so, do you air down low enough?

Quote:
A front auto locker is invisible on the street as an auto locker only locks when torque is applied to it.

As Khris said, up front, they make the front end want to push when driven in 4WD.

They have been known to unlock violently on the highway as the pressure from bind becomes too much for the springs to keep it locked.
I'm assuming he has manual hubs so on the street it shouldn't even be spinning.

Just what I've heard... I have no first hand experience, I could just go lock my front hubs and find out but I figure I'll know soon enough once the hoopty is built.

My 1st hand experience with the locrite... When not on the gas and turning they click very loud. They sometimes also bang hard when getting on the gas as they lock up. Loud enough that it'll scare the crap out of you and make you think something is wrong the first time it happens. If mid turn you let of the gas it'll pull you harder into the turn. If coasting into a turn and mid way you gas it, it'll bang and jerk you straighter out of the turn. Will you loose control? No... But I didn't let just anyone hop in and borrow my old jeep cause of the locker. Before, I didn't care who borrowed it. You have to know how to drive it cause it's not "normal"...

Also, if you're driving in the rain, be CAREFUL! I think a lot of people over exaggerate the affects of a locker on the road but when it's wet out, everything you've heard is true. It doesn't take much to accidentally end up sideways or backwards. Obviously rain here isn't often though...

Personally, from what I understand your usage of the waggy, I don't think it's a good move but again, it's your choice. Personally, I'd just air down lower and keep your speed up a bit more if possible in the soft.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.