Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1441 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #21601
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr4x4

Are you talking about the springfield xd 45 3.3
I dunno what that is but they recently came out with a teeny tiny single stack xd in 45

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #21602
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You could also go with a Glock 30 or 36
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #21603
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I had a glock sub compact in .45 and I hated it. Kinda closed the glock brand altogether for me. I've heard mixed results on the xd-s. I've never handled one but I know Springfield backs their products with a TON of money for endorsements. With that said I carry the same xd .45 that Bonez does and I love it. But I've also heard mixed reviews on what Springfield is putting out as far as quality control esp with 1911's.
Just my opinion the best "truly" concealable weapon is the ruger LCP, LCR. Just my opinion but it is hard to beat a snub nose revolver from your brand of choice for concealment.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #21604
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Just some other manufacturer heads up. I was really excited to see Remington's 1911 BUT I've seen and handled 10-11 in different shops and the finish is TERRIBLE like bare metal awful.
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #21605
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Windy day at CCSP...

Wind played havoc with my target at 100 yds...damn thing kept moving back and forth. Five shots...one the left is two shots

Unread 02-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #21606
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Glock 36 or ruger lc9(9mm though) I was accurate with the 36 that I traded, but it is a bit of a pop! The lc9 is an awesome pistol all around! It's slightly larger than the LCP, with less recoil and quite accurate. The sights can be changed to night sights as well, whereas the LCP has fixed molded sights. Ideally, for com sealed carry, IMO would be the lc9 on the hip and the LCP as your backup on an ankle. Love my g17(thanks again for the trade) but its difficult to conceal. I'm getting to be more and more a fan of 9mm because its easier to control, more available ammo per magazine, cheaper to shoot, and with well placed shots, will accomplish the same goal! Also, less of a chance of the bullet going through the target.
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #21607
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I had considered a 9mm, but I like the idea of buying the same kind of ammo for more than one gun. I fired a LC9 and didn't much like it, but then again it was the first small framed firearm that I have tried, perhaps they all feel more or less the same?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #21608
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
I had considered a 9mm, but I like the idea of buying the same kind of ammo for more than one gun. I fired a LC9 and didn't much like it, but then again it was the first small framed firearm that I have tried, perhaps they all feel more or less the same?
What grip were you using when you tried it?
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #21609
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

What grip were you using when you tried it?
I tried the one you had showed me, but the trigger pull was WAY too long and overall was not comfortable. I put 5 rounds down the tube and called it quits.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #21610
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I dunno what that is but they recently came out with a teeny tiny single stack xd in 45
Yep thats the springfield xd 45 3.3 its a single stack I think its 7 rounds the xd 45 3.8 is 10 rounds the 3.8 is about the size of the glock30sf the slude is a little narrower s
Soon the glock 30s will be hitting the dealers its the glock 30sf with a glock 36 slide making it thinner

I was picking up ammo yesterday for my glock 30sf and saw 2 guns I wanted if I had the cash I would have had 2 guns follow me home
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #21611
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i've fired some compact .45's and didnt much care for it either. I dont even care for compact officer's frame 1911's really, unfortunately.

Not trying to sway anybody one way other other with this, but In my experience I've found that i prefer 9mm due to the ease of use in a 'small' weapon. I can still shoot my glock 19 all day, and i could shoot my SR9c which was even smaller all day and used that out at frontsight. (I know the 19 isnt compact, but its not full sized, easy enough for me to conceal, blah blah blah)

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #21612
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
i've fired some compact .45's and didnt much care for it either. I dont even care for compact officer's frame 1911's really, unfortunately.

Not trying to sway anybody one way other other with this, but In my experience I've found that i prefer 9mm due to the ease of use in a 'small' weapon. I can still shoot my glock 19 all day, and i could shoot my SR9c which was even smaller all day and used that out at frontsight. (I know the 19 isnt compact, but its not full sized, easy enough for me to conceal, blah blah blah)
I still kick myself for not scooping up your sr9c.
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #21613
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post
Wind played havoc with my target at 100 yds...damn thing kept moving back and forth. Five shots...one the left is two shots

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #21614
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Went to Ely for the weekend, the Honcho grew a stalagmite.

Aspen had fun!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #21615
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

bring it home already and lets get to wheelin!

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.