Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1419 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #21271
sirhk100

yes, 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Width is either 7" or 8" but I'm not 100% sure which. If I was going to gamble I'd say they're 15 x 8 but don't know backspacing at all on them. Puck, we can talk... I'm keeping the tires that are currently mounted on them but we could possibly work something out once I'm ready to let them go if you're really that interested in them. Like I said though, I can't promise they won't leak... Once I pull the tires off I'll have a better idea on if my idea of what's needed to fix them will work or not. Personally I really think it will but I'll wait till I see what I see.

Hey Andy, jealous?

I'll have to look at the radius arms on my red expo. There's a chance with minimal work to them they could be built to be super strong and I'd make you a pretty good deal on those too once the parts are all off the trucks...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #21272
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I admit, I had to look up PVB...
eh, not everybody knows what they're called.

I get alot of people calling them anti-siphons (which is a different thing), or just "the irrigation valve" or the "irrigation shutoff". Some folks call em vacuum breakers, close enough for me.

Kaiser blade....some folks call it a sling blade, i calls it a kaiser blade blade. mhm.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #21273
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have no idea what that is either. I can assume that it is either the valve in my garage or the valve on the side of the house for the sprinkler. If it is the valve on the outside of the house... I have to replace mine before I rent this house out because the freeze pin is popped out the top from last year.
Unread 02-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #21274
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Look she is all clean!! I even put shinny stuff on the tires.

image-168497503.jpg
Unread 02-11-2013, 03:48 PM   #21275
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Also marn I ended up just getting the cheapest fake grass from lowes. It is only for my dogs to take a dump on after all. Hopefully it will be here by this weekend and I can put it in. I am assuming that I have to dig down a little bit then use some sort of fine sand to even everything out. I just need to source some silica sand or whatever to keep the smell down from the dogs since it will be in a semi confined area.
Unread 02-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #21276
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looks good Adam. I need to go wash wheelers pass off my pig.
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #21277
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Looks good Adam. I need to go wash wheelers pass off my pig.
I had to wash off about three inches of red Utah mud. Needless to say my street is now red and the neighbors like me even less. Lol
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #21278
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Joke them if they can't take a fvck

Misspelled and auto corrected on my phone
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #21279
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
yes, 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Width is either 7" or 8" but I'm not 100% sure which. If I was going to gamble I'd say they're 15 x 8 but don't know backspacing at all on them. Puck, we can talk... I'm keeping the tires that are currently mounted on them but we could possibly work something out once I'm ready to let them go if you're really that interested in them. Like I said though, I can't promise they won't leak... Once I pull the tires off I'll have a better idea on if my idea of what's needed to fix them will work or not. Personally I really think it will but I'll wait till I see what I see.

Hey Andy, jealous?

I'll have to look at the radius arms on my red expo. There's a chance with minimal work to them they could be built to be super strong and I'd make you a pretty good deal on those too once the parts are all off the trucks...

When i used to work for bobcat we had this tire bead sealer that was like a mix between rubber cement and black gasket maker. It worked wonders on dented and rusted rims. If you get that stuff you wont have a problem sealing those bead locks.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #21280
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81

Yeah, but Back space and width

Sent from my Imagination
Buy some spacers, you'll like the wider stance anyways!
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #21281
sirhk100

They're already sort of a deep set wheel. They might not look it from the outside but the center flange is pretty thick which adds to them being a bit kicked out. If anything the length of your wheel studs might even be a little bit of an issue.

As for sealing them, no matter who I sell them to (friend or stranger) I'm going to do what I think they need to fix them. If it doesn't work slime makes that stuff that's really thick with chunks of stuff in it, that's the route I'd go personally but at this point they're getting sold either way cause I won't need them once I'm done with the expo build. The beadlocks from my toyota are getting shuffled to the expo and I'm changing lug pattern on the toyota this summer when I build it so it'll get new wheels then too which I actually already have.

I just need to figure out the rotation of wheels around so that everything is still sitting on the ground. LOL There might actually be a short period where my toyota is sitting on 31" street tires! That or I'm going to the wheel rental place and putting it on 30" wheels for a few weeks and cruising the crap outta it with it's bling bling!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #21282
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

The real question is laptop or desktop?

If you want a laptop go with a 15" from Apple. The 15" machines have an embeded video card AND an external to handle graphics/video.
I know the whole PC vs Mac debate can get pretty political and petty, but honestly, which one is a better machine/operating system for the money?
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #21283
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I myself would go with ubuntu on a normal PC. Cheaper and more secure than both of them, plus you never have to buy software.
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #21284
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

I know the whole PC vs Mac debate can get pretty political and petty, but honestly, which one is a better machine/operating system for the money?
No one wants to touch that one Powr. We all want to stay friends. Lol
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #21285
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I prefer the functionality and smoothness of OSX. My 2008 macbook is still functioning like the day it was purchased. Not to mention the resale value on macs is great.

Now if you add "for the money" into the mix. You can build a SMOKIN fast PC for many $100 less than a mac, but it will still have the normal PC issues.

I personally think Apple is the better operating system and the computers are better quality. To me, its well worth the extra money...
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.