Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1432 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Reply
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #21466
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
i'm gonna try to rally race in my waggy!!!

Just go get a rental car for a week or two and race it instead. Actually, in all honesty, about the most fun you can have in a vehicle is to participate in one of these events!

http://www.rentalcarrally.com/

It's like a rolling Halloween **** show on wheels! So random and so fun! Seriously, it'll be a road trip you won't forget... I don't recommend taking a car you really car a ton about though cause it'll likely end up covered in eggs at the very least by the end of the trip.


Quote:
You Win by Hitting the Checkpoints and Looking Awesome

RCR isn't technically a race. The team with the lowest odometer score and best costumes wins. Each team must hit several checkpoints along the route, including sites like abandoned airfields, giant decommissioned howitzers, airplane graveyards, and other absurdly awesome locations.


__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #21467
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Just go get a rental car for a week or two and race it instead. Actually, in all honesty, about the most fun you can have in a vehicle is to participate in one of these events!

http://www.rentalcarrally.com/

It's like a rolling Halloween **** show on wheels! So random and so fun! Seriously, it'll be a road trip you won't forget... I don't recommend taking a car you really car a ton about though cause it'll likely end up covered in eggs at the very least by the end of the trip.
we used to get rental cars, install nitrous, and run them at midnight mayhem. We did a chrysler 300, a seabring, a ford mini van, and one or two others.

It was awesome having slicks on the front of the mini van and beating civics and **** while we had like spare tires and jacks and crap in the back.
__________________
-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #21468
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,416
We raced rally raced a rental in h/s. Friends older brother rented it, ripped out the rear seat, welded in a roll bar and raced it. Cleaned it up, cut out the roll bar, put the seats back in it, made a lower bumper valence piece out of some large white PVC to replace the one that got ripped off and returned it.

I'm assuming you know about the Shelby Hertz rental mustangs back in the day and the stories behind those...

Friend of mine used to work for boyd cottington. They rented a ferrari for a month, pulled the whole drivetrain out and built a 30's ford based around it. Then put the drivetrain back in the ferrari and returned it. Ferrari took longer then anticipated to deliver so it worked as plan b. That same guy now works for Chip Foose as his main chassis guy.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:00 AM   #21469
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
We raced rally raced a rental in h/s. Friends older brother rented it, ripped out the rear seat, welded in a roll bar and raced it. Cleaned it up, cut out the roll bar, put the seats back in it, made a lower bumper valence piece out of some large white PVC to replace the one that got ripped off and returned it.

I'm assuming you know about the Shelby Hertz rental mustangs back in the day and the stories behind those...

Friend of mine used to work for boyd cottington. They rented a ferrari for a month, pulled the whole drivetrain out and built a 30's ford based around it. Then put the drivetrain back in the ferrari and returned it. Ferrari took longer then anticipated to deliver so it worked as plan b. That same guy now works for Chip Foose as his main chassis guy.
well i guess my little story isnt nearly as cool anymore :-(
__________________
-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #21470
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,844
Happy V day ******s. I'm looking forward to tonight. Taking my wife to Lawrys then back home. Sweet and simple.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #21471
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,416
My only experience with nitrous was in college in a roomies S10 with a 4.3. It was rad!!!! He popped the motor shortly after graduation though. That kept me from ever playing with nitrous again.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #21472
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Happy V day ******s. I'm looking forward to tonight. Taking my wife to Lawrys then back home. Sweet and simple.
im told by my woman (who worked in restaurants and still does) to never

ever
ever
ever
ever
ever
ever
ever
ever
ever
ever

go out to eat on valentines day.

literally the worst night of the year. Horrible service, super packed, major delays, food quality suffers, etc.
__________________
-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #21473
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,619
Personally I am treating my wife to some Raising Cane's for dinner. If you are in the caniac club they have a bogo on combo's tonight. That plus we know that the kids will eat it. Followed up with a trip to Sportsman's warehouse for some ammo and a tent then call it a night. Why yes, I am a true romantic.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #21474
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,716
My V day date is my hand.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #21475
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,416
I'll be in the garage all night... No time for valentines! Gotta motor that needs to be running REALLY soon if I ever want to actually work on my own crap! LOL Super ambitious but I'm really hoping to have front end 100% finished and then the rear end completely 100% finished and prepped and ready to go again by early next week if not end of the weekend! Basically I'm looking at probably 25-30 hours of work between now and sunday night I think.
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #21476
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,844
Marn I thought it was never

Ever
Ever
Ever
Ever
Ever
Eat out on valentines day.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #21477
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
My only experience with nitrous was in college in a roomies S10 with a 4.3. It was rad!!!! He popped the motor shortly after graduation though. That kept me from ever playing with nitrous again.
Going too big with a dry system? You can go pretty big(200-300) with a wet system and be...ok as long as sprays are in short bursts. Use forged internals and you can go beyond 400 with a wet system. Dry systems IMO are only good for up to 100 in short bursts. I knew a guy with a Dakota 6cyl spraying a 250 dry shot for minutes at a time on the freeway. He was genuinely puzzled when his motor popped! Told him he was retarded when he first talked about spraying on the freeway.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #21478
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Marn I thought it was never

Ever
Ever
Ever
Ever
Ever
Eat out on valentines day.
lol, i dunno, i'm just sayin what she said, word for word. I never knew? Or at least i never thought about it?
__________________
-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #21479
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

lol, i dunno, i'm just sayin what she said, word for word. I never knew? Or at least i never thought about it?
No that makes sense I tried to get my wife to be ok with going out next week but she wasn't having it. Should be fine though I've never had a bad experience at Lawrys.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #21480
PhotoJared
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Going too big with a dry system? You can go pretty big(200-300) with a wet system and be...ok as long as sprays are in short bursts. Use forged internals and you can go beyond 400 with a wet system. Dry systems IMO are only good for up to 100 in short bursts. I knew a guy with a Dakota 6cyl spraying a 250 dry shot for minutes at a time on the freeway. He was genuinely puzzled when his motor popped! Told him he was retarded when he first talked about spraying on the freeway.
My prelude had a 100 wet shot...I loved the Powr.
__________________
'99 XJ Sport
RE 3.5"
31s
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.