Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 144 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 11-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #2146
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
You may find yourself as a contestant on Jeopardy someday and the category may be "Trilobites". Not so useless then, is it?

That show pisses me off. It makes me feel stupid and I don't think of myself as stupid. What makes it worse is that you can go into negative scores. I'd be crying by the end of the show asking who to make the check out to.
Reminds me of the simpsons episode where marge is on jeopardy and ends in the negative and Alex tries to collect the difference.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #2147
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Surprised the Simpson's hasn't been cancelled yet. It hasn't been funny in a long time. I remember the big stink about the show when it first came out because Bart was disrespectful to his parents and teacher. Compare that to South Park where Cartman made a kid eat his own dead parents and Sadam has gay sex with the Devil.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #2148
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

In other news: Remember earlier this month I posted a picture of a tortoise shell I found in the mountains? Well, I cleaned it up really good and placed it in the rock garden in my front yard. I got a notice from the HOA stating that it is against community standard policy to maintain pets visible from community areas. According to them, I have a dead pet tortoise.
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:01 PM   #2149
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oh my God Ysb, that's why I was asking about hoas. F-ing nazis! Some people really have nothing else better to do. Send them a letter back threatening to let it take a crap in their yards! Too funny
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:14 PM   #2150
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
In other news: Remember earlier this month I posted a picture of a tortoise shell I found in the mountains? Well, I cleaned it up really good and placed it in the rock garden in my front yard. I got a notice from the HOA stating that it is against community standard policy to maintain pets visible from community areas. According to them, I have a dead pet tortoise.
Yea they are either one extreme or the other. My HOA won't lift a finger to do anything. You can get away with tearing down your garage door and having loud rap parties. You should see what the trash they let in has done to this once nice gated community. We had 3 police cruisers and a helicopter over here a couple weeks ago. These young punks....... haha I sound old.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #2151
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Nazi's is a bit much. Nobody is getting gassed. HOA's can be a bit overzealous at times and some people can feel a bit picked on, but I've mostly had positive experiences with them. I have a clean and orderly neighborhood. I don't know what it would be like without an HOA, but I like the way the neighborhood is now.
Unread 11-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #2152
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This would be great to have if I had the garage storage space and an extra 50k.
Unread 11-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #2153
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I prefer to travel in this with my butler and an assortment of loose women.. http://benefitevents.com/auctions/de...02&eventid=693
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #2154
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

My 2.5 would have a tough enough time trying to tow the little one I linked. With the one you linked, my 0-60 would be measured in minutes.
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:17 PM   #2155
sirhk100

Well did wheeler pass yesterday. Finally broke in the GPS and used it for what I intended. Wish we'd had more time yesterday. That was a nice scenic drive and I'm almost tempted to do it again but next time in my truck and go from pahrump to 95 so I can use gravity to get me down the hill being it's 2WD. LOL We did go explore potato ridge also. Had just enough time in the day with sunlight to get up to the wash area where it starts to get good and walked a bit of it. The guy with the stock 4 door rubicon is for sure down to go back and give it a shot and I know my jeep will do it. We didn't have enough daylight though to commit to it yesterday. It's probably next on the list... I'm finally excited to be back into the jeep thing. Now I'm just hoping my 3 speed auto holds up. It's been getting worse and worse shifting when it's cold. Time to start researching a manual trans swap. I just can't get used to the auto gig offroading! I feel like I've got so much less control of the vehicle in the rocks compared to what I remember with my old manual CJ. the 66:1 final though was nice!
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #2156
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I just had to get my 3 speed auto rebuilt in my 99 TJ. Got it done at Bob's Transmissions in Henderson for $1700 cash. Runs like brand new now!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #2157
sirhk100

