Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 141 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 11-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #2101
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

If ksturgio doesn't take it, you could ride with me. I'll post before I go to bed

Unread 11-26-2011, 01:16 AM   #2102
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

No it's cool I'll be at the dealer getting a rental first thing in the morning. Hope you guys enjoy the trip and take lots of pics to report back with.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 07:02 AM   #2103
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I wasn't going to make the run, but I was going to try to meet up for coffee before everyone headed out. Cancel that. I have company flying in again and I have so much cleaning to do. I think everything looks fine, but I guess clean to a guy is totally different to a woman.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #2104
YOJIK
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Went out today with PowrJunkey, MMCKEIG and Puck81 and and hit up some trails around Lake Mead. Initially we were going to Anniversary Mine; however, it seems that it has been open back up for commercial mining, and therefore the entire road is closed off. We then got on a trail that went out to Lake Mead (not sure of the trail name) but that was a blast. There are a lot of open washes that you are driving through comprised of loose gravel and sand, meaning there was a lot of Jeep Drifting. We ended up at a little isolated part of the lake where we decided to do some muddin' Vegas style. My pictures wont load...so I will share later. Also, PowrJunkey and MMCKEIG have some good pictures.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yojiks-2006-tj-build-thread-1158011/"]My Build Thread[/URL]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f161/official-las-vegas-southern-nevada-wheelin-thread-1104394/"]Las Vegas Southern Nevada Thread[/URL]
YOJIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 05:50 PM   #2105
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Calville(sp?) Wash I believe was the name of the trail leading to the Lake. My pics are in this album linked here.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=748717d75c

But here is a great one of Yojik flying into the lake.
378755_984998263671_25004789_42148777_2053987089_n.jpg  
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 06:27 PM   #2106
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOJIK View Post
Went out today with PowrJunkey, MMCKEIG and Puck81 and and hit up some trails around Lake Mead. Initially we were going to Anniversary Mine; however, it seems that it has been open back up for commercial mining, and therefore the entire road is closed off.
From the pictures posted on Facebook, it looks like you guys made it to the wash below the mine site, what part has been closed off?
Unread 11-26-2011, 07:05 PM   #2107
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Nice! Sorry I couldn't make it. Was out trading jewelery for ammo and buying another gun.

That being said, I drove the waggy all day today, over to Henderson, then to the Silverton, and then came back on the highway. Ran like a top.

Next thing to do is try it out in the dirt!

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #2108
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw

From the pictures posted on Facebook, it looks like you guys made it to the wash below the mine site, what part has been closed off?
It was gated off a couple hundred yards from where you enter the wash.
Unread 11-26-2011, 07:42 PM   #2109
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Looks like you guys had a blast. I'm soo down for the next run. Ford is replacing my tranny with a brand new one free of charge, but I'm stuck in the wife's car until its finished. Which means no off roading.
On the other hand I've got all the accessories off the motor in the zj and I will be able to yank it out here in the next couple of weeks. I wish it wasn't the holidays and I could spend all my cash on it.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #2110
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, it was gated right at the base of the wash. Just below the old concrete platforms. Really bummed out that they have it gated. Good times swimming. Hey everyone make sure your axle vents are in place. Got home and checked mine and it's was off. Replaced diff oil just now and
Had water in it. Glad I checked it. Check yours!
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #2111
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Guys check you axle vents. Mine was off so I changed my diff oil and it had water in it. Check yours, I'm glad I checked mine
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:15 PM   #2112
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry for the double post, my phone froze for a minute
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #2113
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Oh, yeah? Well, today I cleaned the hardwood floors and steam cleaned the carpets. I also managed to squeeze in more fun and did laundry. Jealous?
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 08:49 PM   #2114
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, check it out! http://photoshopshowcase.com/ViewFla...ID=346788&AT=3
While you're here look at my other galleries! Feedback is welcome as long as its constructive(even if negative)
Unread 11-26-2011, 09:04 PM   #2115
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Pretty sweet anyway you can send me some of the pics of my Jeep? Thanks

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.