Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1440 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #21586
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
To be 100% clear for the slow folks: I NEVER said it was comparable, cheap quality, or anything of the sort. I just said I've got something for a lot cheaper that meets my needs right now.

Maybe I should toss my smartphone and go hang out with Khris.
Maybe all comments aren't directed towards you? Food for thought.

Lol Khris and I have argued endlessly this same topic. He about guns, me about the truck. Weve all also argued about spending money on sxpensive dinners, prices of vehicles, etc. Different people spend money on different things. Different people pay for what they consider quality in different areas. That's what makes us 'people', not 'a person' we are different.

When I say 'argue' I mean converse and go back and forth, not like telling or getting butthurt. I LOVE arguing, I will argue almost any point I believe in, and play devils advocate, all for the sale of a good conversation, and that's what I take it as, conversation. Lol, I don't care or get my e feelings hurt by what goes on in here.

If you or Khris has said something like 'only an idiot would spend 800 on a tent!!!' Or something, that's a different situation, that's just being insulting and not simply stating a difference in opinion and having a conversation about it.

I don't think anybody is hurt, we are all grown *** men in here haha. Khris and you said 'wow that seems expensive, what makes it worth that much' and everybody else chimed in with 'here are my reasons'

That's conversation, thats discussion, lol.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #21587
sirhk100

I guess I just don't know what I'm missing cause I've never had a complaint about my cheap tent that I've literally had since high school. Well that is a lie, there's a couple tiny burn holes from fire ash over the years but that's it... Maybe the quality was better back then or something cause I honestly can't say I've shopped for tents in 15+ years. Then again I'm the person that 99% of the time doesn't even setup my tent these days. I just toss my cot out on the ground and climb in my sleeping bag as long as the skies are clear.

Maybe it's like my shocks, if I'd never ridden in a truck with good shocks I wouldn't know the difference but one day I did and then I realized the difference. Andy got to do that last week, I think he's sold. So maybe I need to borrow Terry's trailer for a night and see what I'm missing over my cheap tent?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #21588
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Khris and you said 'wow that seems expensive, what makes it worth that much' and everybody else chimed in with 'here are my reasons'

That's conversation, thats discussion, lol.
LOL, the problem is so far, the only thing I've seen adventagous to my cheapo tent is the critter thing which I actually first thought before it was posted but then again I've never had a critter run in in my entire life. I guess it only takes once but so far I've been good. Like on the expensive shocks, come take a ride, you'll feel why they're expensive. That's what I'm asking... I just don't see how that $800 tent is any better then a $100 tent. I've never broke a pole, I've never had issues. Tents aren't exactly big space consumers, etc... I'd think getting your cooler or tote pan with supplies up on the roof would be a bigger space saver then a tent wouldn't it?

Actually, the more I think about it, space saving... I toss my tent on a shelf in a closet. Terry's trailer won't fit there and Merrick's jeep won't fit in a garage now so now you've gotta store that tent somewhere too.

Yep, I'm sold... Sticking with my cheapo tent. (funny part is I can't even remember the last time I used it. Camping I typically sleep in my small enclosed if it's there or just on my cot out in the open.)

BTW, when I go camping I don't bring much, you guys talk about space issues with your jeeps, try a truck with no bed... Don't accuse me of being the jerk that shows up without fire wood to chip in!!! And also, along with camping gear I've got riding gear stuffed in there too. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #21589
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Maybe all comments aren't directed towards you? Food for thought.
Ahhh good point. I kinda overlooked that since it seemed as I was getting quoted in responses; in retrospect those comments coulda went either way.

I still agree with everyone here though, that's an awesome tent, Khris has an awesome truck, and you have some awesome guns & if I ever have lots of time and money I would love all of the above + space to store 'em :-)
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #21590
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I am honestly shocked Khris hasn't brought up sleeping in the back of the 'sploder yet

For the record, I have owned 2 tents in my life; never paid for one(both were gifts) & never had any issue with any of them & both were well under $100
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #21591
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I'm just not a ***** and don't use a tent. Way cheaper then any other solution. Then again I don't usually camp for more then a few days and in good weather.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #21592
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

FYI ill know here soon if the drive to Phoenix is this coming weekend or later, just waiting to hear back from the guy on scheduling.

And actually it's not Phoenix, it's globe, which is out in the sticks past Phoenix, so...6+ hours of no cruise control, weeeee!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #21593
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Trailer with tent anyone??

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3527446371.html
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #21594
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I've been in a few situations within the past few days where it woulda been nice to have my cc with me, but I never had cc in mind when I purchased either of my handguns so subsequently I don't carry because both are just too large to conceal comfortably and I'm not interested in oc.

I've been liking the idea of a pocket sized piece in a .45 ACP. Is that combination possible with any decent accuracy/comfort? If so, can anyone make a few recommendations?
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #21595
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I like any tent as long as it blocks some wind and keeps me covered. There I think that was easy enough

And id love to get a RTT I just gotta get a house first to store it in. Id love to see one of you guys' RTT's one day.
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #21596
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
I've been in a few situations within the past few days where it woulda been nice to have my cc with me, but I never had cc in mind when I purchased either of my handguns so subsequently I don't carry because both are just too large to conceal comfortably and I'm not interested in oc.

I've been liking the idea of a pocket sized piece in a .45 ACP. Is that combination possible with any decent accuracy/comfort? If so, can anyone make a few recommendations?
There is the new xds 45 which looks promising and people seem to love them they are 5+1. Or get a shield, both of which are small to carry.
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #21597
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez

There's a new XD-s in 45, because you're a Springfield fan
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #21598
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The Colt New Agent w/ CT grips looks NICE. Expensive too..

Anyone actually fire something as small as these guns (XDs, Shield, Colt, etc.) in a .45? Is it comfortable/accurate?

BTW, I picked up a large Voyager Cold Steel knife from woot.com the other day for $20, looks wicked and will go nicely in my LJ glovebox.
image-1089479530.jpg  
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #21599
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I used to have a shield in 9mm and I hated how it shot it was just too small for me. My groups were not very good.

Ask marn which I was better at, the G19 or my shield.
Unread 02-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #21600
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
There's a new XD-s in 45, because you're a Springfield fan
Are you talking about the springfield xd 45 3.3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.