Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#28,782 ·
sirhk100 said:
Agree'd on the pricing structure, I'm sure it all depends who you ask the pricing from. I lost faith though in the one on flamingo when no matter what the price was, their maching didn't have the oomph to spin the tire onto the wheel. They had 3 joses trying to help manual spin the tire when the machine ran outta balls. BTW, I usually pay the trop store $20 per tire to mount and balance. That's 35" tires too.

Have you checked every flange and fitting point? I'm assuming you have... To me, simply sounds like air in the system but "could" be the master. Was it a new unit?

I've got a hand pump vacuum setup if you want to borrow it and don't have one. NOt sure if it's of any help but just tossing out the offer. Your only option to get it though is tonight or next week.
I have checked all fittings. None are leaking and as said no air was present in the system when bleeding.

The MC and booster were reman units. From what I have seen and read, not terribly uncommon for them to be DOA

#28,785 ·
matthew900 said:
I'm about to buy a privately sold car here in NV for the first time. What's the process here? Do we have to go to the DMV together like in KY, or can they just sign the title over which is how they do it in FL where I just moved from? Thanks!!
As long as the title is all filled out correctly you don't need the seller with you. If the seller signs the wrong place he will have to go to the DMV with you to straighten it out.

What did you buy?

Also sorry for posting so much lately I've been getting pretty sick of my job.

#28,786 ·
I have checked all fittings. None are leaking and as said no air was present in the system when bleeding.

The MC and booster were reman units. From what I have seen and read, not terribly uncommon for them to be DOA
On the race truck I messed with it and messed with it and messed with it and couldn't for the life of me get pedal when i put the new setup in it. Then my uncle comes over. Has me grab the engine hoist and I lift the rear of the truck a few feet into the air. We then bleed the brakes and they've worked perfectly ever since. The way the master sat it allowed for an air pocket to be trapped up past the line so with it sitting at ride it was not able to ever bleed out. Now granted, I didn't bench bleed the master cylinders when I did it.

Depending how your master is mounted, eventhough you bench bled is it possible something similar could be happening?

#28,787 ·
Anybody have any idea how to get spray foam packing material residue off a texture powder coated part?

Wood Rectangle Font Metal Games

Wood Auto part Font Glove Fashion accessory

Btw, Or-Fab's customer service sucks. Not only are these parts one that were missing in the original packaging, they are the wrong powder coat and are now all jacked up because they didn't wrap them properly before shipping them. On top of that i had to wait almost three weeks for the missing parts. That will be the last Or-Fab product I buy.

#28,788 ·
LOL, I've been cruising the forums at work to much myself as well due to boredom

I found a late 80's XJ that runs and drives with the 6 cylinder, auto trany, and 4x4 for only $600. My friend needs a car so I'm going to let them have it for the $600 or keep it if they decide to pass on it. I've been contemplating buying an XJ to build a stock class Jeep Speed race truck. Worst case scenario is they don't want it, I decide not to build a race truck, and I just fix it up and flip it for a profit.

#28,789 ·
As long as the title is all filled out correctly you don't need the seller with you. If the seller signs the wrong place he will have to go to the DMV with you to straighten it out.

What did you buy?

The guy just texted me and said he is going to the DMV to get a bill of sale. What is that for? He said he has a clean title. Is it something in addition to the title that I'll need?

#28,791 ·
#28,792 ·
So I still don't have brakes. I bled the system on Monday and they didnt work well.

I redid the bleed last night. I ran almost a full quart of fluid through it all by gravity.

No bubbles.

Same issue. Pedal is spongy but doesn't go all the way to the floor without vacuum. With vacuum the pedal goes to the floor and the truck doesn't stop well.

I also have a pedal that is slow to return so I suspect a faulty booster. However the brakes should work regardless of that.

I will be re-bench bleeding the MC tonight or tomorrow (tonight is the night of fire at the bullring) and if that doesn't fix it, it's gotta be a bad MC and or booster.
I personally have never had a lot of success with gravity bleeding, I have always used pressure bleeding (one person working the pedal, one working the wrench) and found success where the gravity bleed didn't work. Not saying that this is your issue, but something to consider next time you decide to bleed it. BTW - I would be happy to help with this if you need.

Post whore.

#28,793 ·
matthew900 said:
The guy just texted me and said he is going to the DMV to get a bill of sale. What is that for? He said he has a clean title. Is it something in addition to the title that I'll need?
Iirc the DMV does not require a bill of sale. Just a properly filled out title. I have always done a bill of sale to cover my butt

Posted from outer space.

#28,797 ·
Marn, do do you have disc all around?

Just some good notes I took from a brake master: :D

Quit pumping the pedal before you open the bleed screw.

Keep the reservoir full.

Open bleeder, have helper push the pedal to floor with authority and hold it there until you close the bleed screw.

Have helper let the pedal up slowly or about a 3 count from bottom to top.

Repeat until there is no more air present in the clear plastic tube you have from the bleed screw into your clear drain bottle.

#28,798 ·
^^^^ Yup, that's exactly how I grew up doing it. I actually never pump the pedal between close and open on the bleeder either. I have bleeder opened, press down pedal, hold till bleeder is closed, slowly let up, repeat... I never do the pump thing that a lot of people do. Typically have never had an issue with it either.

#28,800 ·
Well, regardless, there has been zero air bubbles in the lines.

If somebody wants to come over tomorrow and school me on it, i'd be happy to do all the hard work and use you as my helper.

Regardless of the soft pedal, i'm pretty sure i have a booster problem if not a mc problem too. Apparently getting a bum booster or MC from A1 Cardone isnt uncommon. ****ty thing is I have to remove the MC and the booster and mail them back to rock auto before they will sent a replacement, so i cannot tell if it's just the booster or the MC too. I guess i could go buy a MC for 17 bucks and throw that on the booster and mail it back, or bleed it and install it on my booster and see if that makes a difference, to eliminate the MC as the problem?

I dont really know what to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.