Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 1405 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #21061
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
aw dont feel bad buddy!

You can tell me if you want!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #21062
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I sit here all day with my 9 within arms reach just waiting for some fool to break in. I generally answer my door with it in the small of my back. The cool thing is that I have a little courtyard with a noisy arse gate. So I can hear them coming.
Unread 02-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #21063
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I sit here all day with my 9 within arms reach just waiting for some fool to break in. I generally answer my door with it in the small of my back. The cool thing is that I have a little courtyard with a noisy arse gate. So I can hear them coming.
same here, there's a reason i dont oil those hinges!

sounds like a damn haunted house every time somebody comes or goes haha

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #21064
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

dang... nothing like doing all of your taxes early only to find out that due to some of my deductions and other crap that the IRS will not even start looking at my return until March. Oh well, at least I do not have to pay this year.
Unread 02-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #21065
sirhk100

I still say criminals go to your nice neighborhoods to do that crap! Why would they waste the time in my area? Are they gonna help clean up the graffiti or what? LOL Knock and my door and listen to the dog on the otherside of the door and let me know if you want to come in the house. They don't know he's super friendly! Everyone on the street thinks my dog is super mean cause of his bark and he spends a TON of time in the front yard so he's pretty well known. Someone that doesn't know him will just hear that bark and that's probably enough. Not to mention, in the 3+ years I've lived there, I've never once had anyone randomly just come to the door and knock on it. Most people I don't think like walking thru gates to get to a house.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #21066
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I still say criminals go to your nice neighborhoods to do that crap! Why would they waste the time in my area? Are they gonna help clean up the graffiti or what? LOL Knock and my door and listen to the dog on the otherside of the door and let me know if you want to come in the house. They don't know he's super friendly! Everyone on the street thinks my dog is super mean cause of his bark and he spends a TON of time in the front yard so he's pretty well known. Someone that doesn't know him will just hear that bark and that's probably enough. Not to mention, in the 3+ years I've lived there, I've never once had anyone randomly just come to the door and knock on it. Most people I don't think like walking thru gates to get to a house.
we've never had anybody knock either.

Lots of houses have gotten their doors kicked in in our are. Hence the security doors.

The point isnt to make your house impenetrable, the point is to make it look more difficult to get into than your neighbors, no joke.

criminals like the least resistance, why would you bother with a house that has a steel door, locked gates, security lights, a dog in Khris' case, or anything else that gets in your way, when all the neighbors have none of that?

Unread 02-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #21067
sirhk100

I like my gates and my dog, except when he eats my belongings, then I don't like him.

Unread 02-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #21068
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

My co-worker asked me if I would give her a gun just this morning. NO! She told me that one of her neighbors came home to what they thought was a burned out front porch light. Instead, they found their porch light bulb unscrewed and their door kicked in. Then she told me that when she was leaving for work, her porch light wasn't on like normal so she was going to replace the bulb only to find that it was unscrewed. She told me that she thinks either she or the house have been targeted.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #21069
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I like my gates and my dog, except when he eats my belongings, then I don't like him.
How are your pool table pockets doing?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #21070
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

dang Andy... that was your way in. Just tell her if she is scared that you can stay over. Dang even the nasty stuff has to be better than no stuff at all.
Unread 02-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #21071
sirhk100

What pool table pockets?

Any bets on if I can get a motor in tonight solo? Should be a good exercise in cussing!

Unread 02-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #21072
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

So im trying to find a car/truck/suv that is nice but cheap. My GF's ex-mother in law (long story) needs a new car. She is high maintenance. Has a back problem so its hard for her to get in and out of doors that are small. She needs it to ride nice because of her back. She had a clean Lexus but rear ended some dude. She only drives to the store and dog park. Wants leather seats. I found her a 2003 BMW 745i for $7200 but it has like 160k on it and blue book is 7 (guy wont budge on price) we went and looked at a 2003 CTS last night but for a caddy the ride was rough. I found a few tahoes (she used to own one) but they are to much money for what you get i think. Also found a few grand cherokees for 4-6k but again i dont know if its "nice enough".
what cars do you think would work for her? she has like 8k cash but wants to say around 5-6k
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #21073
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

A slightly older FULL SIZE caddy?

Unread 02-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #21074
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Grands are not the most comfortable. Look into a used Mercedes c class or m class. We have had pretty good luck with my wife's. it has 140,000 miles on it and is 14 yeas old and still more comfortable then her moms new 3 series BMW. Older caddies are kinda built like crap. Maybe a Chrysler 300.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #21075
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ammo is already getting low at sportsmans warehouse

Misspelled and auto corrected on my phone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.