Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1418 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 02-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #21256
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
Don't those cost like 75 bucks at Home Depot?
Yup.

Factor in another 10 bucks worth of stuff (pipe, wrap, tape, glue, fittings), then factor in roughly an hour of labor, then factor in that we drove a truck out to your property, and consider that we are a legit business (therefore have legit business expenses like insurance, licenses, etc) and you get $350.

Add in the fact that people are ignorant to how to replace a simple valve on some PVC and they are willing to pay that $350, and then some.

I've heard of guys doing them for like $185, but they cant be making much. thats only $100 between labor and overhead. Then again, 'Pepe's Landscaping' generally doesn't have much overhead.

Puck works for a legitimate business too, and he just said it, people pay their prices of $400-500 for that $75.00 valve.

FYI, those valves cost YOU $75, haha.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #21257
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

Yup.

Factor in another 10 bucks worth of stuff (pipe, wrap, tape, glue, fittings), then factor in roughly an hour of labor, then factor in that we drove a truck out to your property, and consider that we are a legit business (therefore have legit business expenses like insurance, licenses, etc) and you get $350.

Add in the fact that people are ignorant to how to replace a simple valve on some PVC and they are willing to pay that $350, and then some.

I've heard of guys doing them for like $185, but they cant be making much. thats only $100 between labor and overhead. Then again, 'Pepe's Landscaping' generally doesn't have much overhead.

Puck works for a legitimate business too, and he just said it, people pay their prices of $400-500 for that $75.00 valve.

FYI, those valves cost YOU $75, haha.
%100 true

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #21258
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
It was me, allthough I am no longer there. Can I answer some questions for you?
I'm needing a relatively powerful computer and want opinions. From what I can gather, apple computers run much more efficiently, have fewer problems, are easier to navigate, and are much better at photo and video editing than pcs are. They're expensive though. For the same money I can get a massive pc, but maybe it's just my ignorance, they always seem to lag down and run like a commodore after a year or so. I need something that can keep up with good video and pictures. Obviously it will need to do all the work type stuff too.
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #21259
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I don't think they really leak on the fly, it's more while it's parked... And it's a slow leak either way but yeah, I personally wouldn't want to mess with them. If you wanted to try them out and see if you can get them to stop leaking once I'm ready to unload them you're more then welcome to. My last ditch effort is to while they're off to hit the mating surfaces 100% with wire wheel and then run a tap thru every single hole. At that point they "should" be pretty much brand new in that aspect at least. I don't totally remember if those mating surfaces were painted when mounted them or not honestly... I've only had them apart once. I do that on my champions and for some reason didn't do it on these KMC's and that really might be all that's needed. I'm just not sure right now though.
Trade them at the swap meet.
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #21260
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

hence the reason that I try to do most of my own work. Honestly Puck helping me out with my water softer was the first thing that I did not do on my own. Could I have done it? Hell yes. But had I messed something up or had to do 20 trips back and forth to Lowes... it would have been a pain in the arse. Let alone if I could not finish the job and the house did not have running water. The wife would have straight up killed me.
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #21261
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Powr I'm no computer person, but this has been my experience. I was a PC only user until my wife bought a MacBook Pro. Never a single problem and is just as fast as it was when new. She spent $1200 on it. In the same amount of time I have been through a HP, toshiba, and a dell. It would have been cheaper for me to have just bought Mac.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #21262
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Trade them at the swap meet.
Nah, I'm in shopping mode, no time to barter and trade at that event! It's all about spending the cash there. I'll give someone here the deal or get a legit sales price on the classifieds when ready. Not to mention, the expo would be sitting on the ground if I took them to the swap cause I don't have anything to put on it right now.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:36 PM   #21263
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

Nah, I'm in shopping mode, no time to barter and trade at that event! It's all about spending the cash there. I'll give someone here the deal or get a legit sales price on the classifieds when ready. Not to mention, the expo would be sitting on the ground if I took them to the swap cause I don't have anything to put on it right now.
I'll trade 4 wheels and tires plus some cash...

Sent from my Imagination
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #21264
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Bolt pattern still 5 on 4.5?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #21265
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

That is if the wheel fit my jeep

Sent from my Imagination
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #21266
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

They should Puck. Pretty sure he is running 5 on 4.5.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #21267
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
They should Puck. Pretty sure he is running 5 on 4.5.
Yeah, but Back space and width

Sent from my Imagination
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #21268
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
hence the reason that I try to do most of my own work.
Hence the reason I'm always happy to help with stuff when I can.

I'm not an actual landscape installer, but I can install stuff, and have the knowledge required to tell others how to do it.

Like PVB's we were just talking about above, I've replaced several for friends, and done other irrigation/ work too, for not a dime of profit.

If you are a stranger who calls my office, you get the price as mentioned, if you're a friend and you ask me, you pay for the parts and that's it. If you're a friend and you call the office, you get a bigger discount (ill basically throw away any commission I would get on the job).

Lots of people have helped me or extended their discounts to me so I do the same when possible.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #21269
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I'm needing a relatively powerful computer and want opinions. From what I can gather, apple computers run much more efficiently, have fewer problems, are easier to navigate, and are much better at photo and video editing than pcs are. They're expensive though. For the same money I can get a massive pc, but maybe it's just my ignorance, they always seem to lag down and run like a commodore after a year or so. I need something that can keep up with good video and pictures. Obviously it will need to do all the work type stuff too.
The real question is laptop or desktop?

If you want a laptop go with a 15" from Apple. The 15" machines have an embeded video card AND an external to handle graphics/video.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #21270
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I admit, I had to look up PVB...

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.