On the side note... I would last about a week with an HOA!!! LOL My house itself is gated and I'm my own HOA! I like living in the hood and chose to on purpose. I was hoping to find a louder more roudy area so I wouldn't be the jerk with all the noise coming from the garage. Somehow though I picked the quietest street in the area it seems so I am that jerk. I've never had a neighbor complain though and I make sure the garage is shut after 8PM typically and then internal garage loud noises stop around 9ish at the latest. My front yard really could use some landscaping and I know the tubing bender bolted to my drive way probably isn't HOA approved but hey, I like my hobbies so I live where it's possible to maintain them! Should have some nice rocker guards finished up in the next couple nights and next major project will be building the race truck. Hoping to have it done by early summer! Lots of cutting and tube bending to be done in my immediate future on that! LOL
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #2158
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
I just had to get my 3 speed auto rebuilt in my 99 TJ. Got it done at Bob's Transmissions in Henderson for $1700 cash. Runs like brand new now!
My uncle is actually the head trans guy at chapman jeep with 25+ years experience so I've got that connection but I'm not going to stick with the 3speed. At worst I'll swap in the 4 speed auto just for ease but I really want to research what it would take to swap in a 5 speed manual out of a TJ or better yet a NV4500. My biggest concern with the 5 sp. jeep trans swap is honestly the peddle assembly and any goofy tunnel issues. NV4500 though, I need to do some serious research. All the swaps I've read up on pertain to starting with a manual, not swapping from auto to manual.

My only gripe with the 3 speed (if it was working good which it's not...) is I'm geared too low for it. I figure if I need to rebuild, why not use this as the excuse to swap. The previous owner had 4.56 gears put in it and it was on 33" tires. I was running 3200 RPM doing 65mph which is screaming for a "cruising speed" in this thing. I bumped up to 35's and dropped it 200rpm but I really need to get an overdrive. I just can't justify the regear... In my mind I've convinced myself a transmission swap is the better solution. I just need to do the research! I really should try and knock that out before I dive into this race truck build but chances are I'll be doing it side by side mid build. LOL
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #2159
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
My uncle is actually the head trans guy at chapman jeep with 25+ years experience so I've got that connection but I'm not going to stick with the 3speed. At worst I'll swap in the 4 speed auto just for ease but I really want to research what it would take to swap in a 5 speed manual out of a TJ or better yet a NV4500. My biggest concern with the 5 sp. jeep trans swap is honestly the peddle assembly and any goofy tunnel issues. NV4500 though, I need to do some serious research. All the swaps I've read up on pertain to starting with a manual, not swapping from auto to manual.

My only gripe with the 3 speed (if it was working good which it's not...) is I'm geared too low for it. I figure if I need to rebuild, why not use this as the excuse to swap. The previous owner had 4.56 gears put in it and it was on 33" tires. I was running 3200 RPM doing 65mph which is screaming for a "cruising speed" in this thing. I bumped up to 35's and dropped it 200rpm but I really need to get an overdrive. I just can't justify the regear... In my mind I've convinced myself a transmission swap is the better solution. I just need to do the research! I really should try and knock that out before I dive into this race truck build but chances are I'll be doing it side by side mid build. LOL
Good luck! I originally looked at swapping to a manual, since my YJ was a manual. However, my tranny got so bad in the TJ (after it almost left me still in intersections a couple mornings) I had to get it taken care of fast.

Jealous of the hookup at Chapman that would save some cash.

I'm sure someone on this forum has done a manual swap and probably recorded the entire process, I would search on here first.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #2160
sirhk100

Yeah, I'm searching all over the internet trying to find that perfect writeup and have a few emails out to various places that might have info.

If it wasn't for my desire to either have a OD auto or better yet a 5sp. manual I'd just yank the transmission out one night this week, drop it on my uncles workbench in his garage and do the work myself with his guidance and have him order me the parts. But like I said, I've got two goals... Replace a worn out transmission and reduce my highway speed RPM's at the same time. I prefer manual so that's where I'm looking but the AW4 trans out of the cherokee's looks like the way to go if I do end up sticking with the auto platform. Decisions decisions!!! Just gotta do the reading and weigh the pros and cons of work vs. cost vs. reward...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.