Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1426 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 02-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #21376
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
Puck has a LP D30
I thought XJ's came with the HP30?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:35 PM   #21377
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

I thought XJ's came with the HP30?
2000-2001 have LP30. And Khris i dont have a d35 in the rear, i have a 8.25.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #21378
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

2000-2001 have LP30. And Khris i dont have a d35 in the rear, i have a 8.25.

Sent from my Imagination
Didn't know that about the LP. Pretty sure that Khris was responding to me with the D35. I can break those pulling into my driveway! LOL

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #21379
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post

Didn't know that about the LP. Pretty sure that Khris was responding to me with the D35. I can break those pulling into my driveway! LOL
I think at one point all of us here have broken an axle or diff.

Sent from my Imagination
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #21380
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Hell i see a kid in WM702 who is running 37's on a 30/44 combo. 4:88's ARB cromo shafts. This is on a TJ. I cant aford to just buy a full axle at this point, how ever buying parts to help out on the trail will. If i know i have a weak link in the drivetrain rhin i know to take it easy and think more ahead of where i am puting my tires and be easy on the gas. Having the strongest parts from the getgo wont teach me how to wheel with a light foot and forethought. That being said, will you guys help me out finding deals ?

Sent from my Imagination
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #21381
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hell i see a kid in WM702 who is running 37's on a 30/44 combo. 4:88's ARB cromo shafts. This is on a TJ. I cant aford to just buy a full axle at this point, how ever buying parts to help out on the trail will. If i know i have a weak link in the drivetrain rhin i know to take it easy and think more ahead of where i am puting my tires and be easy on the gas. Having the strongest parts from the getgo wont teach me how to wheel with a light foot and forethought. That being said, will you guys help me out finding deals ?

Sent from my Imagination
I'll help you look.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 02-13-2013, 12:39 AM   #21382
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:

Sent from my Imagination
I will keep an eye open
Unread 02-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #21383
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Thinking of doing this. What do you guys think?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12590_0910.htm
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:27 AM   #21384
sirhk100

Have you unbolted your shocks and checked to see if they're actually limiting your droop travel? You should be able to check bump with a tape measure to make sure they are actually letting your springs bottom out into the bumpstop before they're completely compressed. Personally I'd check to see how much more travel your leafs gain without the shocks installed to see potentially how much you'd gain and then decide if it's worth it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #21385
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Not that I wanted more people to die, but I was hoping for this whole thing in Big Bear to play out a little longer. The guy was a Navy reserves officer and the media made it out like he was a rouge seal team commander. Oh well, until the next guy goes crazy, at least they can't blame it on the gun laws because Cali has the strictest around.
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #21386
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Have you unbolted your shocks and checked to see if they're actually limiting your droop travel? You should be able to check bump with a tape measure to make sure they are actually letting your springs bottom out into the bumpstop before they're completely compressed. Personally I'd check to see how much more travel your leafs gain without the shocks installed to see potentially how much you'd gain and then decide if it's worth it.
I know my current shocks limit my droop but not sure by how much. I can jack my front end up and watch it hang on my shocks. When I get some time I'll take the shocks off and measure.
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #21387
sirhk100

Personally, that's what I would do to decide if it's actually worth it. I mean if your shocks are only limiting the droop by like half an inch is it worth it? While you have the shocks off and it's all the way extended check to make sure your slip joint in the front driveshaft still has enough engagement, spin the front wheels and make sure your ujoints aren't binding. Also you probably want to turn your steering from lock to lock to make sure nothing is binding up on the tie rods or in that system too. Just double check basically that allowing the front to droop that extra bit isn't going to cause other issues by over extending something else related... Just cause the kit exists to allow you to run the parts doesn't 100% mean your jeep will allow it. I would imagine it would probably take an hour or so to pull the shocks and check everything and it's probably worth it before pulling the trigger.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #21388
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Personally, that's what I would do to decide if it's actually worth it. I mean if your shocks are only limiting the droop by like half an inch is it worth it? While you have the shocks off and it's all the way extended check to make sure your slip joint in the front driveshaft still has enough engagement, spin the front wheels and make sure your ujoints aren't binding. Also you probably want to turn your steering from lock to lock to make sure nothing is binding up on the tie rods or in that system too. Just double check basically that allowing the front to droop that extra bit isn't going to cause other issues by over extending something else related... Just cause the kit exists to allow you to run the parts doesn't 100% mean your jeep will allow it. I would imagine it would probably take an hour or so to pull the shocks and check everything and it's probably worth it before pulling the trigger.
For sure. The price is pretty steep so if I can't get at least another inch or two it's not worth it to me. Besides the kit I still have to purchase new shocks too. All said and done I'm looking at around $500 give or take a little or a lot. Lol
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #21389
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

just saying... some people do pay more than $500 to add a couple inches.
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #21390
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Morning everybody

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.