Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1417 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Reply
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:08 PM   #21241
Puck81
Web Wheeler
 
Puck81's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 2,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

we took in a wheelbarrow full of raunchy old PVB's and got like $550
Brass should be $1.30-$180 a pound. That said, PVBs are like ~2.5 lbs. So that makes sence to get $550. Plus you do more the i do, and cheaper. I charge $400-$500 depending on how much of a dick you are. That and i hate kneeling on rocks to replace them.

Sent from my Imagination

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #21242
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,827
I would charge extra for jobs all the time when I worked for my dads construction company. But he would let me keep the extra.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #21243
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 836
Anyone want to take the seats out of my jeep and clean it? Anyone?
__________________
You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #21244
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,827
Will I get a Bj in your cj?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #21245
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
Will I get a Bj in your cj?
You supply the bj!
__________________
You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #21246
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj

You supply the bj!
Dang I'm fresh out.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #21247
Puck81
Web Wheeler
 
Puck81's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 2,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I would charge extra for jobs all the time when I worked for my dads construction company. But he would let me keep the extra.
For every $90 in labor i charge i make 1 hour. So 2 $500 PVBs in one day maks my days hours. Plus i get paid an hour just to show up. One water heater install will give me 5-7 hours depending on what is charged for.

Sent from my Imagination
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #21248
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

Dang I'm fresh out.
I hear you can get some on Fremont St. I'm sure they'll be high quality! Teeth in or out you make the call.
__________________
You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #21249
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Brass should be $1.30-$180 a pound. That said, PVBs are like ~2.5 lbs. So that makes sence to get $550. Plus you do more the i do, and cheaper. I charge $400-$500 depending on how much of a dick you are. That and i hate kneeling on rocks to replace them.

Sent from my Imagination
thats crazy!

We charge $350, standard fee, so unless something is weird thats the price, including a 1 year warranty.

People give me crap for being expensive and laugh when i tell them to call a plumber and get a quote for 400-500.

Then they call back and we go out and replace it, haha.
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #21250
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
Anyone want to take the seats out of my jeep and clean it? Anyone?
I'll do it, but when you get it back, it'll be so clean that it looks like a 1973 wagoneer that is in significantly worse condition.
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #21251
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

thats crazy!

We charge $350, standard fee, so unless something is weird thats the price, including a 1 year warranty.

People give me crap for being expensive and laugh when i tell them to call a plumber and get a quote for 400-500.

Then they call back and we go out and replace it, haha.
Don't those cost like 75 bucks at Home Depot?
__________________
You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #21252
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj

I hear you can get some on Fremont St. I'm sure they'll be high quality! Teeth in or out you make the call.
I'm more worried about the extras that come with services from there. I will stick with my wife she's pretty darn good at it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #21253
adams1985cj
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

I'm more worried about the extras that come with services from there. I will stick with my wife she's pretty darn good at it.
Haha true but at least it's an adventure! I'll stick with my wife too.
__________________
You donít buy it you build it!!
adams1985cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #21254
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I'm more worried about the extras that come with services from there. I will stick with my wife she's pretty darn good at it.
What kind of extras are we talking about? Do you get a piece of candy at the end?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #21255
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,827
More of the herpes/warts kinda extras. Hell probably rabies.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.