Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 142 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 11-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #2116
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
It was gated off a couple hundred yards from where you enter the wash.
Wait, so you can't get to the narrows anymore?

Unread 11-26-2011, 10:34 PM   #2117
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

nope no more narrows. The fence is just chain link, but is definitely posted no tresspassing. Didnt want to risk it on private property. The Feds are less likely to prosecute, but private mines are more aggressive-or so the rationale was this morning. Was REALLY bummed out about it. It was a really nice hike and mine.
Unread 11-26-2011, 10:51 PM   #2118
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm thinking about calling the "powers that be" with respect to the mine and asking them about their intentions. Another website indicated that they might just be closing it temporarily to close off the mine entrances to avoid exposure in case YSB gets caught in a cave in, but that seems like something that could be done quick and wouldn't require a closure of too long. Perhaps they are reopening the mine, which would be good for the local economy, at least a little bit, so I wouldn't mind. The narrows themselves are in the Muddy Mountains Wilderness Area, so no mining in there, but everything leading up to it is fair game.
Unread 11-26-2011, 10:55 PM   #2119
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Cool pics of the water! Maybe it's good i wasnt there....I would have given into peer pressure and done the same, knowing full well I have no vent tubes, haha.

I dont do well with peer pressure. We all saw what happened last time everyone said "DO IT!!!!!"

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 10:56 PM   #2120
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The sign read anniversary mine LLC. Lots of equipment in the immediate area, back hoe, trailers, etc. we though they were opening the mine. That's what it looked like, but who knows. They may be blasting the entrance shut again, but like you said that's a quick operation. Who knows. I know it sucks either way, it was a cool mine to explore too. Someone may have gotten hurt inside too, there was a wooded ladder and people are dumb!
Unread 11-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #2121
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome assumed air in the waggy!
Unread 11-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #2122
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I dont do well with peer pressure. We all saw what happened last time everyone said "DO IT!!!!!"
No wonder that thing is always broken.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #2123
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Ysb, check out my link and look at my other galleries, you may appreciate the photography!
Unread 11-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #2124
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Hey Ysb, check out my link and look at my other galleries, you may appreciate the photography!
I did. No nudes and I was disappointed.

Good stuff in there. What is that site about? Peoples Photoshop skills?
Unread 11-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #2125
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here's more info about Anniversary Mine:
http://www.birdandhike.com/Hike/LAME...Lov_Closed.htm
Unread 11-26-2011, 11:11 PM   #2126
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

About an hour ago I took a fist full of pain meds. I'm still in pain. I just don't care anymore. Weeeeeeee!

G'night!
Unread 11-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #2127
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The site is run by photoshop, so many people edit the crap out of some of their stuff. The only editing to any of my shots is cropping only, nothing else!
Unread 11-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #2128
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Awesome assumed air in the waggy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
No wonder that thing is always broken.
Meh, only broke a shock mount!

Might as well play with it if I have it! Atleast...thats what I tell my girlfriend when she walks in on....well, nevermind.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-26-2011, 11:32 PM   #2129
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

When she walks in on you playing with your guns?
Unread 11-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #2130
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
When she walks in on you playing with your guns?
Yeah! That's it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.