Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1433 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #21481
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
i'm gonna try to rally race in my waggy!!!
You already tried and broke a shock mount...

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #21482
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Going too big with a dry system? You can go pretty big(200-300) with a wet system and be...ok as long as sprays are in short bursts. Use forged internals and you can go beyond 400 with a wet system. Dry systems IMO are only good for up to 100 in short bursts. I knew a guy with a Dakota 6cyl spraying a 250 dry shot for minutes at a time on the freeway. He was genuinely puzzled when his motor popped! Told him he was retarded when he first talked about spraying on the freeway.
No clue what it was, kinda like I said, I'm not really that experienced with the go fast on the street stuff and NOS definitely isn't a dirt item you typically see on trucks. I do remember it was a nozzle that went directly in front or behind the throttle body though and his S10 was just a stock 4.3, nothing special about it. I also remember we did the full install in the driveway on a weekend day. Got it all setup and wired up and took it down to a safeway parking lot at the end of the street to test it live with the bottle open for the first time. I just remember he turned left and punched it and the rear end came around so fast that it was amazing! LOL He'd already put a posi in the rear so it broke loose really easy and got sliding...

Not sure how he popped it though honestly. He ended up pulling it and doing a V8 conversion. No clue what ever happened to that truck though after that really. I've kinda lost touch with the guy for the most part.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #21483
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
My prelude had a 100 wet shot...I loved the Powr.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #21484
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I have no experience with running nitro but I do know you are asking for trouble if not beefing up internals. I will be doing my first turbo install with my dad on his old 6.9 f-250. I got him a banks sidewinder kit for Christmas. We won't be doing the piston swap to lower compression but we will keeping the PSI pretty low until he's ready for a full rebuild. Just upgrading head gaskets and head bolts.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #21485
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I understand how nitrous works and why but I have no interest in ever running it short of using it to blow up old enignes. I would like to run nitrous through a lawn mower engine just to see how long it holds together and how spectacularly I can get it to blow up!

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 02-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #21486
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

anytime that you modify cars you are asking for trouble. Esp if you are doing it on a shoestring budget like most of us. I boosted a VR6 and it really never worked out. I was running a full stand alone system, larger injectors, and I was going soft, nothing hardcore. I was just running a small garrett T04 turbo. Nothing large by far, what I thought was going very very conservative. I was only planning on running 7lbs on low and 15lbs on high. The 15lbs was going to put me around 300whp which was good for a fwd car. I started off with a head spacer to bump the compression down... melted a piston. Put in a Schimmel built 3.0 long block with forged pistons... melted a piston. Luckly I was able to catch it before it got too bad. Nothing got into the cylinder wall, so I was able to use a flex hone on the cylinder wall and throw in a new piston. Just to melt another piston. My A/F number never got above 14.2 ever and was around 10 under full boost. My egt's stayed low, yet I still melted pistons.

The car was what I consider crazy fast. One of my first runs after throwing in the built motor it spun the tires in 3rd at around 100mph when it hit full boost. I had a guy crap talking at work saying that his built big block 69 Camaro had 700hp. So I played with him on the way home one day in my wifes stock 06 rustang gt. He only slightly pulled on it. So I shook it off and drove my car the next day. As expected he talked some crap. So I just responded with "Wow you smoked my wifes car good for you, are you ready to run now" @7lbs I pulled away @15lbs I thought he threw it in reverse.

Then the wife got pregnant and I had to part it out. I guess the moral of the story is don't play if you are not willing to pay. I guess you can say the same thing goes when you start lifting or doing some serious rock crawling.
Unread 02-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #21487
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Totally agree. The first lift I installed on my ZJ was cheapo 4 inch with no control arms and a crappy track bar bracket. CRAZZY DW. Then I bought a IRO 4in kit with control arms, a much more solid kit but I plan on ordering long arms when I get to that point. I wish there was a hobby as fun as cars that is as cheap as bird watching.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 02:14 PM   #21488
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

No new ammo at sportsmans whorehouse

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #21489
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

It took me 8 years to get back into Jeeps because of kids. Dont regret a thing, i just have to reteach myself to wheel with a light foot

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #21490
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
i just have to reteach myself to wheel with a light foot
Sounds like you should be racing, not wheeling but if you're heavy with the right and don't know when to let up it will still break the bank to build something to hold up. Gotta know when to go slow and save the rig!

Unread 02-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #21491
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Totally agree. The first lift I installed on my ZJ was cheapo 4 inch with no control arms and a crappy track bar bracket. CRAZZY DW. Then I bought a IRO 4in kit with control arms, a much more solid kit but I plan on ordering long arms when I get to that point. I wish there was a hobby as fun as cars that is as cheap as bird watching.
Bird watching is expensive!

http://www.amazon.com/8-16-x-21-UCF-...0874273&sr=1-7

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 02-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #21492
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Sounds like you should be racing, not wheeling but if you're heavy with the right and don't know when to let up it will still break the bank to build something to hold up. Gotta know when to go slow and save the rig!
Think you should be talking to Powr and not Puck. That guy has a lead foot with 100 lbs of steel strapped to it.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 02-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #21493
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

jeeps go offroad?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #21494
sirhk100

I've never been in the dirt with either, just basing on what I've picked up here and there on the forum...

Unread 02-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #21495
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Powr is a nut, I remember when we did tater ridge and he was leading. I had never driven the Red Rock loop that fast, esp not in the Jeep.

Put me in a car with good handling and I am golden, throw me in a Jeep and I am the slowest around. I am just more relaxed in the Jeep and don't feel the need to speed that much. I used to hit triple digits on a daily basis, now I am lucky to hit 75

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.