Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1422 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 02-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #21316
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I'm by your place during the week on Wednesdays in the afternoon. Or any Saturday morning.
Whatever works best! I'm not there on wednesdays but am normally there on saturdays. I dont know if that matters?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #21317
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
yesssss! Let me know what we need to do.
1.) Find scorpions
2.) Kill scorpions
3.) ??? and call Scott
4.) Profit!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #21318
sirhk100

Well I just had some star trek laser measuring scanner demo here at work. Now if we can convince the owner to throw down some serious cash to buy us a new toy we'd be stylin!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #21319
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Someone will have to be home if you want the inside done. If just the outside make sure I can get through the gate and Ill come by tomorrow.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #21320
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Well I just had some star trek laser measuring scanner demo here at work. Now if we can convince the owner to throw down some serious cash to buy us a new toy we'd be stylin!
How much does this thing cost? Is it like one of those ones you can buy at home depot?

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 02-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #21321
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Looks like the dog must have really pissed off Raptor's girl.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3611197817.html
trying to get some POWR money

But really im just not feeling the clutch for wheeling.

also i like building them as much as i like driving them so this one is done and i need a new project lol
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #21322
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
So anyone going out to Dumont this weekend? Jeep hill climb and drags start Saturday and Sunday morning at 9:30.
im going to try, but it might just be the truck and quads
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #21323
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206

im going to try, but it might just be the truck and quads
Wave if you see me. Lol
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #21324
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
How much does this thing cost? Is it like one of those ones you can buy at home depot?
Yeah, something like that... $50K-100K depending what options and software we want with it.

Unread 02-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #21325
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Here you go Khris. Talking about cool expensive tools. Safety wire guns we had one at Nellis they are bad a$$ but cost way too much in my opinion.

http://www.bergencable.com/products/...ety_cable.html
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #21326
sirhk100

Wow, that's like cheating right there! Andy will vouch, the motor mount bolts that I had him safety wire, yeah, those were a pain! LOL I got the brake calipers knocked out easy but those things were a major biatch!

Unread 02-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #21327
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
Here you go Khris. Talking about cool expensive tools. Safety wire guns we had one at Nellis they are bad a$$ but cost way too much in my opinion.

http://www.bergencable.com/products/...ety_cable.html
We have those up here too. You see the younger guys use them. Us old dogs use tried and true wire not because we are against new things but because we find fault with them. Specifically, the clutches on those things wear very quickly and if they are not adjusted properly, you will never get it tight. Adjusting the thing takes longer than just doing the wire by hand. For really difficult, hard to reach jobs, they can't be beat though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Wow, that's like cheating right there! Andy will vouch, the motor mount bolts that I had him safety wire, yeah, those were a pain! LOL I got the brake calipers knocked out easy but those things were a major biatch!
Khris did an awesome job on the caliper bolts. I was proud! Trying to teach new guys how to safety wire is sometimes like trying to teach an elephant to surf. It just ain't happening. Khris took to it like his dog takes to chewing. The engine mount bolts were a pain in the *** to wire. I tried a couple of different ways and finally decided that it just wasn't happening. Out of the seven motor mount bolts, only two are wired together. We had to drill the mounts in order to have a place to wire to.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 02-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #21328
mrwiggins

i wish i would have seen this thread last month, i was in vegas.
mrwiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #21329
sirhk100

It would've been a lot of reading to get caught up for a vegas trip with this thread! LOL

Oh and yeah, the dog likes to eat! Dirt sports magazine was the flavor of last night! BTW, I'm assuming you grabbed your item off the counter in the kitchen last night? I didn't even notice and it just dawned on me since that magazine he stole to look over was sitting directly under it.

Unread 02-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #21330
sirhk100

BTW Andy, I forgot to mention, that motor sitting 1/2-3/4" lower then it was when I took it out... Yeah, it made the tetris game of getting the starter back in location that much more challenging! I was physically able to do it but it's a puzzle procedure for sure! Hopefully the engine spacer lift kit they're machining for me today actually works and I can get it back where it was designed to be tomorrow or Thursday night! I like the lower location but the rest of the truck wasn't built with that location in mind as obvious by all the other interference issues I now have with it. LOL

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.