Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1427 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 02-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #21391
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just finished this this morning, been a long 6 weeks lol. I still have some small things to do like front fenders, tailgate skins/drop conversion, new top....blah blah blah but it drives great and we'll be going out to shoot and do potato ridge for a shakedown this weekend.

As far as the Dana 30 front on 35"s....this one has alloy's all around ARB's 4.88s, and the tallest 35" tire out there. As long as you drive smart, you will be fine. I have wheeled with more guys in Johnson Valley on "built" Dana 30's LP and HP on 35"s and they do amazing. I don't know of a single place in our area for rockcrawling that requires wheel speed. BUT I will agree that a stock, locked, Dana30 on 35"s is a time-bomb

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #21392
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looking good!!
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #21393
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

So I finally broke down and ordered a CB and it should be here tomorrow sometime. Does anyone have one of those handy little swr meters that I can use? I have never tuned an antenna before, but I do have google.
Unread 02-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #21394
4x4Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
I've been to 4wp 6 times and every time I've been treated like ****. Oh we don't carry that bumper that is on our website, as I show it to him on my phone.
Responding to a slightly older post but if you guys are ever in 4wp, ask for Carlo and mention you are on War Machines 702. He's the guy we all use and is usually good for 10 % off. Just ask him what his lowest price is and he'll do what he can.

End PSA Transmission
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #21395
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Just finished this this morning, been a long 6 weeks lol. I still have some small things to do like front fenders, tailgate skins/drop conversion, new top....blah blah blah but it drives great and we'll be going out to shoot and do potato ridge for a shakedown this weekend.

As far as the Dana 30 front on 35"s....this one has alloy's all around ARB's 4.88s, and the tallest 35" tire out there. As long as you drive smart, you will be fine. I have wheeled with more guys in Johnson Valley on "built" Dana 30's LP and HP on 35"s and they do amazing. I don't know of a single place in our area for rockcrawling that requires wheel speed. BUT I will agree that a stock, locked, Dana30 on 35"s is a time-bomb

is that yours?

Stop having so many awesome jeeps!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #21396
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
So I finally broke down and ordered a CB and it should be here tomorrow sometime. Does anyone have one of those handy little swr meters that I can use? I have never tuned an antenna before, but I do have google.
I, personally, have never tuned an antenna. Also you wont just need a meter, you'll need another length of cord as well. You need to go with a cord from the radio to the meter, then from the meter to the antenna. I've never tuned one, as long as i can hear everybody in my convoy I figure it's fine. You're only running 4 watts, not some trucker running an illegally amped up setup, but I don't know a whole lot. Maybe PM that guy who installs them for a living?

Do you want any other tips? You probably know all this if you have installed a radio before, but maybe not? I dunno.....If so, read on:

When installing, DO NOT key the mic without the antenner attached. Not good!

Also when installing, dont pinch or bend the cable if possible, and if you have excess coil it as large as possible.

Also when installing try to run the power straight from the battery if possible, you'll get less interference and wont have to turn up the squelch as much.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #21397
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I have an SWR meter and coax to attach it.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #21398
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

I have an SWR meter and coax to attach it.
After you and Greg install and tune his CB ill order one then you can do mine hahaha.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #21399
sirhk100

Garza, the problem with posting the pictures of the jeeps you build is they don't show the actual cool parts. List some details of that thing!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #21400
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

We can do yours. Just bring your truck over... then I can fill it with the rocks from my front yard so I can put my faux grass.
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #21401
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Sounds like a plan Greg. Did you ever get that stump out?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #21402
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
We can do yours. Just bring your truck over... then I can fill it with the rocks from my front yard so I can put my faux grass.
Hey i have a CB that needs installed and tuned. We can have a CB party!! Beer and bergers, I'll bring the beer.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #21403
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Question:

Does tuning it actually make a big difference? As said before, I've never done it, just figured i didnt need to.

Unread 02-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #21404
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Question:

Does tuning it actually make a big difference? As said before, I've never done it, just figured i didnt need to.
Loaded question cause depends how off yours is to begin with. Potentially yes...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #21405
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
is that yours?

Stop having so many awesome jeeps!
Nope, just built it for a "new to Jeeping buddy". This thing has all the right stuff to daily drive and hit the hardest trails!!

It started off a cute little LJ on 33"s and a BDS 3" lift on it

Then it got a lot off cool stuff like HUGE brakes

PSC steering

Under armor:

And a crap load more!!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.