Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1449 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #21721
sirhk100

The '07 SRT8 that we had here and bought brand new from the dealer came with a cigarette lighter plug in air compressor mounted where the spare tire should be...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #21722
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

uh, wouldn't an 07 be a concept?

08 was the first model year i thought.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #21723
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
The '07 SRT8 that we had here and bought brand new from the dealer came with a cigarette lighter plug in air compressor mounted where the spare tire should be...
Yep, some of them have run-flat's like the higher end sports cars.....if they don't, they have an air compressor hooked to some fix-a-flat stuff that you don't want to turn the compressor on unless you have it connected to the tire or your going to have a mess lol

On a side note, when people buy a new car, it would benefit them to read the owners manual so they know what methods/equipment THEIR car has in certain situations. I have a buddy in TX who bought some fancy $100,000+ BMW. He gets a flat and posts on his facebook.....buy a $100K car....doesn't have a spare. It was really funny when I commented 1st that he had run-flats and his response was....what's that?
Garza is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #21724
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
uh, wouldn't an 07 be a concept?

08 was the first model year i thought.
07, 08, whatever it was, don't bust my balls, I didn't own the car... It was whatever the first model year was.

This car...

The parts runners...

Unread 02-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #21725
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

My Mini came with runflats because there was no room for a spare. I can understand a mini, but a higher end sports car that has the space that is a joke. I hated my runflats. They where so unpredictable when pushed hard. With the firm sidewall you would be pushing and pushing, then it was like the sidewall would just bend over. It was not a subtle feeling either, it was rather violent. I prefer the feeling from a normal tire when you can feel it breaking loose and once it finally does beak loose it is sliding and not jerking like the runflat.
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #21726
sirhk100

I've driven all those cars above like a grandma so I didn't notice a difference between any of the tires on them. The the newer mustang and the challenger are supercharged, or I should say was supercharged since the challenger got sold to some dude in Germany about 6 months ago. I would've loved that motor in something with 37" tires where it could've actually been put to real use!!! LOL

Unread 02-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #21727
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I got out the dremel on the tire carrier and there is no doubt that the antenna is mount is grounding out now... but I still have a high SWR reading. The cable at radio shack looked cheaper than the stuff at Frys and way cheaper than the cable that I got off of Amazon. Next step is to try firestick coax and mount then a new meter. This is way more trouble than I though that it would be.

Does anybody know if any of the local truck stops carry firestick stuff.
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #21728
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Tire was junk. Split sidewall.

The search shall continue. No rush

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #21729
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I got out the dremel on the tire carrier and there is no doubt that the antenna is mount is grounding out now... but I still have a high SWR reading. The cable at radio shack looked cheaper than the stuff at Frys and way cheaper than the cable that I got off of Amazon. Next step is to try firestick coax and mount then a new meter. This is way more trouble than I though that it would be.

Does anybody know if any of the local truck stops carry firestick stuff.
I bought a fire stick from the truck stop out at bluediamond and the15. But that was a few years ago.
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #21730
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Tire was junk. Split sidewall.

The search shall continue. No rush
Try the mexi tire shops they sell used tires super cheap.
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #21731
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Puck, thanks for the help when I called.

Had a guy by the name of Brad broken down in his XJ at 95 & Durango. Blew an idler pulley and lost all his coolant on his way back from Mt Charleston. We replaced the idler pulley and re-routed the belt. After filling his coolant, he followed me to my house to let the Jeep idle long enough to open the thermostat. When it did, we found a leak in one of the heater hoses. Re-filled his coolant and sent him to Autozone to get a new one with instructions on fixing it. Also told him about the forum so we will see if he gets on here.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #21732
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj

Try the mexi tire shops they sell used tires super cheap.
Ill keep my eyes peeled, like I said no rush. Dunno when the axles will be on the jeep haha

Unread 02-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #21733
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

Had a guy by the name of Brad broken down in his XJ at 95 & Durango. Blew an idler pulley and lost all his coolant on his way back from Mt Charleston. We replaced the idler pulley and re-routed the belt. After filling his coolant, he followed me to my house to let the Jeep idle long enough to open the thermostat. When it did, we found a leak in one of the heater hoses. Re-filled his coolant and sent him to Autozone to get a new one with instructions on fixing it. Also told him about the forum so we will see if he gets on here.
Total stranger? That was nice of yu

Unread 02-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #21734
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

No problem Andy.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #21735
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Total stranger? That was nice of yu
Yeah, total stranger. Had a lifted XJ so figured he couldn't be all that bad.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.