Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1428 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #21406
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

dang.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #21407
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Loaded question cause depends how off yours is to begin with. Potentially yes...
considering my vehicle and the way it/everything on it works, i'm just going to go with "way off" even though i've never hooked up a meter.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #21408
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

And for the list type:

4" Currie suspension with EVERY option
Warn Zeon 10-S
Fox shocks
Currie HD steering
Tera-low t-case
Adam's SYE and driveshaft
Savvy bumpers, gas tank skid, corners, rockers, under armor, LED tail-lights
PSC steering gear with cooler
35" MTR's with 17" Walker Evans beadlocks
4.88's, ARB's and alloys F&R
Savvy/Vanco 17" big brake kit
Derale trans cooler

Still to come are Poison Spyder aluminum front fenders, Genright rear flares, Swag drop down tailgate conversion, Bestop NX top, control arm skids and a lot more.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #21409
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
And for the list type:

4" Currie suspension with EVERY option
Warn Zeon 10-S
Fox shocks
Currie HD steering
Tera-low t-case
Adam's SYE and driveshaft
Savvy bumpers, gas tank skid, corners, rockers, under armor, LED tail-lights
PSC steering gear with cooler
35" MTR's with 17" Walker Evans beadlocks
4.88's, ARB's and alloys F&R
Savvy/Vanco 17" big brake kit
Derale trans cooler

Still to come are Poison Spyder aluminum front fenders, Genright rear flares, Swag drop down tailgate conversion, Bestop NX top, control arm skids and a lot more.
Good grief man, what did i do in life to not get paid like the owner of that LJ? To drop that much cash in a short time blows my mind, credit card or not....

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #21410
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Good grief man, what did i do in life to not get paid like the owner of that LJ? To drop that much cash in a short time blows my mind, credit card or not....

Sent from my Imagination
No credit card lol, I only do cash builds!! I'll say this....his Jeep is strictly a toy to go out shooting and trail riding. Cool thing is he loved KOH and has talked about getting into an Ultra4 rig along with his Jeep!!!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #21411
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Question:

Does tuning it actually make a big difference? As said before, I've never done it, just figured i didnt need to.
As Khris said, loaded question. Tuning does nothing for receiving, but could mean everything for transmitting. If your SWR (standing wave ratio) is off, transmitted power can be reflected back through the system into the radio. If too much power is sent back through, it can blow the finals in the radio making it nothing more than an expensive paperweight. Typically anything under 3:1 is okay. I try to shoot for under 2:1. If you can get at or below that, you are not reflecting very much back to the radio and therefore most of your power is actually going out the antenna.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #21412
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Marn, how often do you see scorpions at your house? How about you sturgio, how often do you come across them?(live)
Unread 02-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #21413
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Marn, how often do you see scorpions at your house? How about you sturgio, how often do you come across them?(live)

varies throughout the year. I'd say on average once a month or once every 2 months.

Also, are we talking inside AND outside? or just within the confines of the house? I see them fairly often milling around doors on the patios and in the court yard, but those aren't technically 'inside'

Unread 02-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #21414
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Not that I wanted more people to die, but I was hoping for this whole thing in Big Bear to play out a little longer. The guy was a Navy reserves officer and the media made it out like he was a rouge seal team commander. Oh well, until the next guy goes crazy, at least they can't blame it on the gun laws because Cali has the strictest around.
They will blame it on the gun laws in NV. He had a house here and bought many guns from Lock & Load, he even mentioned the store specifically in his manifesto.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #21415
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
I almost never come across them alive. Going out at night with a black light can show you if you have any problem areas. Bark scorpions and desert browns both react to black lights. Those are the only 2 species native to southern Nevada.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #21416
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit

Responding to a slightly older post but if you guys are ever in 4wp, ask for Carlo and mention you are on War Machines 702. He's the guy we all use and is usually good for 10 % off. Just ask him what his lowest price is and he'll do what he can.

End PSA Transmission
I second this, Carlo has always given me a fair price and great advice.
Unread 02-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #21417
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

varies throughout the year. I'd say on average once a month or once every 2 months.

Also, are we talking inside AND outside? or just within the confines of the house? I see them fairly often milling around doors on the patios and in the court yard, but those aren't technically 'inside'
Any time/place they are seen/accessible while alive and not dried out and dead. Trying to figure out how to talk you or sturgio into getting three or four and jarring them in alcohol or acetone for me(don't ask) if it goes well, it will be explained later....
Unread 02-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #21418
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

But the scorps need to be complete and not stabbed or squished. Basically caught and killed in solution, or even just captured and I can take them live if in a good container. I can supply if needed...
Unread 02-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #21419
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
We can do yours. Just bring your truck over... then I can fill it with the rocks from my front yard so I can put my faux grass.
Then drop those rocks over at my house!
Unread 02-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #21420
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Which species powr?
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.