Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1447 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 02-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #21691
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Does he install CBs too? If so text me his info plz
Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Mornin everybody
Good mornin sunshine.

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #21692
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

found a 33x10.50 spare on craigslist.

BFG at with 50-60% tread left.

is $30 bucks a normal price for a used tire like that? I just need a full size spare that i can throw in the back of my truck, i have a 32x11.50 now, so....i need something taller and narrower

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #21693
sirhk100

Yes, that's a fair price... I'm selling a brand spanking new one tonight for $75 but it's too wide for you.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #21694
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

:-( i saw that and it made me sad.

Cool, i'll see if i cant pick it up, its just going to sit inside the back of my truck or maybe up under it (wanna help me weld in pucks old spare tire dealy?)

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #21695
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
:-( i saw that and it made me sad.

Cool, i'll see if i cant pick it up, its just going to sit inside the back of my truck or maybe up under it (wanna help me weld in pucks old spare tire dealy?)
Glad i had something off my old POS that you could use.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #21696
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Glad i had something off my old POS that you could use.

Sent from my Imagination
well, not sure I can use it yet, but we're gettin there haha.

Unread 02-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #21697
sirhk100

Swing by with it sometime so I can see what's involved. I hate saying yes based on just a random vague description cause I don't want to get in over my head.

Speaking of in over their head... I know someone that just left for a short walk across america about 2 hours ago. Friggen insane! There's two of them doing it and this is their plan...

Unread 02-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #21698
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Swing by with it sometime so I can see what's involved. I hate saying yes based on just a random vague description cause I don't want to get in over my head.

Speaking of in over their head... I know someone that just left for a short walk across america about 2 hours ago. Friggen insane! There's two of them doing it and this is their plan...

I have no idea whats involved, likely just welding on a pin of some sort and fabing a small bracket for a bolt to hook into. I think that'd do it.

As for the walk, that would be pretty cool to do, or on a bicycle.

Unread 02-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #21699
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

How long do they think it will take them? That is a long hike!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #21700
sirhk100

They're hoping 15 miles per day and about 7 months to do it. Not that anyone really would care but they have a spot tracker with them that's set to update every 10 minutes on their location. I'm not sure how they have plans to charge it but you can see they're obviously not that far from the beach yet. LOL They just left like 2-3 hours ago.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...no4B10CfzKZzWo

This friend of mine that's doing it was the "bad influence" friend of mine from HS... I'm not going to mention the details of they type of trouble we used to get into. I lost touch with him which was probably a good thing since he eventually ended up on one of those great live car chases shown on the news in San Diego and did a decent amount of time in prison...

Unread 02-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #21701
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I was going to say, who the f can take 7 months off to walk across America.
Unread 02-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #21702
sirhk100

Someone without a job... I honestly was skeptical about the whole thing but considering for the last couple hours that tracker page has shown someone is moving slowly away from the beach in san diego I guess they're actually doing it. LOL It's just him and another dude doing the hike. I actually hadn't even heard from this dude in 10+ years and then a few months back outta the blue he hits me up on facebook. I chatted with him a bit to catch up but not exactly someone I'm probably going to become reacquainted with. I will say though, if he pulls this off, I'll be impressed! I'd think once you're a week or two into it, at that point you've already passed the point of easily quitting so...

Unread 02-19-2013, 12:52 PM   #21703
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

we'll see how far it gets haha. Thats pretty neat that it does that.

mine would end at the nearest bar.

Unread 02-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #21704
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
we'll see how far it gets haha. Thats pretty neat that it does that.

mine would end at the nearest bar.
LOL, I won't lie, I'm not holding my breath but we'll see. He says he's 3 years sober at this point and the other dude that's with him is an ex-addict that's like 5 years clean. They're hoping to somehow gather some attention and maybe raise some funds for charity. Who knows... I really only know the dude from the past and I'd call BS on this whole thing but 10+ years, some prison time, sobering up, who knows the type of person he is now. When I say he's a friend I guess I should say ex-friend really cause other then facebook I really don't know the dude now other then I can tell you a bunch of messed up stuff we used to do back in high school! LOL

Like rides in various cars owned by who knows who... Rides in cop cars with and without cops, etc... Did you know a spa can be blown up while you're away on vacation if there's some really messed up kids in your hood?

Unread 02-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #21705
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

sweet, should be picking up that tire after work provided the seller doesnt flake.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.